What is Scott Brown thinking?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

What is Scott Brown thinking?

Scott Brown is getting further and further away from the issues in his TV ads. He is laser focused on Elizabeth Warren's belief that she has Native American ancestors.  It took a little time..but it seems that his true character is now coming to the surface..and it's not pretty. It seems that he will do anything not to talk about his votes in the Senate.

The video on the news this morning of his supporters..and at least one staffer..mocking Native Americans is more insulting than someone who either is ..or mistakenly believes she is..of Native American descent. Tomahawk chops and war cries...I guess this is the level of intellect we can now expect from Scott Brown. To make matters worse..Brown is blaming Warren for the disrespectul actions of his own people.  Men who blame women for their own bad acts are nothing short of pathetic.

Brown's recent actions come across as desperate. I may have to rethink my prediction that he would win this senate race.

As someone who has a varied ancestry..and whose relatives also passed down stories which turned out not to be so accurate..I can understand the Warren Native American thing. What I can't understand is the GOP effort to deligitimize all her successes based on this issue. The questions have been asked..and answered. It's time to move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: What is Scott Brown thinking?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Brown's campaign made a strategic error in highlighting the native american issue, it should have ended after the first question in the debate,...point made now move along.  The ad on the native american issue is just appealing to some of his diehard supporters which resulted in the sophomoric display that wasa recorded outside the S. Boston Erie Restaurant; bottom line stupid, juevenile but racail hate speech give me a break.

Brown should hammer her on Travelers and LTV steel as it shows how she profitted by representing the interests of big businees not the little guy.  Big business paid the bill and they don't sepnd close to a qtr million to help teh little guy.  This doe real damage to her I'm always helping the little guy fairy story.  Hitting her on a lack of a law license in Mass considering she ahs been at Harvard since 1995 is a legitmate issue to point out that the Professor doesn't think teh rules apply to her.  Brown a real praciticing attorney doing the day to day servicing of needs for the little guy before his Senate election did the right thing played by the rules and placed his law license in the inactive category.

Brown's pragmatic appraoch to his votes and the I need to rread the bill philosophy before just voting partisan is what we need.  Hopefully the growing Obama ground swell doesn't create a tidal wave in Mass and wash out one of the truly good guys representing the people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

1)  How's he representing the people?

2)  How's he representing you?

3)  What's happening in New Hampshire?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

4)  And while we're at it, where do you vote?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

His moves stink of desperation. 

He's definitely shed his "nice guy" image.  But he's coming across like a bully.  He's coming across like a candidate that can't win on the issues.

It's a strategic mistake. 

The race is over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Brown will cruise to victory

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4)  And while we're at it, where do you vote?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the Dems I could vote in Mass and NH but I try to keep it legal; even though I do get taxed in Mass without representation.

I'll play the Warren card in that this isn't a local race it has national implications, if you commute from the north you'll see a number of cars with Brown bumper stickers.  Just like we see a bunch of Mass cars and buses head north for Obama events in the Live Free or Die state.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I wish they would stop airing that commercial (20 times a day) where Ms Warren continues to claim she's an Indian and again offers no proof.   I don't care anymore!

Mothers tell their kids all kinds of stuff that's not always true, especially back in the day before DNA and Google!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only in Massa2shits can you be Self employed and be employed by Haveayard, use your Colledge office to pratice law when you don't have a licence.

[/QUOTE]

No, actually in all 50 states you can be self employed and employed by a company at the same time.  The key is disclosure. It's perfectly legal and extremely common.

Was Warren actually practicing law in MA without a license ?  ( be careful of your answer)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Scott Brown is getting further and further away from the issues in his TV ads. He is laser focused on Elizabeth Warren's belief that she has Native American ancestors.  It took a little time..but it seems that his true character is now coming to the surface..and it's not pretty. It seems that he will do anything not to talk about his votes in the Senate.

Respectfully, I don't care anymore, and never really did.  The fact you made a thread to discuss this (again) must mean you still care.  The reason?  I have no idea, since you are obviously not going to vote for Brown, and your vote is non-negotiable.  

The emphasis remains on Brown.   That's what he wants.  The lack of discussion on Warren's positive attributes and strengths is astonishing, isn't it?   It's like damning her with faint (or no) praise, every time Brown gets criticized.   It does not pump her up, don't you see that?   

Sorry to see that you feel the need to give Brown more attention than he is worth.     

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Only in Massa2shits can you be Self employed and be employed by Haveayard, use your Colledge office to pratice law when you don't have a licence.

[/QUOTE]

No, actually in all 50 states you can be self employed and employed by a company at the same time.  The key is disclosure. It's perfectly legal and extremely common.

Was Warren actually practicing law in MA without a license ?  ( be careful of your answer)

[/QUOTE]

OK I'll play; the key is disclosure.

Did she disclose to Harvard that she was performing private work as a full time Professor.  This is normal for a small percentage of time but she billed out at $212K over a reported 3 year period or roughly $70K/yr.  If she billed out at $200/hr then that was 350 hrs or roughly 15% of a normal 2080 hr year not an inconsequential amount of time.  One additional question did she use her graduate assistants to do any of the research, now this clearly would be an ethics issue, unless she paid for the service.

