Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2012/04/timothy-cahill-indicted-charges-using-official-funds-for-campaign-boosting-ads/q4NwIFuS5trzQ1AHRj5P7K/index.html?p1=News_links

Poor Tim Cahill, from Tim for Treasurer to Tim to the Pen.  What is it with Mass Dems and corruption?  Is it that they believe they are untouchable because its such a closed club in Mass?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges

In Response to Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges:
    http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2012/04/timothy-cahill-indicted-charges-using-official-funds-for-campaign-boosting-ads/q4NwIFuS5trzQ1AHRj5P7K/index.html?p1=News_links Poor Tim Cahill, from Tim for Treasurer to Tim to the Pen.  What is it with Mass Dems and corruption?  Is it that they believe they are untouchable because its such a closed club in Mass?
    Posted by massmoderateJoe

This is just a shot across the bow of any others who may want to challenge the party elders. He ran as an indy and they didn't like that. Better to run and lose like Marsha did.
    I find this funny to the point of absurdity. Galvin runs 100 ads around election time all with him talking. Cahill did the same thing and he is indicted. One party state!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"The television and radio ads touted the state Lottery, which he controls, as a well-run operation that returns billions of dollars to cities and towns.

State law prohibits public officials from using their position or public resources to advance their political careers if it is done with “fraudulent intent.’’

Is what Cahill did any different than the incredibly obnoxious TV ads I saw in Mass.  of Joe Kennedy touting himself, "Joe for Oil", based on public funds used for "Citizens Energy Corp." ?? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In related news...

Cahill may also be subpoenaed in a lawsuit brought by former republican gubernatorial nominee Charlie Baker, for "...being a d**k and messing up my chance at the corner office..."

Damages have not yet been specified, however some sources close to the negotiations have indicated that a "swift kick in the n**s" might be part of a settlement.

</sarc off />

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Finally, Marsha Coakley manages to indict someone before the FBI does.  Must have been a mistake, or something.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfaulk. Show ccfaulk's posts

Good riddance, if he dropped out of the race when he was polling at 9% while baker was at 25% we would have a real governor and not this clone of Obama. The problem I have with it is this will cost us millions to prosecute.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges:
    Good riddance, if he dropped out of the race when he was polling at 9% while baker was at 25% we would have a real governor and not this clone of Obama. The problem I have with it is this will cost us millions to prosecute.
    Posted by ccfaulk

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Is there really a more pitiable bunch than the Mass GOP...??

Couldn't we get them some t-shirts or something?  Cheer them up..?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges:
    In Response to Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges : This is just a shot across the bow of any others who may want to challenge the party elders. He ran as an indy and they didn't like that. Better to run and lose like Marsha did. I find this funny to the point of absurdity. Galvin runs 100 ads around election time all with him talking. Cahill did the same thing and he is indicted. One party state!
    Posted by brat13

Maybe that explains it.  It actually has me scratching my head.  (Though a bill handed up by a grand jury certainly makes it real.)  And even if I hadn't seen this post, I was about to point up the scores of ads we see by Mr. Galvin himself.  I honestly wonder if the trip wire is running for higher office.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges : Woulda, coulda, shoulda... Is there really a more pitiable bunch than the Mass GOP...?? Couldn't we get them some t-shirts or something?  Cheer them up..?
    Posted by MattyScornD

Yet Democrats in the state have blamed all our ills on "16 years of Republican Governors"! ROTFLMAO!!! This is just too funny! Are they all powerful or inept? I know they are the latter. You seem to change with the wind!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges : Maybe that explains it.  It actually has me scratching my head.  (Though a bill handed up by a grand jury certainly makes it real.)  And even if I hadn't seen this post, I was about to point up the scores of ads we see by Mr. Galvin himself.  I honestly wonder if the trip wire is running for higher office.
    Posted by Firewind

If I were Cahill's lawyer or Cahill, I will declare all in on Marsha and request a subpoena on all 4 major Boston channels add runs for the last 5 state wide election cycles. I would then ask for subpoena's on their ad runs for a non election year Oct. I believe Marsha would have to either indict DiNucci (who knew he was Auditor except Octobers before elections), All Cahill's predecessors at the Lottery, Galvin and probably herself. Or slink away into the abyss once and for all. It would become a circus with Marsha the Queen clown with the bucket of dung on her head.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges : I think it would be a much bigger mistake for the FBI to "indict" someone.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Speling police out on patrol again. 
    Keep up the good work, and be safe out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Martha Coakley intends to seek third term

WOW! Never saw that coming!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Well we have another Indicted Mass Dem on Corruption Charges : Yet Democrats in the state have blamed all our ills on "16 years of Republican Governors"! ROTFLMAO!!! This is just too funny! Are they all powerful or inept? I know they are the latter. You seem to change with the wind!
    Posted by brat13

That's their problem.  If former Repub governors want to run away from their successes, the dems will be more than happy to oblige.  But simply being in power doesn't make them 'all-powerful' either, in spite of the state's recent stability during the recession.

Given such flaccidity from the Mass GOP, they obviously think they can get away with it.  And they do.  Frequently.  Thus, the opposing minority becomes the enablers.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Martha Coakley intends to seek third term   WOW! Never saw that coming!
    Posted by brat13

Wrong first name.  It is Marsha.  Obama said so.  Or was it Kennedy?  It is hard to tell them apart, they are both such great orators.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts