"We are 5 days away from "TRANSFORMING" the USA back to the USA !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re:

It is a strategy of the conservatives, one Gingrich himself perfected.  Whatever you do that is dishonest and disreputable, claim the other side is doing it.  Say it often enough and loud enough and people will believe it to be true, and let the things you are doing slide, as though you had no choice but to participate in the lies in order not to be overwhelmed by them.  The calculation, and they are right for the most part, is that people will not discern who started the lies, and which are most pernicious.  And with FOX news, the conservatives have a built in LOUDER and OFTEN ENOUGH platform that makes their strategy particularly effective.

What America needs is a revitalization of real news reporting, in an effort to tell the truth.  Instead of just saying that a bill was killed in Congress, report on who and how and why it was killed.  The Republicans used the fillibuster in the Senate to kill bills and appointments in record levels these past two years.  Bills and appointments that America needs and majority of Americans support (Bill and his dad excepted, of course).  Government itself is not broken, it has been taken hostage by a wing of the Republican party whose aim it is to make Government dysfunctional.  Why?  Because they are the party of smaller government...they run on anti-government agendas.  By making the government dysfunctional they increase their chances of getting elected.   Thankfully, at least in Presidential politics, the American people did not fall for it.  But at the Congressional level, with all the gerrymandering of redistricting to favor incumbents, the American people have left the country with a dysfunctional House (and likely Senate, as well). 

We should not have to watch Comedy Central to learn the truth about who is destroying the political process in this country.  It should be the duty of every news reporter on radio and TV to broadcast the facts and educate the public with the truth.  At a minimum that should be their duty as owners of FCC licenses.  And their licenses should be pulled if they continue to give a platform to extremists lies and idiotic polemicists like the Donald.  And we Americans should be demanding it.  Nothing will change unless we use our voices (our pens and computers as well) and pocketbooks and demand it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re:

Do we have time to make these changes in between watching American Idol, Real Housewives, and seeing what Lohan/Bynes/Madonna are up to?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

look Chiill I don't give a FU** who won the popular vote. I am saying the electoral college is wrong! You want to go to the deep south and start the stereo-type hype. I have been there, it is mostly black persons....... not white plantation holders. I have no idea why you would bring up "South" in regards to Romney getting votes.

I assume then the blacks and Hispanics voted for Romney or they sat on their azzes at home and did not vote.... because white people are not a majority in the South.

[/QUOTE]

Did you hear this on FOX news?  Where on earth did you get this from?  Blacks make up less than 15% of our country.  I live in NJ and work in a city with about 45% black children in the public schools. And you would think that it was majority black if you simply drive to Kentucky Fried Chicken.  But the other 55% of children in the public schools are not white, they are Hispanic.  We have, I think, one family of white children attending the school I teach in.  But census data says that 35% of the population is white.  You can never go by what you see, or think you see, in estimating a population. 

Besides, your numbers just don't work.  If the majority of the deep South:  Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, were black it would require that almost no blacks lived up north.  Tell that to LA, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Newark, Philly, St. Louis.  These cities have been a stronghold of African Americans and African American music and culture ever since the late 1800s and the shutting down of the brothels and speakeasies in New Orleans in the early 1900s that led to the great African migration north. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re:

Wrong on two count:

1) Obama is one of only 4 Democratic Presidents to be re-elected in over 100 years.  Not hard to oust a sitting President, especially if the economy is bad.

2) Considering all of the attempst to suppress the vote, from shortening the early vote period, to publishing and distributing inaccuarate information about when voting day was, to closing polls with hundreds of people still waiting in line, ALONG WITH a news channel devoted entirely to convincing the public of the incompetence and illegitimacy of the current President, LONG WITH four years of Republican obstruction of Congress designed to "put Obama out of a job," AND the fact that based (historically) on the sour economy alone the incumbent should have been sent out of office...the fact that over 3 million Americans more voted for Obama, more than half the states, and 67 percent of the electoral college, it is rather a stinging endorsement, if not FOR Obama, at least AGAINST Mitt and Ryan!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re:

The majority of blacks live in the south. Understand that? 54.8% live in the South according to wikipedia.com... If Romney carried the South what does that tell you?

