What do you make of Ralph Nadar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1159153. Show user_1159153's posts

Ralph Nader pressed the case this week that presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama is another corporate candidate who won't really change Washington.

Some Democrats worry that Nadar, who is running as an independent for president, may tip the election in favor of the GOP by siphoning votes away from the Democratic candidate. Others say this is hogwash. And both sides are represented in the PBS documentary, "An Unreasonable Man," a clip of which appears on YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Considering how weak Obama is on EVERYTHING and the fact that McCain is not really doing much to actually win...perhaps it's time to look at what Nader has to say.

Somehow I bet I won't agree with anything he has to say but at this point I think he should be taken seriously.

He should also be included in the debates.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skifree. Show skifree's posts

In politics Nader is a useless spoiler and self-appointed showboater. Every four years, like Harold Stassen he sees an opportunity for publicity. If these comments came outside of the political season the press would not even to bother to report them.
    A former admirer, every time he "runs" my opinion of him drops again.

He needs to stick to consumer advocacy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7continents. Show 7continents's posts

I can't believe I agree with Ralph Nader...but I do.  Obama, all his pretty talk to the contrary, is just another politician who will say or do anything to get elected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bills64. Show bills64's posts

Say Goodnight, Ralph

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EdEScot. Show EdEScot's posts

Does Nader think he is the I Man or what?   What does he mean by talk white?  He thinks Obama is half Afrian American?  He may have one white parent and one black parent, but that does not make him half  African American.   Is my daughter half an Italian American?  Hey Ralph, want to see the face of a 21st century racist?  Look in the mirror.   Not to worry though Nader won't even be on the ballot in most states.  He is not a third party candidate, just a guy who used to famous who says that he is running for President.  PS  I didn't even vote for Obama, but I sure will now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmellTheGlove. Show SmellTheGlove's posts

Go away, Ralph.  Just go away.  Herd up your little followers, can your useless, nonsensical rhetoric and bid public politics your long overdue farewell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[Quote]In politics Nader is a useless spoiler and self-appointed showboater. Every four years, like Harold Stassen he sees an opportunity for publicity. If these comments came outside of the political season the press would not even to bother to report them.
    A former admirer, every time he "runs" my opinion of him drops again.

He needs to stick to consumer advocacy[/Quote]

I have nothing to add, skifree; you've said it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBUndertaker. Show VBUndertaker's posts

Nader is a total idiot.  He's just looking for publicity (as usual).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjsouthend. Show gjsouthend's posts

What does Nader mean by talking WHITE? It's this kind of bigotry that is so embedded within people that they don't even realize it's there.

Nader was once relevant but hasn't been for years, so now he has become a bitter old man. He is giving a voice to those white people who are afraid to look deep inside and realize they are looking for something to find wrong with Barack because they are too cowardice to admit to themselves that they are afraid to vote for a multi-racial candidate. Enough Said

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmonmcd. Show dmonmcd's posts

How does one talk White? Barack is Barack before white or black and this is just another old timer thinking he can make a comment on race with Barack. The truth is that I don't vote based on race, sex, or any type of appearance I vote on who the person is and what he or she stands for! Barack has repeatedly mentioned his work with community organizing when he was offered Wall Street jobs so maybe Nader should get a clue to who he is running against not just what race he speaks for! Again he is completely destroying his reputation, what a fool! All of you (media included) keep concentrating on Barack's race as opposed to his issues and the fact that he may be the President, you should ALL be ashamed of yourself!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramblinman1s. Show ramblinman1s's posts

rather than get all offended because he called out your guy, why not admit he is 100% right on this??  He nailed it right on the head.  Obamah wants the while dem vote, but does not want to anger the limo libral, as he would lose that way.  He is focusing on the wrong things. to truely correct the problems of poverty you must focus on the root of teh problem and provide tools to fix things - not just throw money at a quick fix.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramblinman1s. Show ramblinman1s's posts

[Quote]What does Nader mean by talking WHITE? It's this kind of bigotry that is so embedded within people that they don't even realize it's there.

Nader was once relevant but hasn't been for years, so now he has become a bitter old man. He is giving a voice to those white people who are afraid to look deep inside and realize they are looking for something to find wrong with Barack because they are too cowardice to admit to themselves that they are afraid to vote for a multi-racial candidate. Enough Said[/Quote]

ummm... just stop. you clearly hate this guy.  What talk white means (and B.O. does talk white) is that he says what whites want to hear.  It does not mean he speaks properly insted of using urban slang.  Perhaps if you were not such a white closet racist yourself, you would have slowed down and picked up on that.  Sorry to ruin your day. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Manufan. Show Manufan's posts

Why isn't Nader just as vocal in his criticism of Bush or McCain? Where has he been for the past 8 years?  Why is it only during the height of the general election that he suddenly finds his voice?

