We Know Who The Real Phony Is....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

We Know Who The Real Phony Is....

Barack Obama and Jay Carney are desperately trying to change the narrative. Over the last few days, we've seen this phrase repeated over and over again: “Phony scandals.”

But I find this idea of these scandals being “phony” to be insulting. It is especially insulting to the victims and those effected by these scandals. Would Barack Obama like to explain the “phoniness” to the friends and family of the four brave men who lost their lives in Benghazi or those who remain in the hospital? Or how about the Tea Party groups that are still waiting to achieve their tax exempt status … what's so “phony” about their predicament? Or the on goings with the NSA.

What Obama, Jay Carney and many Democrats fail to understand is that these scandals DO matter to a lot of people. But even to those people who are not directly effected by these scandals, they matter as well. Why? Well Obama would now like us to focus on the economy. But how can we take Obama seriously on any issue, including the economy, if he lacks credibility? That's the key, and that's what Obama and his yes-men don't want to admit. The polling numbers reflect the fact that the American people have lost confidence in Barack Obama. He no longer carries as much credibility with people because of these scandals. Only a liberal trying to spin the facts will try to convince you that these scandals were manufactured. They were not. These are real issues effecting real people and ultimately reflecting poorly on the man in charge (Obama). The credibility factor is why we cannot ignore these scandals and simply “re-focus” on other issues like the economy.

None of us from any side of the political spectrum excepted these scandals, but to simply ignore them does a disservice to many. Getting to the bottom of these scandals is not something that is being pushed because of a partisan ideology but because the American people deserve it. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the American people need it in order to restore faith and trust in our institutions and leaders in Washington.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: We Know Who The Real Phony Is....

Obama called on Republicans to drop the "endless parade of distractions" during a speech at Knox College.

"With an endless parade of distractions, political posturing and phony scandals, Washington has taken its eye off the ball," he said. "And I am here to say this needs to stop. Short-term thinking and stale debates are not what this moment requires."

His words not mine.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

In response to newman09's comment:

Barack Obama and Jay Carney are desperately trying to change the narrative. Over the last few days, we've seen this phrase repeated over and over again: “Phony scandals.”

restore faith and trust in our institutions and leaders in Washington.

An't gonna happen any time soon.

I have more faith in a NY street vendor.

We need to start over.

Simple tax = less control  and more money for the GITM

But but what will happen to the legions of gimmees.

Control comes through dependence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Obama called on Republicans to drop the "endless parade of distractions" during a speech at Knox College.

"With an endless parade of distractions, political posturing and phony scandals, Washington has taken its eye off the ball," he said. "And I am here to say this needs to stop. Short-term thinking and stale debates are not what this moment requires."

His words not mine.

They are an endless parade of distractions.

The only thing that appeared to have the slightest bit of meat on it was that Obama met with an I.R.S. top person two days before a cincinatti office changed its targeting criteria.

Even that isn't conclusive of anything. At most, suspicious.

Nothing else came close.

Say, what did you think of "Bush lied, People died"?

And there it is, the classic liberal comeback when cornered. Bring up Bush. If you want to play revisionist history let's keep going. What did you think when Clinton lied to Congress? Ya see, it gets kind of boring after a while.

Let's focus on the topic, stay with me here. 2013  has been quiet the scandeless year for the current administration. Now our President wants' to dismiss them as phony/trumped up. If he keeps saying it, the mainstream media will start to report it, and those that don't pay attention to politics will start to believe to be true. Very smart, also very dishonest to the American people coming from our President  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Let's focus on the topic, stay with me here. 2013  has been quiet the scandeless year for the current administration. Now our President wants' to dismiss them as phony/trumped up. If he keeps saying it, the mainstream media will start to report it, and those that don't pay attention to politics will start to believe to be true. Very smart, also very dishonest to the American people coming from our President  

You seem to be missing the fact that some, if not most, of these 'scandals' are media-driven, which means that the media - both right and left - are trying to push the narrative in either direction.  This happens all the time, but little of it is very relevant to the matter of public policy...

...the point the preisdent was trying to make, i.e., Congress is letting the media drive the narrative instead of doing their jobs to get the media and people focused on issues that really matter.

In truth, many of these so-called 'scandals' matter only to political junkies and the DC lapdog media.  Most americans aren't that political and thus really don't care that much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

You seem to be missing the fact that some, if not most, of these 'scandals' are media-driven, which means that the media - both right and left - are trying to push the narrative in either direction.  This happens all the time, but little of it is very relevant to the matter of public policy...

...the point the preisdent was trying to make, i.e., Congress is letting the media drive the narrative instead of doing their jobs to get the media and people focused on issues that really matter.

In truth, many of these so-called 'scandals' matter only to political junkies and the DC lapdog media.  Most americans aren't that political and thus really don't care that much.

