Warren beats Brown

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Warren beats Brown

IMO Brown being a bully and his Scalia comment was his downfall !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Doesnt really surprise me, It was such a big surprise he won last time Because of mass being overwhelmingly liberal. Just goes to show you what fvckin idiots live here, Only they could vote to elect a big liar face.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh, the petulant, sore losers are starting to crawl out from under their rocks...

No surprise there....

[/QUOTE]

It doesnt change anything nothing will still get done AS ALWAYS. And by the way if you dont like winning then your a loser.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's not just Warren, the Dems seem to be taking all of the tightly contested senate races.  They'll keep control of the Senate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not just Warren, the Dems seem to be taking all of the tightly contested senate races.  They'll keep control of the Senate.

[/QUOTE]

Greg should be doing a mea culpa on Senate!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Bad day for a moderate; I was hoping to see more candidates like Sen Brown not lose him.

Warren is an ideologue who believes compromise and negotiation are a bad thing; we are doomed to four tough years unless; Obama morphs into a Clinton centrist.  Without the pressure of reelection maybe the President will be more interested in governing then partisan politics.  We'll see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I won't count Brown out yet. In fact, we may be seeing him soon. If Kerry is asked to sit on the cabinet then that will open up the seat, and Brown, I'm sure, will run for it.

Warren doesn't have a track record yet. She's gets to make one up now and I seriously don't think it's going to look much better than Browns. At some point she's going to realize that the money simply isn't there, so what will she cut to make things happen?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bad day for a moderate; I was hoping to see more candidates like Sen Brown not lose him.

Warren is an ideologue who believes compromise and negotiation are a bad thing; we are doomed to four tough years unless; Obama morphs into a Clinton centrist.  Without the pressure of reelection maybe the President will be more interested in governing then partisan politics.  We'll see.

[/QUOTE]Brown a moderate?

Please. He only votes with the Dem's when his party tells him it's ok.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Sad, I did like Brown but in such a politically divided country he fell victim to party politics.

If the majority control of Senate wasn't an issue I think he would've won re-election handily.

He is a victim of the craven politics of his wingnut party, nothing more.

Maybe he'll run again....

[/QUOTE]

Now Brown can concentrate on serving the people of Maryland in their Nationa Guard:)....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Sad, I did like Brown but in such a politically divided country he fell victim to party politics.

If the majority control of Senate wasn't an issue I think he would've won re-election handily.

[/QUOTE]

Brown fell victim to the gimmie population that has grown up in this state overthe last fourty years.  that, and the public unions.  How the heck are the people winners here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh, the petulant, sore losers are starting to crawl out from under their rocks...

No surprise there....

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  sore, but not unexpected.  you can't win when the basic proposition is something for nothing. 

But, let me be the first to congratulate you, Angry.  your malformed ideas won the night, and you should be proud.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brown fell victim to the gimmie population that has grown up in this state overthe last fourty years.  that, and the public unions.  How the heck are the people winners here?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe selfish people aren't winners today !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No surprise there....

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  sore, but not unexpected.  you can't win when the basic proposition is something for nothing. 

But, let me be the first to congratulate you, Angry.  your malformed ideas won the night, and you should be proud.

[/QUOTE]

What ideas did the GOP have ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have a hard time understanding how democracy works.  People vote and politicians get elected.  The people always win through the process because they are in charge of the process.  You and your ilk are obviously not "the people".  You lost.  Get used to it.  Now run along little ideologue.  Run along.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No surprise there....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The GOP had some great ideas, conceptually, such as people actually being responsible for themselves.

But, I agree in part.  The GOP persists in this crazy idea that they can beat the liberals by putting forth similar ideas that to the gimmie crowd are not as attractive.

I think the real story here is how moderation is not a strategy.  The GOP keeps playing to this fickle base.  These so called moderates are not moderates at all, but liberals.  The past two presidential elections have shown this .  We are NOT a center-right country, we are a left leaning country, going further left each election cycle.

Obama will end up having to rule by executive mandate.  Be prepared for that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the 47% that the GOP believes are the "takers".
    Skeeter..regardless of your personal opinions, which you are entitled to....you must understand that your brand of politics and statements like the one you made above are the things that have hurt the republican brand the most?

The republican party needs to stop labelling people who don't agree with them as "gimmie" populations or takers. Sometimes people have a difference of opinion and you can't label Liberals as elitist and then turn around and call them takers. It's just not consistent..and I think we all see what lack of consistency cost the GOP last night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

You have a hard time understanding how democracy works.  People vote and politicians get elected.  The people always win through the process because they are in charge of the process.  You and your ilk are obviously not "the people".  You lost.  Get used to it.  Now run along little ideologue.  Run along.

[/QUOTE]

Gracious... as always

Some people get elected because of ... the machine. Such is the case.

[/QUOTE]

Machine?  No.  regular people, good people, went out and voted for the candidates.  You lost. Your message lost. Fringe people compain about conspiracies, machines and people being fooled to vote a certain way. You don't like democracy.  There are too many people not like you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

The GOP had some great ideas, conceptually, such as people actually being responsible for themselves.

But, I agree in part.  The GOP persists in this crazy idea that they can beat the liberals by putting forth similar ideas that to the gimmie crowd are not as attractive.

I think the real story here is how moderation is not a strategy.  The GOP keeps playing to this fickle base.  These so called moderates are not moderates at all, but liberals.  The past two presidential elections have shown this .  We are NOT a center-right country, we are a left leaning country, going further left each election cycle.

Obama will end up having to rule by executive mandate.  Be prepared for that. 

[/QUOTE]

What a silly response to the election.  Going more conservative is a recipe for disaster for the G.O.P.  Brown lost his seat because of the rightward tilt of the party.  And Romney failed despite the problems of Obama's term.  The G.O.P. lost big with women, the young and the ethnic vote.  It's conservative agenda alienated those folks and those groups are getting bigger and bigger.  To be viable the Republicans will have to moderate their views.  You will be unhappy, but they can't play to the fringe and hope to win.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Bad day for a moderate; I was hoping to see more candidates like Sen Brown not lose him. Warren is an ideologue who believes compromise and negotiation are a bad thing; we are doomed to four tough years unless; Obama morphs into a Clinton centrist.  Without the pressure of reelection maybe the President will be more interested in governing then partisan politics.  We'll see. 

What do you think of the win for the governor of NH, Joe?   Maggie Hassan didn't win by a landslide, but she pulled it off.   

I happened to see (not deliberately -- just channel surfing and decided to watch) the debate between Hassan and Lamontagne on PBS about a month ago; wish Brown and Warren had taken a cue from them ... both candidates were well-spoken, courteous to each other and because of the debate format, had to actually converse with one another in discussing solutions to problems that face NH.  Very well done.    Hassan came across as a very sensible, practical, and intelligent candidate.  

How do you feel about her win?