"We are 5 days away from "TRANSFORMING" the USA back to the USA !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re:

In response to ArkaSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fox news???

Watching Fox News to learn about politics is like watching Hogan’s Heroes to learn about the Holocaust

[/QUOTE]

This guy clearly watches the substantive, & non partisan MSNBC!

Fox is certainly to the Right of center.  Absolutely!!!!

MSNBC & a few others???   Over the FAR LEFT CLIFF<<<<<<<<<

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re:

I will grant you.... Hannity would be over the FAR Right cliff!  Bill O is a phony, but at least he pretends to be in the middle. 

All of MSNBC are true FAR LEFT LOONS!

The rest of the MSM has a clear left leaning bias.  Most of the left wing bias is by omission with the MSM, but much is by comission.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ArkaSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fox news???

Watching Fox News to learn about politics is like watching Hogan’s Heroes to learn about the Holocaust

[/QUOTE]

This guy clearly watches the substantive, & non partisan MSNBC!

Fox is certainly to the Right of center.  Absolutely!!!!

MSNBC & a few others???   Over the FAR LEFT CLIFF<<<<<<<<<

[/QUOTE]

i get my political information from the daily show with jon stewart. when satire is your main priority everything is fair game and theres no place for bias to one side or the other.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re:

Would someone at BDC please call Dr. Kevorkian and have this thread put down in a mercy killing? Thx........

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

Re:

This is known as "pulling a softy / stiffy."

Softy / sTIFFY is great at playing the race card. Congrats at matching his level of debate / demagoguery. The last refuge of a weak mind....

Obama seems like a charming guy. He's funny, witty, etc. I simply think he has failed in his job performance.....

Unemployment higher

a budget - zero budgets in 4 years

energy - pushing green instead of a broad energy policyt

foreign policy + 140,000 troops in Afghanistan (where did my anti-war friends go?)

_ The middle east is imploding as he leads from behind. We're less respected than under Bush, is that's even possible......

THE DEBT - Now 16.3 TRILLION ((+almost 7 TRILLION ) he called Bush's "immoral"

HCL + I'm paying $2,500 more per year. How 'bout you???

JOBS????? Public sector has incredibly low 4% unemployment. Private sector????

HCL - It's been a job killer

Entitlement Reform - He's scrapping the hard work Clinton did

Race Card Politics - Worse than ever!

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES! SIMPLE AS THAT!

P.S. I CONTRIBUTED $100.00 TO OBAMA IN 08.......

SO AM I A RACIST TOO????? FOLKS LIKE YOU & STIFFY ARE PATHETIC!

p.p.s. All my knocks against obama were issue oriented & substantive.

my issue with folks like stiffy & this gentleman was judgemental. Too bad!

If you were a Obama supporter and I doubt very much you were, and now your claiming to be just another one of the disillusioned. The ones that expected him to straighten everything out in four years two of which were with a republican house who publicly refused to work with him and that after inheriting two unpaid for wars started by his predecessor a housing and financial catastrophe also belonging to his predecessor and a DEBT that was never mentioned during The Bush administration and is now solely Obamas fault, its no wonder you think the emperor has no clothes, because its obvious you do not have the slightest grasp of what is really going on in Washington. It must be a different world in that Neocon bubble and if that sounds judgmental it was meant too!

Are you sure the $100.00 contribution was to Obama and not McCain -Palin?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need to raise tax rates for everybody to the levels that they were before Bush. Clinton had a balanced budget and no deficit. We also need to cut government spending across the board. I am willing to pay the extra $3000 per year as long as cuts in spending are made across the board. The fiscal cliff is a great idea, let it happen.

Actually Obama and the Democrats don't have to do anything before January 1. On that day taxes goes up and spending goes down. This is great. Sixty percent of those in the exit polls wanted taxes to go up. Now their wish comes true.

[/QUOTE]

I've been saying that for months now.  Let's go over the cliff.

1-Tell the republicans that you've allowed the tax cuts to expire, just as Bush meant them to be.  They won't be held liable politically since they had no choice.  Tell them that they now have a choice of allocating those increases, to some degree, among the various economic classes, or rescind tax breaks for oil companies, ethanol, farms, mortgages for 2nd homes, etc.  But the total tax increase, as mandated by Bush's expiration will remain the same to the penny.

