We have a winner...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

We have a winner...

Most Ignorant Post of the Year Award goes to.......

Lawboy...Congrats!

Taliban suppress women much like republicans
    Taliban hate the arts much like republicans
    Taliban hate education much like republicans
    Taliban hate ethnic mixing much like republicans
    Taliban hate gays much like republicans
    Taliban hate free speech and opinion much like republicans

It's a wonder he makes it through the day without killing himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: We have a winner...

In Response to We have a winner...:
    [QUOTE]Most Ignorant Post of the Year Award goes to....... Lawboy...Congrats! Taliban suppress women much like republicans Taliban hate the arts much like republicans Taliban hate education much like republicans Taliban hate ethnic mixing much like republicans Taliban hate gays much like republicans Taliban hate free speech and opinion much like republicans It's a wonder he makes it through the day without killing himself.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

One problem its you that has won the prize. Many things in that list ARE TRUE is it lawboy's fault you cant grasp what your party does. Dont hang up kid.

Lets take just the top one in the list.

Taliban suppress women much like republicans

Its a known fact when the democrats went after equal pay for equal work the right wing old guys had a hissy fit and fought against it. It wasnt until Obama was in office that a law was past in support of women getting equal pay for doing the same job . Cant recall the name of the law passed off hand but it was just last year i believe. And then we have the issue of abortion. Where republican have for decades have fought to interfere with the woman and her choices in medical treatment legal medical treatment by the way. 

Republicans do in many ways embrace what the religious Taliban does just not to the same extreme so lawboy is correct. Just because the right doesnt hit the same extreme level the Taliban does , doesnt mean they dont do as stated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

And the runner up is.....

beKool!!!

One problem its you that has won the prize. Many things in that list ARE TRUE is it lawboy's fault you cant grasp what your party does. Dont hang up kid.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Taliban hates America much like Democrats.

see...I can do it too.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to We have a winner...:
    [QUOTE]Most Ignorant Post of the Year Award goes to.......[/QUOTE]

I'd amend that to say "The most ignorant post by someone that isn't a complete troll." BeClowned, 12-Monkeys, AlleyCatSpew, and a couple of others reach that level of ignorance daily.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I'd amend that to say "The most ignorant post by someone that isn't a complete troll." BeClowned, 12-Monkeys, AlleyCatSpew, and a couple of others reach that level of ignorance daily.

Good point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

The taliban blew up ancient idols, the republicans defund the arts.
    The taliban refuse to educated their children especially girls, the republicans defund education.
    The taliban do not allow any foreigners into their territory and certainly they don't allow mixed marriage, republicans both Fed and state have passed or are trying to pass laws outlawing mixed marriage. 
    The taliban doesn't allow homosexuality, republicans are noted gay bashers and tried to block the repeal of DADT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Lawboy - you really shouldn't be drinking this heavily in the morning. I mean I get it that it's noon somewhere in the world but come on....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

That's your argument? don't drink in the morning. Refute what I posted..... The Muslims have the right to build a mosque anywhere they want....this is a free country with the right to worship any way you'd like. There are Christian churches in both Nagasaki and Hiroshima...the horror!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Geesh.. not much of an acceptance speech.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

That's your argument? don't drink in the morning. Refute what I posted.....

Your post is extremist and you know it. You don't want a reasonable debate. You want to throw bombs with lies and over-exaggerations. But you know this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

really Pink?... extremist

Republicans vote against DADT repeal at their own peril

Posted by Garrett Quinn, Less is More December 16, 2010 12:01 PM

With Senator Scott Brown saying he will vote to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell" if it comes up for a stand alone vote in the Senate he recovers, slightly, from his initial vote against it but will his Republican colleagues follow? With Brown saying he will vote for it if it comes up Senate Republicans no longer appear to have the votes for a filibuster but it still has to come up for a vote in the Senate and time is a wastin'. In recent days Republicans have shownlittle interest in taking it up again as they are focusing more on the controversial omnibus spending bill.

Recent polling indicates that an overwhelming majority of Americans support the repeal of DADT and the Pentagon has officially stated that repealing the legislation would have minimal impact on military operations. A majority of active duty military personnel have said that repealing the bill would not have a negative impact. Even the most stringent opponent of this could point to Department of Defense and say "I listened to the generals" as their cover. Many won't because they're probably scared of the social conservative lobby.

Long term trends point towards a more accepting view of gays not just in the military but in everyday life and the Republicans should recognize these changes. In the long and short term Republicans are foolish to continue opposing the repeal of this law. It is an outdated relic of some long forgotten moral code where being openly gay was something to be ashamed of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Hill Republicans join fight against D.C. gay marriage

Washington Post Staff Writer 
    Thursday, January 7, 2010

Republican congressional leaders have joined local activists in a court fight to allow voters to decide whether same-sex marriage should be legal in the District, underscoring the continued uncertainty surrounding the issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

And THAT makes Republicans JUST like Taliban?

You do realize Obama is against gay marriage right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

GOP Threatens to De-Fund Smithsonian Over LGBT Art Exhibit

The 1980s culture wars are back. Incoming House Speaker John Boehner and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor have called on the Smithsonian to dismantle a groundbreaking art exhibit focused on same-sex attraction, threatening to de-fund the federally-sponsored institution if it does not do so.

The exhibit, “Hide/Seek: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture,” at the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery is "the first major museum exhibition" focused on gender and sexual identity in American culture, celebrating "gay and lesbian art and delineat[ing] its place in the history of American painting and photography."

For soon-to-be reigning House Republicans, the thought of exploring gay sexuality in a museum settling is apparently an outrage, and they wasted no time lobbing absurd and baseless threats at the institution. Cantor called it an "outrageous use of taxpayer money and an obvious attempt to offend Christians during the Christmas season," while Boehner said "Smithsonian officials should either acknowledge the mistake and correct it, or be prepared to face tough scrutiny beginning in January when the new majority in the House moves to end the job-killing spending spree in Washington."

Although federal funds are only used at the Smithsonian to support buildings, staff, and the care of artworks (i.e., taxpayer dollars did not pay for the exhibit in question), Smithsonian leaders were rattled enough by the right-wing backlash that they agreed to take down one controversial piece, a four-minute video by David Wojnarowicz, who died from AIDS in 1992, that includes 11 seconds of a crucifix with ants crawling on it.

Blake Gopnik of the WashingtonPost.com, who wrote a compelling review of "Hide/Seek" when it opened in early November, notes:

This fuss is about the larger topic of the show: Gay love, and images of it. The headline that ran on [the Post's] coverage of the matter on the right-wing Web site CNSnews.com mentioned the crucifix—but as only one item in a list of the exhibition’s ‘shockers’ that included ‘naked brothers kissing, genitalia and Ellen DeGeneres grabbing her breast.’ (Through a bra, one might note, in an image that’s less shocking than many moves by Lady Gaga.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Bwahahahaha...."threatens"...I thought you said they defunded the arts???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

They the republicans are of the same mind as the Taliban.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Lawboy
    They the republicans are of the same mind as the Taliban.

Oh clearly. You really proved it with the cut and paste job you did. Well done...bwahahahahahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

I'm a member of the wood burning elite

Your view on things here are just laughable. I think your brain is made of wood and far from elite!

Wait, wait....here come the fat jokes back at me because my avatar is Newman.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Looks like pinky and her brains have all won the prize just by the reactions they posted. Like i said just because republicans of the wing nut kind dont go to the extremes as the Taliban doesnt mean they dont do the same things.  

What has them mad is the word Taliban not the words in between because they do promote such policies that the Taliban employs .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Not one denial LOL!

Taliban tortures people much like the republicans.