BTW so when Bush won his second term I suppose that was a "ringing endorsement" ?

You clearly are on one side of the isle. As with most Americans you are too stupid to have your own view, you just tow the line.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re:

In response to softlaw's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I totally disagree with Obama's political philosophy, I am hoping he will have the sense to reasonably address the problem of our massive debt. Impeachment is a long shot, IMO. If he continues on the same path, we must rely on Congress to counterbalance him.

There is no chance that the current leader of the welfare party will do anything but continue to seek more revenue from taxes and regulatory fees and fines.

Impeachment isn't a long shot. The votes are there if they will simply draw up the articles. It matters not that they don't have the votes to convict him, it's very important to further politically castrate the demagogue.

[/QUOTE]

I am so burned out on the election that reading about why Romney lost etc. is of no interest.  In short, a guesstimate probably, I do not have the stats, 90% of the blacks, 75% of the Latins, 100% of the Gays( re: same sex marriage), 50% of the women wanting free Abortions and the fact that many of those on welfare enjoy the entitlements & wish to continue to do so are many people with an IQs of 80-90% so they and one with an IQ of 120+ still have their vote counted as one !!! This was just too much to overcome. And when Virginia was so close & not Romney' s about 5-6pm our time, I was really worried. Wash DC with about 50% black but with so many politicians living there voted I think 95% to 5% & the problem with Virginia, I know as I used to go on liberty from Quantico to the north to the border with DC & numerous high rises with politicians & their secretaries lived here & Virginia was like the rest of the country, area wise probably 75% Red but the 25% Blue was heavily populated( these figures are off the top of my head). These people are not going to vote for smaller government. There really is no need for me to vote conservatively in California except for propositions as the last time a conservative won the state was 1988 and it was George Bush Sr.

I was not in love with Romney as I never thought he was the 2nd coming of Ronald Reagan but felt he is  a nice God fearing family man who had traditional values. Illegal aliens drawing too much welfare money from taxpayers & commiting majority of crimes, same sex marriages, ugh !!!, and women having abortions as he believed in Pro-Life as the Catholic Church but he did feel a girl raped could get an abortion.  He had to reach out to get the young vote, the Latins & Blacks because their pro-creation rates are increasing and the former continue to come across our borders. I agree with Romney on all these social issues but this old guy is not running for office !!!

What I really felt was Romney's  business achievements could better help us reduce employment & better the economy providing increased revenues so that the tax revenues to the government would increase & the deficit would decrease.

If Obama is smart...I  dunno ??? But maybe his advisors can advise.  On a bi-partisan path, reach out to both Romney & Ryan & humbly perhaps tell them that he respects their business acumen & put them in charge of a committee solely based on improving the economy.

But, hopefully the Bengahzi issue is resurrected but I suspect Obama & cronies can keep a lid on it as the media will drop it and Fox just does not have enough clout.  I'd love to learn that blatant lies & dereliction of responsibles caused no military action on their parts so that this guy whom many feels walks on water can be impeached !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re:

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't heard the popular vote results but 303 to 203 is a pretty good testimonial that the Repubs and Dems better start working together and find a way to get us out of the recession that's looming in 2013. Start talking and stop thinking about the next election.

If they don't settle their differences---who knows what will happen? Could the TV show,"Revolution", actually occur in the US and possibly the world?

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!  Just remember that this is the plan and defeat them in 2016 as well.  Until they are willing to govern again, they deserve 0 votes for ANY office.

I don't look for them to start working together at all.  Instead it's going to be more of the same.  The same discussions followed by the same filibusters. 

My prediction is that the Republicans will immediately start campaining for 2016 by making sure nothing gets accomplished by this Democratic administration.  Then the R's can say in 2016, "Look how little the Democrats have done in eight years."

As for me I'd rather have "nothing" done than have to face what Romney wanted to do.  Sometimes less is more. 

[/QUOTE]

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re:

Didn't the malcontents on the Left initially blame Benghazi on a anti-Muslim film by an evil Right-Wing Nazi? ROFL!