Your opinion Matty. And it does matter, sorry you can'y see that, these aren't made to be scandals cultivated by the media. Sounds like you would have thought the same about Watergate, ahh it's just two reporters trying to make a name for themselves. Pathetic reply Matty!   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Your opinion Matty. And it does matter, sorry you can'y see that, these aren't made to be scandals cultivated by the media. Sounds like you would have thought the same about Watergate, ahh it's just two reporters trying to make a name for themselves. Pathetic reply Matty!   

Pay attention.  I didn't say that the issues don't matter.  They do (some more than others)...just not to most people.  

It's easier to project one's political enthusiasm onto the rest of the population without actually looking at the numbers.  The 'scandals' you mentioned just aren't on most peoples' front burners.  Sorry to disappoint you, but it's true.

What's your complaint, exactly?  That the media is ignoring the issue YOU want covered vs. something else?  Blame the media then.

That you have to go back 40 years to Watergate to try and make your case is telling.  Compared to Watergate, Benghazi is a movie of the week, at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Pay attention.  I didn't say that the issues don't matter.  They do (some more than others)...just not to most people.  

It's easier to project one's political enthusiasm onto the rest of the population without actually looking at the numbers.  The 'scandals' you mentioned just aren't on most peoples' front burners.  Sorry to disappoint you, but it's true.

What's your complaint, exactly?  That the media is ignoring the issue YOU want covered vs. something else?  Blame the media then.

That you have to go back 40 years to Watergate to try and make your case is telling.  Compared to Watergate, Benghazi is a movie of the week, at best.

Right, I remember all the lost lives at Watergate. Movie of the week, tell that to the families that lost their loved ones. And, I think they are more on the front burner for people than you think. The libs don't like to talk about anything going wrong with their president. It's pretty obvious. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

If I were a Democrat President and I knew that, despite having released a short form, 20+% of Republicans still thought I was lying about being a U.S. citizen and another 40% "weren't sure".....

And, you'd make damn sure that their mutant college aged spawn would be banned from your campus speeches. For the safety of the POTUS!

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Bring up Bush.

Watergate

Um?

It was a comparison to todays scandals, I'm not trying to extract an answer to a question that you demand in order to continue with the topic.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Still nothing but the tired trope of: "It's a scandal because I say so."

Just more p00p throwing by the wingnuts.

Remember that Fast/Furious 'scandal' baloney?

Probably not because there was no "there, there"

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) contradicted House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Sunday, saying that Congress has found no evidence that President Barack Obama or anyone at the White House had participated in a cover-up involving the Fast and Furious scandal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/24/darrell-issa-john-boehner-fast-and-furious_n_1622141.html

There is no evidence that White House officials were involved in withholding information related to a congressional inquiry into the botched gun-trafficking operation known as Operation “Fast and Furious,” the Republican lawmaker leading the investigation said Sunday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/darrell-issa-no-evidence-white-house-involved-in-fast-and-furious/2012/06/24/gJQAhs1kzV_blog.html

Not talking about F&F.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Not talking about F&F.

You, yourself, brought up Watergate.

Everyone can point to specifics as to why Watergate was a scandal.

Five people were arrested which perpetuated the scandal, others went to jail after the investigation.

So we are asking to prove how these latest scandals measure up to your own example of a scandal; Watergate.

Where is your evidence?

THe IRS admitted and apologized back in May for targeting the 9/12 Project conservative groups. No proof needed, they admitted it. Look it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

That was just as phony as the dishonest birth certificate smear.

If I were a Democrat President and I knew that, despite having released a short form, 20+% of Republicans still thought I was lying about being a U.S. citizen and another 40% "weren't sure".........you can bet your backside I wouldn't take other things come from them seriously. 

Republcians shouldn't be shocked that after pushing so many lies (phony scandal mongering)l, actual possible scandals don't get full attention.  

[QUOTE]

wow, so now too many scandals have been raised so, obama or the IRS or anything that leans left can no longer be scrutinized for wrong doing.

Even if, they admit wrong doing and the story changes multiple times.

How responsible of you.

<sigh>

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Say, what did you think of "Bush lied, People died"?

That people didnt know the real meaning of the word "lie" and were ignorant in using it in that manner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

C'mon, ya gotta do better than that to be taken seriously

Targeting statistics from files produced by the IRS through July 29, 2013.

Fair looking stats...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Right, I remember all the lost lives at Watergate. Movie of the week, tell that to the families that lost their loved ones. And, I think they are more on the front burner for people than you think. The libs don't like to talk about anything going wrong with their president. It's pretty obvious. 

You brought up Watergate, not me.  The comparison is laughable.

The polls simply don't support your assertion.  The people don't care as much as you think they do.

If you want to be the water carrier for the conservative media, then be my guest, but most people clearly can't be bothered.

Also obvious is your and others' obsession with trying to pin everything under the sun on Obama through scurrilous, personal attacks.

The fallacies are inherent in your argument.  That you can't see them isn't the fault of 'libruls'.

Sections
Shortcuts