What is the biggest killer in the 20th century?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0sujnvIV4g4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: What is the biggest killer in the 20th century?

Let people not money decide gun laws !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Let people not money decide gun laws !

Money rules with the washington establishment my friend!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

e: What is the biggest killer in the 20th century?

Death Panels?

Cigarettes?

Death Panels with cigarettes?

Pretty sure 'death panels' was coined in 21st century...just sayin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Absurd.  Saying government was the biggest killer in history says nothing much at all.  All those totalitarian governments that killed people were stopped by democratic governments.  That means millions more were saved by government than were killed by government.  The problem is not "government", it is the people in charge of the government.  Ideological zealots are the problem: keep them out of power.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm glad we aren't in the 20th century anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Absurd.  Saying government was the biggest killer in history says nothing much at all.  All those totalitarian governments that killed people were stopped by democratic governments.  That means millions more were saved by government than were killed by government.  The problem is not "government", it is the people in charge of the government.  Ideological zealots are the problem: keep them out of power.

So, free societies save people and one's dominated by big government kill people? 

What happened to the moral superiority of the collective?  Are you really suggesting that these collectivist societies fail because, when the control is not in the hands of the people, the individual, one elite person can take over and turn it into a tyranny?

I'm shocked.  just shocked, I tell you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Fine.

Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads?

that never works.  The sharks just end up killing each other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

I'm going to go with the 1918 influenza.  Some estimates say 20 million, more recent estimates say 50-100 million.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

So, free societies save people and one's dominated by big government kill people? 

What happened to the moral superiority of the collective?  Are you really suggesting that these collectivist societies fail because, when the control is not in the hands of the people, the individual, one elite person can take over and turn it into a tyranny?

Shocked?  Only because you are an ideologiocal idiot.

"We the people" created out democratic society.  That is the "collective" we that you disparage. But it was and is darn good politics and darn good morality too.  Apparently you disagree. 

Your understanding of political philosophy is childlike. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

"We the people" created out democratic society.  That is the "collective" we that you disparage. But it was and is darn good politics and darn good morality too.  Apparently you disagree. 

Your view if the collective is a bit different from mine.  In your view, some liberal elites make decisions for the rest of us, who are a permanent, subservient underclass.

In other words, your collective is anything but what the founders intended.

so, my understanding is childlike? i hope so.  All good ideals are childlike in one way or another.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Frickin dolphins with guns on their heads.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/16/dolphins_with_frikkin_guns_on_their_heads/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Biggest killer?

As CONSERVATIVE historian and scholar Anthony Sutton revelaed, it is the wealthy elites of Wall Street who financed the century's greatest killers:

http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/bolshevik_revolution/

http://www.reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_street/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Your view if the collective is a bit different from mine.  In your view, some liberal elites make decisions for the rest of us, who are a permanent, subservient underclass.

so, my understanding is childlike? i hope so.  All good ideals are childlike in one way or another.

You have no idea what I am talking about because you never bother to listen.  You already have all the answers for yourself and the other side.  That's what ideologues do.  I never said anything about liberal elites making decisions.  That's just your inane rant to yourself.  Does it make you happy?  You are in effect talking to yourself.  Certainly not to me.  You are a child and that is about your rational capabilitiess not your (alleged)  idealism.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You have no idea what I am talking about because you never bother to listen.  You already have all the answers for yourself and the other side.  That's what ideologues do.  I never said anything about liberal elites making decisions.  That's just your inane rant to yourself.  Does it make you happy?  You are in effect talking to yourself.  Certainly not to me.  You are a child and that is about your rational capabilitiess not your (alleged)  idealism.

Yah, you and I have EXACTLY the same deifition of "collective". 

You point out the "collective" formed by the American Revolution, a loose collective, formed explicitly recognizing personal property, personal rights and obligations, and a liminted government. 

So, why is you view, and people who think like you, argue against personal property rights?  Is that not at the core of oyur argument that the rich pay more?  Where is your respect for their personal property?

Or, how about gun control.  Where is your respect for the rights of individuals to protect themselves? 

Or, how about personal responsibility?  Where do you find personal responsiblity in your support of food stamps, for example?

Where is your support for how the country is actually designed to work?  If you weere really for it, you couldn't support the mandates in Obamacare that were created by executive order.  There's your liberal elite in action, BTW.

See, your version of the collective, and those who think like you, is that people are responsible to those managing the collective, and not the other way around.

So, yes, I do know what you, and those who think like you, are talking about when you use the term "collective".  You are talking about big government, that makes decisions for us, and penalizes us if we resit.  You are talking about slavery to a liberal elite that is devoid of individualism. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Yah, you and I have EXACTLY the same deifition of "collective". 

You point out the "collective" formed by the American Revolution, a loose collective, formed explicitly recognizing personal property, personal rights and obligations, and a liminted government. 

So, why is you view, and people who think like you, argue against personal property rights?  Is that not at the core of oyur argument that the rich pay more?  Where is your respect for their personal property?

Or, how about gun control.  Where is your respect for the rights of individuals to protect themselves? 

Or, how about personal responsibility?  Where do you find personal responsiblity in your support of food stamps, for example?

Where is your support for how the country is actually designed to work?  If you weere really for it, you couldn't support the mandates in Obamacare that were created by executive order.  There's your liberal elite in action, BTW.

See, your version of the collective, and those who think like you, is that people are responsible to those managing the collective, and not the other way around.

So, yes, I do know what you, and those who think like you, are talking about when you use the term "collective".  You are talking about big government, that makes decisions for us, and penalizes us if we resit.  You are talking about slavery to a liberal elite that is devoid of individualism. 

Obviously we don't have the same definition.  I am at least aware of that fact.  You are not.  You have no interest in learning wnat the "other side: has to say.  You already have the answers per your ideology.  That is why you are a child.  Keep ranting though apparently it makes you happy.  But you are just self pleasuring yourself.  You are not really discussing anything with anybody.  Slavery by the liberal elite? You spew nonsense.  And it is hypocritical nonsense.  You just wish you were your own elite so you can impose YOUR values on others.  But you will always be a fringe character so you will never have your chance.  No run along.  You are saying nothing of value.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

As CONSERVATIVE historian and scholar Anthony Sutton revelaed, it is the wealthy elites of Wall Street who financed the century's greatest killers:

Ha ha, your joke is MUCH better than mine!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Frickin dolphins with guns on their heads.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/16/dolphins_with_frikkin_guns_on_their_heads/

I thought it was Dolphins with laser beams on thier frick!n heads???

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I thought it was Dolphins with laser beams on thier frick!n heads???

Eh, either way, they'll both kill you dead.