Warren beats Brown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Warren beats Brown

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Sad, I did like Brown but in such a politically divided country he fell victim to party politics. If the majority control of Senate wasn't an issue I think he would've won re-election handily. Maybe he'll run again.... 

Agree.  I like him very much, too.  I loved his concession speech.  His supporters were very vocal in their support and affection for him.   Maybe this proved he's more savvy than people gave or give him credit for ... we shall see.   One door closes, another will open for him.  I would not be unhappy to see him run for office again.   I doubt that Brown has ruled out any possibilities.   It was refreshing to have a real race for the Senate seat, and not automatically hand it over to a Democrat; Warren won and she earned it.   Exciting race right to the finish.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boo.

And the bad thing is I think he had a better shot against Warren than the entrenched Kerry. I don't like Warren. I am rather unhappy with this result.

[/QUOTE]

I think Kerry takes over for Hillary, and Brown will win a special election some time in the near future.  I can't see Capuano, Markey, or any of the others beating him in a special election.

Hillary will go on to become our 1st female president, after a much deserved break from politics. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boo.

And the bad thing is I think he had a better shot against Warren than the entrenched Kerry. I don't like Warren. I am rather unhappy with this result.

[/QUOTE]

I think Kerry takes over for Hillary, and Brown will win a special election some time in the near future.  I can't see Capuano, Markey, or any of the others beating him in a special election.

Hillary will go on to become our 1st female president, after a much deserved break from politics. 

[/QUOTE]

It hard to catch lightning in a bottle once never mind twice. Brown is done in our state . He had every advantage against Warren except where he stood on issues that matter to a majority of the voters of this state and he looked real bad with his political grandstanding, his Scalia comment ,being a bully towards Warren and his transfer to the Maryland National Guard 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Brown's best suited to be a Congressmen, not a US Senator. 

A Senator has too much power for any one seat to be in the hands of the Republicans.  Another Congressional seat in the hands of the Republicans won't mean that much.  Plus, as a Congressman, Brown can excel at what he's good at - constituency relations.  And it allows his views to be truly to be reflective of the smaller constituency.

Brown just doesn't have the presence to be a Senator.  He seemed never to have an agenda other than to do whatever he can to stay in office.  He lacked conviction.

Sorry, but a platform of, "I compromise", is OK if he was running as an independent.  But not when he is a position to allow Mitch McConnell to control the Agenda in the Senate.  Not when he's in a position to allow Global Warming deniers to gain power positions in the Senate.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boo.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It hard to catch lightning in a bottle once never mind twice. Brown is done in our state . He had every advantage against Warren except where he stood on issues that matter to a majority of the voters of this state and he looked real bad with his political grandstanding, his Scalia comment ,being a bully towards Warren and his transfer to the Maryland National Guard 

[/QUOTE]

Just curious...if Warren was a man would you still consider Brown to have been a bully?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so . Believe it or not but I think there is a code of conduct that men should adhere to when speaking to women. I think a male politician who is being respectful to a woman politician in a debate but still making his point can look like graceful and at ease with himself. I find being graceful a great quality in a person. I wish I had it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Senator LIAWATHA or is it Princess Spewing Bull ?

-------------------------

Harping on that irrelevancy hurt Scott hugely.

[/QUOTE]

Respectfully... telling the truth hurt Scott hugely ?

[/QUOTE]

An appeal to nativism connects only with a prejudiced few.  It turns of many others.  You might think about that.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sad, I did like Brown but in such a politically divided country he fell victim to party politics.

If the majority control of Senate wasn't an issue I think he would've won re-election handily.

He is a victim of the craven politics of his wingnut party, nothing more.

Maybe he'll run again....

[/QUOTE]

Brown fell victim to the gimmie population that has grown up in this state overthe last fourty years.  that, and the public unions.  How the heck are the people winners here?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe selfish people aren't winners today !

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  It is the selfish people who are the winners, and the public unions.  I recieved about $1,000 worth of very slick Warren campaign flyers from the Mass Teachers Association on behalf of Warren.  

Seems like the children lose in that bargain.  That money could have paid for about 100 more teachers.  Instead, It was flushed down the drain to support someone who will brak the bank to give teachers fatted calf pensions.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boo.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are partly right, but come on.  Brown bent over backwards to appease liberals with his votes, but again, given the choice between a half a loaf, and a full loaf, the liberals took the full loaf.  

When will repbulicans learn they can't outspend the liberals unless they actually outspend the liberals?  It is a poor strategy, always has been.  Moderation is done in this country, if it ever really existed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boo.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are partly right, but come on.  Brown bent over backwards to appease liberals with his votes, but again, given the choice between a half a loaf, and a full loaf, the liberals took the full loaf.  

When will repbulicans learn they can't outspend the liberals unless they actually outspend the liberals?  It is a poor strategy, always has been.  Moderation is done in this country, if it ever really existed.

[/QUOTE]

and Brown bent over backwards to support republican filibusters every chance he got. I hope they change the senate rules back to the original filibuster rules. It would be my first priority.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boo.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and Brown bent over backwards to support republican filibusters every chance he got. I hope they change the senate rules back to the original filibuster rules. It would be my first priority.

[/QUOTE]

My first priority would be helping those in NY and NJ ....but we know where POTUS is, back in the warm comfort of the white house. His priorties are still messed up. 

[/QUOTE]

Chris Christie is more then happy with Obama's response. Newsflash- The federal government is helping people in NY and NJ. Don't you pay attention?