Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

What he says, and what he does.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

What he says, and what he does.

Deval Patrick says he is not leaving, but will he lie and do the opposite? 

Governor Deval Patrick said today he would not resign his current office to become US attorney general for President Obama’s second term.

“No,” the governor told the Globe when asked the question after he participated in a forum for an audience of Boston business leaders.

“I like what I do, and I have more that I want to accomplish in the next two years,” Patrick added. “And then I promised [my wife] Diane that I’d go back into the private sector, and I’m going to keep that promise.”

Obama, Patrick, their wives, and about a dozen others shared what was billed as a “social dinner” last Friday at the White House. The president had been reelected three nights earlier, and Patrick had served as a surrogate campaigner.

The governor said the evening “was about laughing and drinking and telling stories,” but there was no conversation about him joining the Cabinet.

Patrick’s term expires in January 2015.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: What he says, and what he does.

Tactically, he is better serving out his term since he will be done and have a two terms under his belt with plenty of time to prepare for a potential presidential run in 2016.  Serving in the Obama admin doesn't necessarily bolster his credentials any more than his EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE as Governor does. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

What reason is there to think he would change his mind now...?  (Contrarian vagueness aside...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Hey, I am not saying he should run or vouching for his electoral prospects, his name is one that tends to come up for 2016 discussions, and based on that calculus I would think serving two full terms would increase his credibility versus leaving early to take an admin job, even if it were an AG appointment.

Sections
Shortcuts