2-Tell the Democrats that the spending cuts, THAT THEY AGREED TO, are now taking place.  They won't get blamed since this agreement was made last year.  Tell them that they now have a choice of allocating those cuts, to some degree, among the various constituencies, the military, SS, green efforts,  the arts, medicare, whatever.

It will force both parties to accept the inevitable, without necessarily getting blamed, while allowing them the freedom to make the hard choices relatively less painful and more logical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We need to raise tax rates for everybody to the levels that they were before Bush. Clinton had a balanced budget and no deficit. We also need to cut government spending across the board. I am willing to pay the extra $3000 per year as long as cuts in spending are made across the board. The fiscal cliff is a great idea, let it happen.

Actually Obama and the Democrats don't have to do anything before January 1. On that day taxes goes up and spending goes down. This is great. Sixty percent of those in the exit polls wanted taxes to go up. Now their wish comes true.

[/QUOTE]

1-Tell the republicans that you've allowed the tax cuts to expire, just as Bush meant them to be.  They won't be held liable politically since they had no choice.  Tell them that they now have a choice of allocating those increases, to some degree, among the various economic classes, or rescind tax breaks for oil companies, ethanol, farms, mortgages for 2nd homes, etc.  But the total tax increase, as mandated by Bush's expiration will remain the same to the penny.

2-Tell the Democrats that the spending cuts, THAT THEY AGREED TO, are now taking place.  They won't get blamed since this agreement was made last year.  Tell them that they now have a choice of allocating those cuts, to some degree, among the various constituencies, the military, SS, green efforts,  the arts, medicare, whatever.

It will force both parties to accept the inevitable, without necessarily getting blamed, while allowing them the freedom to make the hard choices relatively less painful and more logical.

[/QUOTE]

Very nice post; changing the subject a little however; 70% of single women voted for Obama; anybody wonder why? (Hint: Akin & Mourdock are only partly involved)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very nice post; changing the subject a little however; 70% of single women voted for Obama; anybody wonder why?

[/QUOTE]

It's actually for two separate issues, though the pundits never realize it.

The first is the obvious issue of abortion.

The second reason, and probably just as much of the percentage variance, is that single women are younger.  You know the old saying-If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart, if you're liberaal when you're older, you have no brain.

That why married women vote for republicans.  They're older, so they're smarter, and they're married, so less concerned about the abortion issue.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

Most women do not like old men telling them what they can and can not do with their bodies. You may disagree with the prochoice position, but the fact remains that the mindset and attitudes that often go along with the "prolife" advocates really gets under the skin of a lot of women- left and right. The whole birth control insurance coverage thing is another issue the Republicans tried to turn into a "we're not for making birth control illegal, so what's the issue here?" position, but again they missed the point and alienated a lot of single and quitea few married women as well. It's easy for men to say "make them pay for it", but then when these women start having unwanted babies, who is first in line to say "cut off funding for food stamps, pre-K education, and other safety nets"? You guessed it: the party that just lost. (Also, do you know the lifetime cost of birth control? If you are a man, probably not, and if you are a man, you probably don't care either, afterall, it's not you that gets pregnant.)

It didn't help to have a few Republican candidates say out loud what many believe in silence, and that mistrust of true intentions is what scared the living bejesus out of many of Obama-voting women. Paul Ryan supported a national personhood law. Their lame attempt at suggesting that Roe vs Wade will not be overthrown if Romney is elected was just that: lame. Now, I hear extremists blaming Obama for scaring women into thinking Abortion will be made illegal, when it wouldn't have been. Well, Romney came right out and said he'd do anything he could, including nominating supreme court justices, to overthrow Roe vs Wade. Can't have it both ways, guys.

His Planned Parenthood closing position also awoke a monster. Women know there is no way they could trust a bunch of old geezers to replace the services PP provided while cutting and gutting programs left and right. Just look what's happening here in Texas. It's a joke. Theclinic  phone numbers given to women that supposedly are taking the place of PP are not even women's clinics, are duplicates, or are hundreds of miles away.

The fact remains: aging white men are a shrinking population for obvious reasons. Latinos are turning 18 at a rate of 600,000 per year. That's 2.4 million added to the numbers for 2016. "Self-deportation" is not going to win over any of them. Voting against the DREAM ACT isn't either, but we all know Jeb Bush can never win the Republican nomination due mainly to his open views on immigration.

