War on women ? watch the news today.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: War on women ? watch the news today.

iks-nay on the insent-day.  The IRS is roving the country in vans with a live feed from the NSA looking for those that "disapprove" of government.

I just joined the Democrat party and put one of those "I'm for Obamacare" bumper stickers on my car.  That ought to keep me in the clear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

iks-nay on the insent-day.  The IRS is roving the country in vans with a live feed from the NSA looking for those that "disapprove" of government.

I just joined the Democrat party and put one of those "I'm for Obamacare" bumper stickers on my car.  That ought to keep me in the clear.

Your tinfoiled hat that you wear will be a sure give away that you're a Tea Partier !

btw Happy Father's Day skeeter !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

How about I ran, Pack a stand and I rack (Gov watching) . They bom-D a bus this morning full of women who were trying to get educated. 

Not a big deal  but Palin getting a lot attention about a Conserv conf.

Ki lling women But thats ok its mid east

chiefhowie,

I of course can only speak for myself, but I have not yet run out of tears, and my heart still breaks a little bit more, each and every time another atrocity like occurs. Esp. as a woman, I thank God, my luck of birth, etc., that I was born and raised in the United States.

It is not a piece of cake making your way here as a woman, but I never ever forget all the women who live in countries far worse to be a woman. Where women are basically just breeders of children and not much else.

So no, it is NOT okay these women were murdered in the middle east. 

Today what you can do for them is say a prayer.

And btw, Happy Father's Day chiefhowie. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

I am sure the Democrat party welcomes you. Honestly, never thought you would do a 180.

As for the "I'm for Obamacare" bumper sticker...there are some other stickers I could suggest. One of my favorites is:

HEALTH CARE

REFORMEDed

Happy Father's Day, skeeter!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

How about I ran, Pack a stand and I rack (Gov watching) . They bom-D a bus this morning full of women who were trying to get educated. 

chiefhowie,

I of course can only speak for myself, but I have not yet run out of tears, and my heart still breaks a little bit more, each and every time another atrocity like occurs. Esp. as a woman, I thank God, my luck of birth, etc., that I was born and raised in the United States.

It is not a piece of cake making your way here as a woman, but I never ever forget all the women who live in countries far worse to be a woman. Where women are basically just breeders of children and not much else.

So no, it is NOT okay these women were murdered in the middle east. 

Today what you can do for them is say a prayer.

And btw, Happy Father's Day chiefhowie. 

[/QUOTE]

It's not a piece of cake making your way here for ANYONE. 

Of course it helps if you decide to take education seriously, don't have kids before you are out of high school or college, wait until you get married and can afford to have kids before you have them. Basic things that are ignored because some call it "judgemental" or make up some BS about the definition of a family. It is not about morals, it's about financial security. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

I am sure the Democrat party welcomes you. Honestly, never thought you would do a 180.

As for the "I'm for Obamacare" bumper sticker...there are some other stickers I could suggest. One of my favorites is:

HEALTH CARE

REFORMEDed

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure his post was sarcasm. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

HEALTH CARE

REFORMEDed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heh,

I am pretty sure you are right. :)

Thought I would approach his comment in a lighthearted way. I like humor in the forums mixed in with the serious commentary. Stalking Butler, among others, does it quite well.

I am puzzled why he posted that comment on this thread. Had nothing at all to do with the topic of thread. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

HEALTH CARE

REFORMEDed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I am serious (wink,wink)

I have seen the light.  I have framed a picture of Obama and proudly hang it above my desk.  I also added another bumper sticker:

"I (heart) Obamacare"

I'm determined to keep the stasi, er, I mean the "federal government" off my trail!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

I like the humor skeeter. I have seen it from you before. Glad you have not lost it.

I do appreciate 46&2 making sure I knew you were employing "sarcasm" as he put it. 

Appropriate humor is so welcome IMO in the forums. Stalking Butler is very good at it. Now maybe you will do it a little more often. 

It is even better when it is a back and forth between posters who tend to lean towards  opposite directions.

Well, good luck with your plans . Sounds like you may be able to fly under the radar. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

the NSA looking for those that "disapprove" of government

Today, the right wing condemns government surveillance.  When the government targeted leftists under McCarthy, Johnson, and Bush this met with the ready approval of the far right.

Interestingly, leftists condemned Democrat Johnson.  Rightists never condemned their Republican counterparts.  Further, the rightists fail to condemn police stop-and-frisk policies in NY while readily approving of sheriff Arpaio's criminal activities in Arizona.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Sad that a few radical Islamists (assuming these were the culprits) would attack a bus full of female students in order to keep them out of school. Here's an article about it:

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/south-asia/pakistan-female-suicide-bomber-responsible-for-quetta-attack-25-killed/

Note that a male companion also carried on an attack at the same time.

While it is shocking that females were targeted by a terrorist ( a female terrorist at that!), this is an isolated event.  By contrast, in Hindu India females are routinely murdered in a cultural campaign of genocide that is ignored by the Western media:

http://genderbytes.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/whats-killing-indias-little-girls-its-not-love/

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/24/opinion/24iht-edswami.html?_r=0

Death from terrorist attack is evil.  Massive genocide as an accepted cultural practice is FAR worse. Strange how the far right is so silent about this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hansoribrother,

t's not a piece of cake making your way here for ANYONE. 