Those sweet little Middle Easterners running around Cairo, Tunis, and Tripoli all last year were dubbed  "Arab Springers" by Anderson Cooper because they had I-Phones, Facebook and Twitter Accounts, and held hands. That was until they got power.... then they groped woman, beheaded persons the disagreed with, and shut down freedom all around.

The Left has its head up its azz.

I dislike Hannity as much as Maddow, I dislike Limbough as much as Olberman. Can you see anything other than your side?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Didn't the malcontents on the Left initially blame Benghazi on a anti-Muslim film by an evil Right-Wing Nazi? ROFL!

Those sweet little Middle Eaterners running around Cairo, Tunis, and Tripoli all last year were dubbed  "Arab Springers" by Anderson Cooper because they had I-Phones, Facebook and Twitter Accounts, and hands. That was until they got power.... then they groped woman, beheaded persons the disagreed with, and shut down freedom.

The Left has its head up its azz.

[/QUOTE]

another story that had false narratives made up by FoxNews...like how they send emails asking for more security...only they failed to mention it was a week earlier and in Tripoli.  They also didn't show everyone protesting the ambassador being killed and holding up signs saying "he was our friend"

The right has it's head up it's Azz 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I totally disagree with Obama's political philosophy, I am hoping he will have the sense to reasonably address the problem of our massive debt. Impeachment is a long shot, IMO. If he continues on the same path, we must rely on Congress to counterbalance him.

There is no chance that the current leader of the welfare party will do anything but continue to seek more revenue from taxes and regulatory fees and fines.

Impeachment isn't a long shot. The votes are there if they will simply draw up the articles. It matters not that they don't have the votes to convict him, it's very important to further politically castrate the demagogue.

[/QUOTE]   So, I see where the "BIG O" announced yesterday future travel plans ???  Heck, I heard that Airforce 1 has not had an oil change since he has been in office !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You strike me as the sort of person that was a totally incompetent employee that was once told by a sympathetic but misguided boss that you were "funny" or "good for morale" when in fact neither was true and he/she should have sacked your useless @ss.

[/QUOTE]You spend toooo much time on this board with your negative attacks...... You must fit in well with the "CHICAGO WAY GANG" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You mean calling posters soc/rad/lib/moonbats etc repeatedly isn't a negative attack? Alot of substance there too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re:

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   So, I see where the "BIG O" announced yesterday future travel plans ???  Heck, I heard that Airforce 1 has not had an oil change since he has been in office !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You strike me as the sort of person that was a totally incompetent employee that was once told by a sympathetic but misguided boss that you were "funny" or "good for morale" when in fact neither was true and he/she should have sacked your useless @ss.

[/QUOTE]You spend toooo much time on this board with your negative attacks...... You must fit in well with the "CHICAGO WAY GANG" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You mean calling posters soc/rad/lib/moonbats etc repeatedly isn't a negative attack? Alot of substance there too.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, many of you will agree it is time for some levity. Remember, irrespective of our political affiliations, WE ARE ALL AMERICANS !!!

I do live in California but I am not the author and am a minority conservative in this state.

Sorry for the short diary folks, but I had to call this out. I grew up in rural red state, voted for Bush Sr., then Clinton twice, then Nader, learned my lesson and am Team Blue now, but let me say, I know these "red state" folks, I grew up with them. They are my mom, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, and old childhood friends. They are people, and they can be won over, but the reason we are not is this letter (with my response after the fold):

"Dear Red States,

We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics and we have decided we're leaving.

We in California intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware that includes New York, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of
    the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of The Enlightened States of America
    (E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas , Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America 's venture capital and entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama .

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite , thank you.