It just seems that his running for president every four years is more about his ego and less about the good of the country.  I don't think he has ever adequately answered this question when he has been called on it.  Ho does he not understand that his actions have only helped to keep Bush in office?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjsouthend. Show gjsouthend's posts

[Quote]ummm... just stop. you clearly hate this guy.  What talk white means (and B.O. does talk white) is that he says what whites want to hear.  It does not mean he speaks properly insted of using urban slang.  Perhaps if you were not such a white closet racist yourself, you would have slowed down and picked up on that.  Sorry to ruin your day. [/Quote]

I am  not white so get your facts straight first OK. And I do listen to  what he has to say. He is suppose to be running for President of all the people in the United States of America, not just African Americans or Blacks as you prefer. I and alot of other black people do not use urban slang. And  using urban slang is not what makes you Black.  So U probably need to get your facts straight. By the way it would take alot more than your uninformed comments to ruin my day

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nando111. Show nando111's posts

Nader is right on the mark.  Totally true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dresdenflaws. Show dresdenflaws's posts

OMG. Nader's vanity knows no limits. Why hasn't he been this critical of Bush? Looks like a desire for attention trumps reason. This political "consumer" is unimpressed. My rating of Nader is the solid black circle acorss each category. Fail.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from drneutrino. Show drneutrino's posts

Raplh Nader is UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED just like the Corvair was over 42 years ago.  He's delusional and a dangerous man because he's the primary reasonthat Bush got elected.  If he fights OBAMA and get McCain elec ted it will destroy America once and for all.  We will be the Corvair of the world, UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HangingIn. Show HangingIn's posts

For all the talk of promoting individual liberty, liberal Democrats are the first to attack anyone exercising free speech if they disagree with what is being said or if it will hurt their candidates, who are never strong enough to weather criticism on real issues.  Look at the response of the Obama campaign.  They don't respond on the real domestic issues Nader raised.  They fall back on crying racism.  If you watch "An Unreasonable Man" on PBS (you can get it from Netflix) you will see a very balanced discussion of Ralph Nader.  And as one person in the show notes, if you put "Nader" on every product he has made safer in this country, the same way Trump pastes him name on his buildings, planes,etc.) half of the items in our homes, cars, workplaces would be called "Nader".  He has never put popularity ahead of what he believes is right.  It's pretty near impossible to agree 100% with anyone, but I believe Nader cares more about my safety and future then either major party candidate.  As far as his comments on Obama, he is right when he says that Obama is not talking openly about helping the poor, etc. and disadvantaged because his campaign is afraid of hurting his electibility.  The phrase "talking White" was just a poor way to say it.  We do need a president that is going to put as much focus on home as on foreign policy.  Nader plays a great role in these elections by raising real issues that the candidates won't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjc59. Show kjc59's posts

[Quote]Nader is right on the mark.  Totally true.[/Quote]
    Nader is a egomanic who cost Al Gore the Presidency. Nader helped elect Bush and now wants to help McCain. He is totally off the mark and why anyone pays attention to him is beyond understanding.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Nader is a bad carton of milk long past his expiration date. If he really cared about anything other than grabbing headlines, he'd use his money (yes, he's a wealthy man) to do something other than pretend that he's better than the rest of us.

He may have been a consumer advocate in a previous life, but I'd post a recall on the current Ralph. It breaks down frequently and does not do what it should. Way faulty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I think there is a great deal of truth about his comments and I really don't care if he offended anyones delicate sensibilities. The truth is not always pleasant.  

There is a reason that documentary calls Nader "An unreasonable man"....its because he is. But like him or not, he is the genuine article, what you see is what you get. I don't feel the same way about Obama.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susesoxfan. Show susesoxfan's posts

Ralph should be locked away and not allowed the light of day.
    He's lost all credibility. He's just an angry old has-been that shouldn't get one vote in the upcoming election. His candidacy in 2004 assured GWB's reelection. Don't let him put McCain in 2008!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyrover. Show hockeyrover's posts

Little Ralphie Nader is a joke, a fraud and a loser.  Just to please himself, he helped elect somebody who's undone all of the things Nader supposedly stood for.  That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Now he's sprinkled an idiotic comment like "talking white" - something you'd usually seen mentioned a Klan rally to his long list of stupid public statements.  Congratulations on becoming a laughingstock Ralphie, all 5 of the supporters you have left must be proud of you.