Of course it helps if you decide to take education seriously, don't have kids before you are out of high school or college, wait until you get married and can afford to have kids before you have them. Basic things that are ignored because some call it "judgemental" or make up some BS about the definition of a family. It is not about morals, it's about financial security. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very well schooled about "following the rules". And so was my husband of 24 years. I came from a middle class family. I worked very hard all the way thru school to get accepted into the best universities in this country, then law school and graduate law school. My husband did the in his field. We did not buy a house until we could afford it. Paid off all our student debt on our own.. No parental loans either. Etc. 

I do not know what you mean when you write "some BS definition of a family". I of course could speculate but I do not want to put words in your mouth. If you care to expand on that, I would be happy to fashion an appropriate reply. You might also expand on your use of the word "judgmental" so I can reply without speculation.

However, as a professional women it is a fact, not my opinion, that there is still a major pay equity issue in this country. And as the woman who is the spouse who bears the children even if she brings in more income, the family takes an economic hit with every child on top of the problem of disparity in income between the genders.

Also there are many well paying blue collar jobs that women simply are not physically able to perform. So men with but a high school diploma can be mobile and work if they are in certain trades. 

So, I stand by my statement that it is hard for women to make their way in the world...harder then it is for men in general.

This is a rather short and simple approach to the issue and it only touched on the financial aspect of making our way. There are of course a lot more issues in life then money but that was your focus so there is my response. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

Today, the right wing condemns government surveillance.  When the government targeted leftists under McCarthy, Johnson, and Bush this met with the ready approval of the far right.

Who specifically approved of it?

Interestingly, leftists condemned Democrat Johnson.  Rightists never condemned their Republican counterparts.  Further, the rightists fail to condemn police stop-and-frisk policies in NY while readily approving of sheriff Arpaio's criminal activities in Arizona.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

chiefhowie,

Well, what can I say? A heartfelt welcome back from you. Glad to hear you come here for a laugh. Cannot speak for Reuben and I suppose the other "libruls" who post here, but I am always happy to oblige with some much needed amusement. Nobody's life is so charmed that they could not use a little more humor in it, whatever and/or whoever the source.

As for the makeup of the political forums...i.e., libruls, conservatives and a few Americans...I have ALWAYS ALWAYS just loved being stereotyped. Esp. when I take the time and energy to really do some critical thinking on the issue at hand and post some serious commentary. I am not a kid. Married 24 years and running, a lot of years of advanced schooling , Peace Core/Vista on a leave from college etc., etc., etc.

When I was much younger and beginning to try and figure things out, the world was probably a lot more black and white to me. As I get older, I see 50 shades of gray often, esp. with the more I know and I listen and I search out.

And gee, chiefhowie, I really like to believe that you believe that we are all first Americans in the forums.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

I like the humor skeeter. I have seen it from you before. Glad you have not lost it.

I do appreciate 46&2 making sure I knew you were employing "sarcasm" as he put it. 

Appropriate humor is so welcome IMO in the forums. Stalking Butler is very good at it. Now maybe you will do it a little more often. 

It is even better when it is a back and forth between posters who tend to lean towards  opposite directions.

Well, good luck with your plans . Sounds like you may be able to fly under the radar. :)

skeeter,

Really thought you would appreciate this today. jmel, whatever his name is right now, probably would as well considering the source of this. If memory serves, Rasmussen was one if not his goto source for information and backup. This is from the Daily Rasmussen Reports.

Not bad for a poster who when some give it mention, seem to think I am a straight dyed-in-the-wool "librul", on an exclusive diet of MSNBC, HuffPost, the Daily Beast, etc. This is in my primary email inbox every day. :)

Distrust Growing: 70% Believe IRS Decision to Target Conservatives Was Made in DC 

While the controversy over the National Security Agency surveillance program has dominated the news recently, concern about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of Tea Party groups and other conservative organizations remains high and is inching up. Despite the large number of controversies engulfing official Washington, the number of people following the IRS scandal has actually increased in recent weeks.  Read More 

Rasmussen Challenge

So skeeter, maybe you really are being very pragmatic with your now TWO bumper stickers as well as Obama photo, etc. 

What is that saying? They can call you paranoid BUT it does not mean people are not watching you.

your librul friend,

andiejen

p.s.   I do truly hope that your head does not explode with all of your undercover Democrat props. If it did the tinfoil hat some other posters refer to you as wearing would surely be ruined. (And please this post is a continuation of some tongue in cheek humor for anyone who just jumps in without reading the above posts. Posts by BOTH skeeter and myself.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

My plans are not workign ot so well.  As a newly minted Democrat and Obamacare supporter, I have lost the ability to take care of myself.  I mean, with all the rallies on the state house steps, union meetings, and canvasing neighbors on recycling and global warming, I don't have any time for a job. 

