Well, well.....well.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Well, well.....well.....

This may answer some questions, or add more and create many conspiracy theories. I'm unsure if this is for the Sox forum only or all the forums.

I would like to volunteer my services as a moderator for this forum if one has not been chosen yet :-) 

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/issues-for-bdc/100/6719145?ia=25240245

Re: Issues for BDC

posted at 4/8/2014 6:27 PM EDT

• BDCDottie
    • First: 5/29/2008
    • Last: 4/8/2014

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

Let the conspiracies and paranoia begin.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: Well, well.....well.....

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may answer some questions, or add more and create many conspiracy theories. I'm unsure if this is for the Sox forum only or all the forums.

I would like to volunteer my services as a moderator for this forum if one has not been chosen yet :-) 

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/issues-for-bdc/100/6719145?ia=25240245

posted at 4/8/2014 6:27 PM EDT

• BDCDottie
    • Last: 4/8/2014

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

Let the conspiracies and paranoia begin.......

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.

[/QUOTE]

Could you imagine what would happen in this forum if certain people were handed the controls?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

i think it is bull.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

posted at 4/9/2014 2:03 PM EDT

• BDCDottie
    • Last: 4/9/2014

Nah - these in-house moderators are handling only the Red Sox forum. We can see who blocks what and when, and if we saw either of them in another Forum, we would revoke their moderation privileges immediately.

The Politics forum is a whole other kettle of fish. I'll send a note to the outside moderators asking them to be more judicious in their handling of abuse reports from that forum.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/issues-for-bdc/100/6719145?page=20

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I promise to use my new powers for good, not evil.

And anybody who says otherwise will feel my wrath.

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

This is how most message boards function with some moderation duties performed by the community members.  I am sure the mods selected are very active posters and likely not individuals who post in the politics forum, which doesn't seem to have much heavy traffic.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I promise to use my new powers for good, not evil.

Yeah, that's what Google said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

well well well this is really going to get our resident hall monitor going. she'll really be acting like she owns the joint now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well well well this is really going to get our resident hall monitor going. she'll really be acting like she owns the joint now.

[/QUOTE]

everyone will leave.  she will be getting "attacked" by herself and arguing with herself crying out for her boston.com imaginary "friends".

i advised you before, nytimes, boston herald, and chic tribune all have good posting forums with no poster-moderator bullspit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to babytut's comment:

[QUOTE]

everyone will leave.  she will be getting "attacked" by herself and arguing with herself crying out for her boston.com imaginary "friends".

i advised you before, nytimes, boston herald, and chic tribune all have good posting forums with no poster-moderator bullspit.

[/QUOTE]

I've been a regular at the Herald for years. like the system now cause you can use it on many sites and keep track of your comments. Looks like she's already driven a lot of older users away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to babytut's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been a regular at the Herald for years. like the system now cause you can use it on many sites and keep track of your comments. Looks like she's already driven a lot of older users away.

[/QUOTE]

i don't know. i am new. i can tell you that since i have been here i have never seen anything like it. in the other national forums she would not be banned or removed. they don't work that way.  she would simply be ignored or ridiculed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is how most message boards function with some moderation duties performed by the community members.  I am sure the mods selected are very active posters and likely not individuals who post in the politics forum, which doesn't seem to have much heavy traffic.  

Damian,

She said long time posters here.

I itook that to mean here, in the political forum.

[/QUOTE]

It was originally posted in the Sox forum andie..... if you look I added the link to the Sox forum.

Dottie was refering to long time posters in the Sox forum....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Damian,

[/QUOTE]

It was originally posted in the Sox forum andie..... if you look I added the link to the Sox forum.

[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that. 

How is that going over in the Sox forum?

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell ......

I have offered my services to moderate this forum...

Elections will be held this evening....I am considering a running mate, so let me know if annyone is interested. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Damian,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that.  It seems a few other posters here missed that as well given what they posted.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it went  over anyone  elses head, I think they were mostly following my "let the conspiracy theories begin" tag line.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Damian,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that.  It seems a few other posters here missed that as well given what they posted.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it went  over anyone  elses head, I think they were mostly following my "let the conspiracy theories begin" tag line.

[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal. We can agree to disagree.

Noticed that BDCDottie sent a note to the moderators of this forum to be more judicious etc.

Wonder if that will do any good.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will do any good, she has mentioned doing this before and it remained the same old same old.....

Dottie has been a bit more active, she has left a few other notes on various forums. Sounds like they are still working on the relaunch of boston. com.