38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

We're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,

A Citizen of the Enlightened States of America

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

The largest middle class in world history didn't result from collectivist policies.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if you don't consider unions and big government business blockers like like mandated wage standards collectivist, then, you are correct.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Perhaps the biggest factor in Romney's loss was the "47%" comment

This is an example of the infantile mentality of economic and federal group defined identity class politics. The reason the leader of the modern American hegemony won the national election was because his handlers were easily able to intensify the pride and prejudice of gender, race, ethnicity and economic class identity. To engage in an intellectual and factual narrative about effective governing concepts and the fiscal state of the Union, even if ideal, is beyond the cultural capacity of the current national electorate. That their votes can be so easily captured by pandering entitlements and appealing to class identity pride and prejudice, such is the history of ignorant fools and the rise and fall of nations.

To compete against group identity and pandering entitlements politics, believers in personal liberty have reason for optimism. It only takes a small percentage of the American children to reject maternal collectivist central government. And to that end, it is essential that the messages of liberty not be poisoned in the sewer of identity politics. To "reach out" to The People based on class identity is both intellectually dishonest and the signature of tyrants. It is a contemporary euphemism for collectivist entitlement pandering. That this last national election was won by demagogues who continue to seize the "numbers in people subjects" opportunity to appeal to the pride and prejudices of gender, race, ethnicity, this is a narrative that patriots must reject and disengage from!

The battle to to unite The People and save We, from self destruction, must be waged with a louder cry and demand for:

Love and Respect for Human Life and Individual Responsiblity!

Opportunity, not entitlement!

Liberty!

This message is divine, and must be articulated and delivered by messengers who have the genius, the authenticity in woks and deeds, to be able to convert a small percentage of the people who are currently small-minded children of the demagogues' artifically defined identity political classes.

And to that end, believers in liberty, while in the public discourse, must not allow themselves to be intimidated by the purveyors of the artifice of class identity politics! Do not use identity politics and entitlements to "reach out" and appeal to or insult the misguided intelligent members of the electorate. Do not appeal to their worst emotions of pride and prejudice, educate them and provide contemporary examples of the virtues of the founding fathers' ideals of Life, Liberty and Opportunity!

And why would good men and women want to seek power using class identity poltiics. Opportunity cannot exist without failure, and it is this aspect of liberty that requires the genius of the public face messengers who will be able to confince a small percentage of good men and women who will save life, liberty and opportunity from the cancerous collectivst welfare State.

As for the feeble minded fools who cling to identity politics, do not waste anytime with American subjects that, in most cases, unwittingly, form the power source for demagogues.   

[/QUOTE]

Complete drivel from start to finish.

No clue whatsoever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re:

Softy and Billy Boy, our 2 resident old, ranting, out of touch white guys are also our 2 most vocal Obama bashers. 

A perfect microcosm of the current GOP base.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

The majority of blacks live in the south. Understand that? 54.8% live in the South according to wikipedia.com... If Romney carried the South what does that tell you?

BTW so when Bush won his second term I suppose that was a "ringing endorsement" ?

You clearly are on one side of the isle. As with most Americans you are too stupid to have your own view, you just tow the line.

[/QUOTE]

He may be on one side of isle, but he's there with reason and facts.  You pull out facts that don't connect to the point you're trying to make.  For  in-your-face proof, here is how you introduced the topic:

look Chiill I don't give a FU** who won the popular vote. I am saying the electoral college is wrong! You want to go to the deep south and start the stereo-type hype. I have been there, it is mostly black persons....... not white plantation holders. I have no idea why you would bring up "South" in regards to Romney getting votes.

I assume then the blacks and Hispanics voted for Romney or they sat on their azzes at home and did not vote.... because white people are not a majority in the South.

Ya see, there are your words right on the page, "White people are not a majority in the South."  That's very different than stating that a majority of black people (in the US) live in the South.  By showing that you can't seem to discern the difference, you're undermining any point you make.  It's transparent stupidity out there for everybody to see.  You're so stupid that you don't have any idea of how stupid you are.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

out of touch white guys

And such are the words of the "perfect microcosm" of the demagogues' current "base". 

[/QUOTE]

Right.  But incessently referring to people who don't agree with your antiquated ideals as 'demagogues' is the height of tolerance.

You exemplify the far right's uncanny ability to alienate itself from reality and therefore the majority.  Women's reproductive rights and 47 percent comments matter to people whether you like it or not. 

25. This post has been removed.