The practice of law includes providing legal counsel or advice to your client not just writing briefs or attending court sessions.  She at the very least was performing research and then providing legal counsel and advice to her clients.

You can practice law in Mass if you are licensed in another but this is intended for short term durations for out of state counsel, not for one who has been living in the state since 1995 and practicing law since then through 2009.  If you live here and practice here you need to be licensed here.  I'd like to see what her 1099 and tax filings say about this income, did she take business expenses against he payments, such as office space and where was that office space?

Lots and lots of questions here.

As a practicing attorney Senator Brown had these records for his work prior to putting his license on the inactive list in 2011, due to his Senate duties.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK I'll play; the key is disclosure.

Did she disclose to Harvard that she was performing private work as a full time Professor.  This is normal for a small percentage of time but she billed out at $212K over a reported 3 year period or roughly $70K/yr.  If she billed out at $200/hr then that was 350 hrs or roughly 15% of a normal 2080 hr year not an inconsequential amount of time.  One additional question did she use her graduate assistants to do any of the research, now this clearly would be an ethics issue, unless she paid for the service.

The practice of law includes providing legal counsel or advice to your client not just writing briefs or attending court sessions.  She at the very least was performing research and then providing legal counsel and advice to her clients.

You can practice law in Mass if you are licensed in another but this is intended for short term durations for out of state counsel, not for one who has been living in the state since 1995 and practicing law since then through 2009.  If you live here and practice here you need to be licensed here.  I'd like to see what her 1099 and tax filings say about this income, did she take business expenses against he payments, such as office space and where was that office space?

Lots and lots of questions here.

As a practicing attorney Senator Brown had these records for his work prior to putting his license on the inactive list in 2011, due to his Senate duties.

[/QUOTE]

You're right so far the only thing you have posted is a lot of questions.

No proof, no evidence nothing but the musings of a wingnut.

I'm sure if there is proof of wrongdoing then either the Brown campaign or the RNC will file charges.

Just repeating crap found on an internet blog is pretty funny though. Yep, no ulterior motive here, just letting crap tumble out of my head.

[/QUOTE]

Sure avoid the real issues.

You can practice law in Mass if you are licensed in another but this is intended for short term durations for out of state counsel, not for one who has been living in the state since 1995 and practicing law since then through 2009.  If you live here and practice here you need to be licensed here. 

Forget my other questions on ethics and disclosure what's the answer to the above? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The video on the news this morning of his supporters..and at least one staffer..mocking Native Americans is more insulting than someone who either is ..or mistakenly believes she is..of Native American descent. Tomahawk chops and war cries...I guess this is the level of intellect we can now expect from Scott Brown. To make matters worse..Brown is blaming Warren for the disrespectul actions of his own people.  Men who blame women for their own bad acts are nothing short of pathetic.

Brown's recent actions come across as desperate. I may have to rethink my prediction that he would win this senate race.

As someone who has a varied ancestry..and whose relatives also passed down stories which turned out not to be so accurate..I can understand the Warren Native American thing. What I can't understand is the GOP effort to deligitimize all her successes based on this issue. The questions have been asked..and answered. It's time to move on.

[/QUOTE]

So, is Liz Warren Native American?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

With 9/11 First Responders and other rescue workers who worked at " Ground Zero" who now are dying at the rate of 4 people per month of cancers that are related to being exposed to debris from Ground Zero "what was brown thinking about" when he voted against the  James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What issues? You've got accusations from a blog that disclaimed factual accuracy, you've got your "questions."

Oh right...and your omnipresence tells you that authorities wouldn't do anything, so you can excuse yourself from doing anything meaningful about this issue which, if true, would actually be rather important. '

As with birthers, "questions" become accusation become solid fact.

[/QUOTE]

OK let's try to be specific.

You can practice law in Mass if you are licensed in another but this is intended for short term durations for out of state counsel, not for one who has been living in the state since 1995 and practicing law since then through 2009.  If you live here and practice here you need to be licensed here. 

Forget my other questions on ethics and disclosure what's the answer to the above? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What issues? You've got accusations from a blog that disclaimed factual accuracy, you've got your "questions."

Oh right...and your omnipresence tells you that authorities wouldn't do anything, so you can excuse yourself from doing anything meaningful about this issue which, if true, would actually be rather important. '

As with birthers, "questions" become accusation become solid fact.

[/QUOTE]

OK let's try to be specific.

[/QUOTE]

The answer is that this alleged wrongdoing by ONE blogger would have to be brought to an authority with the skill/background to assess wrongdoing or vindication

The point Joe is that one biased law professsor with an aim to hurt Warren has ginned up an issue you and the bubble are now tossing around. I would suggest you stand down until a REAL resource picks this up ....or not. I am putting my money on this is just a conservative attack but If i am wrong...well I am wrong...

but i am voting Warren because he has a real list of accomplishment in comparison to the truck driving king and queen meeter who lets his employees insult a person then pretend he knows nothing about it....thats reprehensible so why is he better?