Too many doors are closed to tight, and having to tact so far to the right to get nominated, makes every candidate that tacts back to the center after winning the Republican nomination look like a flip-flopper, a liar, or an untrustworthy person. I know, I know, McCain and Romney were "centrists", but if the party really thinks they can win by nominating a true right wing conservative that believe in the whole 2012 Republican platform, they are kidding themselves. There just aren't enough votes to make that happen on a national scale. 

Try reading the Republican platform, and ask yourself if you really believe it opens doors to women, Latinos, Blacks, and working class women.

http://www.gop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2012GOPPlatform.pdf

The Republicans had to hide this during the campaign, back off of many of these positions, and label many of these beliefs as fringe or extremists, when they never tried to change the language in the convention. In fact, Ryan and Romney are just as extreme as Akin, Murdock and others, if not more so. Denying it (Romney) or staying silent (Ryan) didn't fool most voters, and instead, it further promoted the idea that these guys were hiding what they truly believed, and once elected, they'd move hard right in a flash. Right or wrong, that was the obvious expectation of many a voter.

Perhaps the biggest factor in Romney's loss was the "47%" comment. It's hard to wiggle out of that statement. It worsened the impression of Romney's aloofness, elitism, and sense that he just doesn't even know what it's like to be the working poor. I'm not even sure Romney even knows now, that many of those 47% work more than 1 job or are disabled, in the military, or retired (and living off their own money invested in SS not on handouts). 

I also think Romney did not sell the idea that his economic plan was any better than 4 more years of Obama's. Right or wrong, he just wasn't convincing enough. Not giving the specifics just added to the personna of aloofness and secrecy. Itwas painful to watch Ryan have to stiffle himself over and over. The soup kitchen fiasco basically sent Ryan into exhile over the last few weeks of the campaign.

Sandy put the icing on the cake, ended the momentum, and sealed the deal for the Big O. Christie made his push for 2016 moderates and independents, just as he did with his convention speech that was more about him than Mitt. The party is fractured at the national level. But, powerful at the local and state levels that ensures the districts are alligned enough to keep them in the majority of the House for many years to come. At least they have one thing looking good now and into 2014 and beyond.

There will be some serious soul-searching, finger-pointing, and divisiveness going on within the Republican party over the next year or so, but I just can't see them moving to placate the growing demographics without alienating their base and foundations of philosophy.

Interesting days are coming soon,

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

In response to softlaw's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Softy,

While there is some validity to what you articulate; let me point out a few things.

1. I believe in the conservative model, but not the hypocritical gouging one espoused by the Republican party as currently constituted. IMO the great conservative thinkers of the past woyuld be outraged at this self serving interpretation these days. Romney lost largely due to the out of touch and disastrous ideologues at the fringes that he felt compelled to obligate. After he won the nomination; he needed to dash to the center; this could have been done by choosing a more moderate running mate. McCain made the same mistake (but his running mate hurt him for different reasons). It's a good bet that Romney regrets not choosing Rubio or someone similar, As a result, the general populace (and the world for that matter) was not going to buy that hideous platform he was forced to advocate. I believe the GOP shall learn from this & reconsider their message, starting with a moderation of their ideology; until then, they won't win.

2. Obama adopted the stimulus approach because he inherited a disastrous economy from his predecessor, and to this day the populace ( including international) hasn't forgotten it. Why did the economy get that way? The answer is in the item above. The stimulus approach is the one propagated by most of the world's economists. He also worked with many of the culprits; Wall Street bankers, the Auto industry, etc. While the result wasn't as robust as was hoped, it's remarkable it worked as well as it did.

3. If we are such a "collectivist" leaning society, then why is the tax code currently to the right of the Eisenhower era, which was at the height of the red scare? Do you need me to answer that? To get a partial answer, see the next item.

4. The concentration of wealth is getting worse by the day, year & decade. This has been boosted by public policy crafted via the well heeled PACs, lobbyists, morally bereft Wall Streeters, & other agents of the now heavily favored ruling class. Entrepeneurs deserve their rewards, but they shouldn't mind sharing a little with the less fortunate; this would be a symbol of gratitude; however, it's just the opposite; greed / ill gotten gains at all costs seems to be the dominating theme, including the raping of economies abroad. The wealthy bank their tax breaks & cheats, which becomes dead money. History has shown this is always a recipe for disaster (The Roman Empire, the Roaring 20s, etc). The wealthy, who manipulate the system beautifully, want more and more and more, masked by the phony conservatism preached by the right. The wealthy need to pay their fair share; period. If that can't be achieved, we need to at least attempt that they do so. Contrast the uber classes with the disastrous underclass that is growing by the day. Of course the liberal programs have their own fraudulent problems,and Clinton attempted to correct this some, but that's still an excuse.

