What about Edwin Alemany's first Victim?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

What about Edwin Alemany's first Victim?

The vicious murder of Amy Lord was nothing short of tragic and shocking. A beautiful young woman..with a sunny smile and a promising future  kidnapped, robbed and murdered while getting ready to go to the gym.

Should this tragedy have ever even happened? That is the question being asked by law enforcement and the public. A detective has been demoted because of his handling of a prior case...a case in which a victim, choked to unconsciousness, awoke with Alemany's wallet and ID next to her.

It seems many are asking why the detective didn't make an arrest at that time. The BPD is doing a thorough investigation and I have confidence that they will get to the bottom of it. I also have a somewhat sinking feeling that it's possible the answer may not sit well with us.

For example..I would like to know more about the first victim. Specifically..I would like to know just what it was about her that caused the detective not to take her story seriously. I mean..think about it...a woman was brutally assaulted..and nothing was done about it. From a victim's point of view..imagine how frustrating that is. Now imagine how devastating it would have been if she had been..say..poor...or a drug addict...or mentally ill.

I know I am just speculating at this point and I certainly don't mean to jump to any conclusions. I simply feel tha if we knew more about the demographics of the victim..we may have some insight into why it appears this detective totally dropped the ball.

For the record..I don't suggest or imply that anyone other than this low-life Alemany..is responsible for Amy Lord's death. Simply looking at the "could anything have prevented this" angle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: What about Edwin Alemany's first Victim?

The dective in question is responsible of the death of Ms Lord ... he had a duty to act or to take steps to protect the well being of the citizens of Boston and he is guilty of nonfeasance  .... he will be fired after due process and he will be held accountable in a civil law suit against himself and the City of Boston ......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Until we know more about the prior case we can't know if the detective shares any responsibility in Ms Lords death. Here is what I do know....the actual murderer, suspected Alemany, is the one who is ultimately responsible for her death. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

The vicious murder of Amy Lord was nothing short of tragic and shocking. A beautiful young woman..with a sunny smile and a promising future  kidnapped, robbed and murdered while getting ready to go to the gym.

Should this tragedy have ever even happened? That is the question being asked by law enforcement and the public. A detective has been demoted because of his handling of a prior case...a case in which a victim, choked to unconsciousness, awoke with Alemany's wallet and ID next to her.

It seems many are asking why the detective didn't make an arrest at that time. The BPD is doing a thorough investigation and I have confidence that they will get to the bottom of it. I also have a somewhat sinking feeling that it's possible the answer may not sit well with us.

For example..I would like to know more about the first victim. Specifically..I would like to know just what it was about her that caused the detective not to take her story seriously. I mean..think about it...a woman was brutally assaulted..and nothing was done about it. From a victim's point of view..imagine how frustrating that is. Now imagine how devastating it would have been if she had been..say..poor...or a drug addict...or mentally ill.

I know I am just speculating at this point and I certainly don't mean to jump to any conclusions. I simply feel tha if we knew more about the demographics of the victim..we may have some insight into why it appears this detective totally dropped the ball.

For the record..I don't suggest or imply that anyone other than this low-life Alemany..is responsible for Amy Lord's death. Simply looking at the "could anything have prevented this" angle.

cricket,

It is a sad truism that the demographics of a victim do matter. So say for example a homeless woman had been his first victim detectives spend very little time usually on such a case than if you or I had been that victim.

His next victims, including probably Amy Lord, a high tech worker, are hardly that.

So far we know the detective has been demoted rather quickly as well as demonized. Other transgressions have also been put out in the media.

He has a lawyer. There are conflicting stories as to what happened in the first case. His lawyer says he pushed for all the evidence to be processed. He did everything he could.

The police say the exact opposite. They say he was anything but coopertive. 

Just as in the death of 59 year old Stephen Rakes, I believe we have to determine how culpable this detective is in the first case.

What is for certain, the person who is wholly responsible is in custody.

Sections
Shortcuts