But, on the bright side, I can now wear sandals, grow a beard, and everyone calls me comrade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

I think you are failign in that you are not seeing that this survallance thing is making strange bedfellows.  It is about as nonpartisan of an issue as you are going to see.

It basically splits on those who see big government as the solution, and those that see it as the problem.

I'm actually quite surprised.

As far as McCarthy, history has proven him largely correct in his assertions. It must sux for you to have to learn that here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

skeeter,

Really thought you would appreciate this today. jmel, whatever his name is right now, probably would as well considering the source of this. If memory serves, Rasmussen was one if not his goto source for information and backup. This is from the Daily Rasmussen Reports.

Not bad for a poster who when some give it mention, seem to think I am a straight dyed-in-the-wool "librul", on an exclusive diet of MSNBC, HuffPost, the Daily Beast, etc. This is in my primary email inbox every day. :)

Distrust Growing: 70% Believe IRS Decision to Target Conservatives Was Made in DC 

While the controversy over the National Security Agency surveillance program has dominated the news recently, concern about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of Tea Party groups and other conservative organizations remains high and is inching up. Despite the large number of controversies engulfing official Washington, the number of people following the IRS scandal has actually increased in recent weeks.  Read More 

Rasmussen Challenge

So skeeter, maybe you really are being very pragmatic with your now TWO bumper stickers as well as Obama photo, etc. 

What is that saying? They can call you paranoid BUT it does not mean people are not watching you.

your librul friend,

andiejen

p.s.   I do truly hope that your head does not explode with all of your undercover Democrat props. If it did the tinfoil hat some other posters refer to you as wearing would surely be ruined. (And please this post is a continuation of some tongue in cheek humor for anyone who just jumps in without reading the above posts. Posts by BOTH skeeter and myself.)

[/QUOTE]

whew!

Looks like my plan is back on track, and, I'm not paranoid.  People ARE out to get me.

Hey, I'm thinking of starting a 501c.  I'm calling it "Government:  The Bigger, the Better", or maybe " Government:  Get in line or get Audited"

Which one do you think has a better chance of getting approved?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

My plans are not workign ot so well.  As a newly minted Democrat and Obamacare supporter, I have lost the ability to take care of myself.  I mean, with all the rallies on the state house steps, union meetings, and canvasing neighbors on recycling and global warming, I don't have any time for a job. 

But, on the bright side, I can now wear sandals, grow a beard, and everyone calls me comrade.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

You know, nobody told either of us that life was going to be easy. Honestly, I went straight from child to very very mature and serious grownup due to a combination of my own makeup and my very strict 1st generation Italian-American very Catholic parents. Even more so because those types of parents are far stricter with girls then with boys as a rule.

So, reforming skeeter for pragmatic reasons, paranoid reasons, or any reason from a conservative Republican to a moderate to librul Democrat may be an adjustment at first, but like many changes in life, people who know you often need to do things you do not want to do. I have confidence you will soon be a natural.

You did not even mention given it is go time now for next Tuesday's election, you should also be phone banking for Markey, have your entire weekend arranged in a a way to help his campaign the best given your particular skill sets, of course a major Markey lawn sign on your front lawn and have talked to every neighbor and friend you have into both voting for Markey as well as having their own lawn sign. On Tuesday you do not work anyway anymore so you ask how can I be of best service today. Example...can I be a poll checker at a local voting precinct where you live, then at 4pm knock off and canvass/call all the Democrat voters who have not voted as of yet.

When the polls close, you can go home or gather with other campaign workers to watch for the results. In politics, it is not, I can sleep when I am dead...it is I can sleep the day after the election. Although you would not be the 1st one to sleep in your local E.R. (I did in 2010 after the mid-terms. That is being perfectly serious.)

So no, it is not easy being a Democrat political activist, and a spouse, and a parent and an economic partner and sandwhiched in between your children and your elderly parents and spouses' parents. Nevermind friends, their children, church, etc.......

But you have always promoted a strong work ethic. It is called work for a good reason. So though there is an element obviously of humor here, it is more like one of those films they label dramedy. It is a whole lot easier just to bring in the money and say my family comes first...I do not have the time nor energy nor inclination to get involved in ANY politics beyond voting, reading and commentary. And that is fine. But as a mature person I view that as a life choice.

That said, what you do now is a lot more then a lot of people do to be part of the political process.  

Gee, got a bit serious here. I am really okay with almost any choice an adult makes as long as they own it and give others the same in return. 

On my bright side, being married to a complete WASP, I can "pass" so easily as a Republican. I know the lingo, I know how to dress Republican, what hair styles work better and at which occasions. I speak very properly, my husband looks more Republican than anything else when they look us over as a couple. We live the "right way". He is a professional in a huge private company. Republicans always seems to ask and what do you do for a living. He can talk classical music and jazz, and the arts. You know, things rich people judge you by. Or people who think they are going to be rich someday.

So it is not easy being me either. I am often under the radar as well. Cannot put a proper bumper sticker on either car...so there go our Grateful Dead stickers, Obamacare stickers, etc. Only in our home in the private areas. 

If I can do it, I have faith you can do it skeeter. 

Sections
Shortcuts