5. This is the 21st century. Heretic old men with twisted ignorant concepts who ignore science have no business telling young women what to do with their bodies, within reason.

6. The transgressions during the Bush era were far worse than Obama; if he didn't get impeached, (starting with that profiteering sham of a war, Alberto Gonzalez, Valerie Plame, Gitmo, etc), I doubt Obama will

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re:

I'm not even sure Romney even knows now, that many of those 47% work more than 1 job or are disabled, in the military, or retired (and living off their own money invested in SS not on handouts).  from Moonslav's post

And I'm sure that some of the most curmudgeonly griping on this thread about mouchers and entitlements is coming from some of the recipients themselves who are among that same 47%.  This is not to be conflated and confused with the 47% or so purported to be the intractable base of Obama support.  I think of this this Fox-watching and talking-points spouting retired neighbor of mine whose Medicare benefits paid for his outrageously expensive heart procedure and the cyborgian heart support apparatus that keeps him alive and complaining about the entitlement benefits that extend his life.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

While I totally disagree with Obama's political philosophy, I am hoping he will have the sense to reasonably address the problem of our massive debt. Impeachment is a long shot, IMO. If he continues on the same path, we must rely on Congress to counterbalance him.

There is no chance that the current leader of the welfare party will do anything but continue to seek more revenue from taxes and regulatory fees and fines.

Impeachment isn't a long shot. The votes are there if they will simply draw up the articles. It matters not that they don't have the votes to convict him, it's very important to further politically castrate the demagogue.

[/QUOTE]   So, I see where the "BIG O" announced yesterday future travel plans ???  Heck, I heard that Airforce 1 has not had an oil change since he has been in office !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You strike me as the sort of person that was a totally incompetent employee that was once told by a sympathetic but misguided boss that you were "funny" or "good for morale" when in fact neither was true and he/she should have sacked your useless @ss.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

While I totally disagree with Obama's political philosophy, I am hoping he will have the sense to reasonably address the problem of our massive debt. Impeachment is a long shot, IMO. If he continues on the same path, we must rely on Congress to counterbalance him.

There is no chance that the current leader of the welfare party will do anything but continue to seek more revenue from taxes and regulatory fees and fines.

Impeachment isn't a long shot. The votes are there if they will simply draw up the articles. It matters not that they don't have the votes to convict him, it's very important to further politically castrate the demagogue.

[/QUOTE]   So, I see where the "BIG O" announced yesterday future travel plans ???  Heck, I heard that Airforce 1 has not had an oil change since he has been in office !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You strike me as the sort of person that was a totally incompetent employee that was once told by a sympathetic but misguided boss that you were "funny" or "good for morale" when in fact neither was true and he/she should have sacked your useless @ss.

[/QUOTE]You spend toooo much time on this board with your negative attacks...... You must fit in well with the "CHICAGO WAY GANG" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Keep your stupid, ignorant political comments to yourself and off the baseball board and I'll stop pointing out how stupid and ignorant you are.  Prove me wrong, write something even remotely intelligent in your next post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

You spend toooo much time on this board with your negative attacks...... You must fit in well with the "CHICAGO WAY GANG" !!!!!

I just love these guys who are blasting the Big O for going negative on Mitt. Did they even watch how Mitt dispatched his Republican challengers? You think Paul (who never supported Mitt), Perry, Santorum, and Gingrich respect Mitt? Newt used the words few politicians ever utter about their dishonest opponent..."liar".

This whole campaign was negative on both sides- full of lies, coded slurs, and outright attempts to cheat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re:

I too, love how one side cries foul when they commited the same penalty.  It's like Fox News and their "bias alert" talking about how the "liberal media" helped get Obama re-elected yet they dedicated the whole front page of their website to nothing about Obama bashing for the last couple months and LITERALLY put a made up number of the number of people losing jobs in America during the final jobs report....at least the liberal media just choses to report things and not others and put things together to build the narratives they want....that's normal bais journalism...making **** up just brought it to a whole new level. 

Sections
Shortcuts