USA and Russia reach deal on Syria

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: USA and Russia reach deal on Syria

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]Well when you consider the GOP leadership was in support of approving the strike I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I am saying they wanted the strike to happen. They secretly wanted Obama to go it alone because then they could complain about an imperial Presidency, and it raised the possibility of a two-fer: The strike goes wrong.

Hence he said he would consult congress, forcing them to go on record with support and taking away the king Obama talking point...   

[/QUOTE]

Again with the crystal ball. Funny how you get in a tizzy when a conservative speculates...yet it's a-ok when YOU do it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

That bored, huh? Did you run out of babies to steal candy from or perhaps orphans to kick?

[QUOTE]

Is he a Washington politician?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]Well when you consider the GOP leadership was in support of approving the strike I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I am saying they wanted the strike to happen. They secretly wanted Obama to go it alone because then they could complain about an imperial Presidency, and it raised the possibility of a two-fer: The strike goes wrong.

Hence he said he would consult congress, forcing them to go on record with support and taking away the king Obama talking point...   

[/QUOTE]

If I had said something similar but 180 degrees out; I'd getting whacked by a number of BDC's posters from the left as I was just stating opinion and some fairytale.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Did someone just use a crystal ball to accuse me of using a crystal ball?

Yeah but you did it first...................

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]I'm not sure how bringing it to Congress was playing the GOP

[QUOTE]Because they were whipping themselves into a frenzy over Obama's supposed imminent overreach in ordering a strike without consulting congress (all the while silently hoping he would order it without consulting congress).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]That cuts both ways with congress.  It can be viewed that Obama was trying to get congress to call for a strike to prevent the political fgallout from a unilateral strike if it had gone bad.[/QUOTE]

Congress wants in and needs no prodding.

As the Obama administration moves ever-closer to a possible military strike on Syria, members of Congress are demanding they at least have a say in the decision -- with some pressuring President Obama to first seek their approval.

The quickly moving developments, in response to an alleged chemical weapons strike by the Assad regime last week, have lawmakers -- currently on summer recess -- clamoring for influence in a decision that has wide-ranging implications for both the Syrian civil war and the U.S. itself. 

Republican Rep. Scott Rigell of Virginia is asking colleagues to sign a letter to Obama that urges him to reconvene Congress and seek approval first for any military action. 

Other lawmakers are stopping short of demanding a vote, but still want the administration to bring them into the process before moving ahead. 

"I expect the Commander in Chief would consult with Congress in the days ahead as he considers the options available to him," Rep. Buck McKeon, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, R-Calif., said in a statement, while urging the administration to "act decisively." 

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, on Tuesday urged the administration to submit a "detailed plan" on the objectives and cost of any strike.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/27/lawmakers-press-obama-to-seek-their-input-approval-on-syria-strike/

[/QUOTE]

Sure. That's why the prognosticators all expected Obama to lose the vote on the issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Good work ..... let's hope everything works out for all parties involved especially the people of Syria

Semper Fi

Even Time magazine is calling BS on your Obama and Kerry are geniuses in this Syria mess:

http://content.time.com/time/covers/europe/0,16641,20130916,00.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

Good work ..... let's hope everything works out for all parties involved especially the people of Syria

Semper Fi

Even Time magazine is calling BS on your Obama and Kerry are geniuses in this Syria mess:

[/QUOTE]

Yawning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Semper Fi

[/QUOTE]

Yawning

[/QUOTE]

Yah, I'd do that to if I was as backed into the corner as you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter .... backed my way into a corner ....... that's pretty good ..... Obama got everything he wanted  ... he was brilliant .....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

skeeter .... backed my way into a corner ....... that's pretty good ..... Obama got everything he wanted  ... he was brilliant .....

[/QUOTE}

All he wanted is for the world to see him as Putin's lap dog?

Who knew?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE}

Who knew?

skeeter .... it's all about results and keeping me and you safe ...... you should thank Obama

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE}

Who knew?

skeeter .... it's all about results and keeping me and you safe ...... you should thank Obama

[/QUOTE]

By your logic, it is Putin who is keeping us safe.  Do you really want that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm going to pull out my crystal ball and say if we turned back the clock to 2008 and voted McCain into the white house, we'd be at war with half a dozen countries right now.  

There were no good solutions to Syria - this is by far the least bad, and would not be possible without a reflective commander in chief.  Conservatives can criticize if they want to, but right now all they can complain about is image.  

I love hearing that our image is suffering, because it means Americans are not, which would be the case if the neo-cons had their way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I'm going to pull out my crystal ball and say if we turned back the clock to 2008 and voted McCain into the white house, we'd be at war with half a dozen countries right now.  

There were no good solutions to Syria - this is by far the least bad, and would not be possible without a reflective commander in chief.  Conservatives can criticize if they want to, but right now all they can complain about is image.  

I love hearing that our image is suffering, because it means Americans are not, which would be the case if the neo-cons had their way.

You might be right on this being the optimal solution for Syria given the inputs.

You are wrong on McCain, he's a lot of talk, but I think he is slow to action.

As far as Obama:  He has gotten us invovled in several conflicts, whether supplying advisors or supplying arms, or diplomatic mess-ups.  It's just that the progressives have a strange way of looking at this, that is, that "boots on the ground" is the red line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE}

Who knew?

Yes, let`s thank him for allowing Putin to become "My Bodyguard" to Assad, for making plans for a short vacation with a luncheon meeting in Tehran to discuss the flourishing nuclear program that America`s worst enemy already has (on this incompetent`s watch), and let`s thank him for flexing his little chicken muscles while the ENTIRE world said no and laughed at him, resulting in America`s enemies knowing how weak we are with this fool at the helm.

Yes, thank you oh dear leader.

[/QUOTE]

America's worst enemy is the GOP

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Syrias first test/step and they will fail to comply!

oops

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-syria-deadline-20130919,0,3368673.story

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

A recently released YouGov poll shows that Americans overwhelming believe Russian President Vladimir Putin has been far more effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis than President Obama.

In fact, it was not even close.

When asked, "Which world leader was most effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis?", 49 percent of Americans gave the nod to Putin while only 25 percent pointed to Obama.

Among Republicans, the ratio was 63 percent for Putin to only 7 percent for Obama. Democrats gave Obama just under 50 percent approval while giving Putin 37 percent.

In response to, "Which world leader was the least effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis?", Obama got 44 percent while Putin only received 10 percent among those polled.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/26/Poll-Americans-Find-Putin-More-Effective-Than-Obama