What Was So Super About It...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

What Was So Super About It...?

Just curious.

A few things that occur to me:

- The political press gets their utmost wish for an extended contest...co-opting for themselves what's left of the gop voters' enthusiasm.

- Ditto political-propaganda ad-makers.  Evidently a growth industry.

- GOP primary voters seem too busy with other things to vote, hence their drop in turnout from 2008.

- Celebrity endorsement office pools!  (I have Gary Sinise.)

- The tireless march of Newt Gingrich, President of Georgia.

- The re-birth of the sweater vest (non-hipster version).

- Further psychoanalysis of a political party that seems willing to decry the higher education needed to be a good therapist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: What Was So Super About It...?

Sweater vest are a smart way to dress up a drab ensemble and give the wearer some added zip to their clothing.  It is a versatile style that has found its way to pairings with slacks and jeans.  It is a smart warbdrobe choice. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

" Further psychoanalysis of a political party that seems willing to decry the higher education needed to be a good therapist."

I seem to recall that the 2004 re-election of George Bush  sent many neurotic liberals over the edge, and therapists did a lot of business.
    If Obama loses in 2012, expect more of the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...?:
    [QUOTE]" Further psychoanalysis of a political party that seems willing to decry the higher education needed to be a good therapist." I seem to recall that the 2004 re-election of George Bush  sent many neurotic liberals over the edge, and therapists did a lot of business. If Obama loses in 2012, expect more of the same.
    Posted by BetheKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Still living in the past, eh...??

No wonder the gop's top two candidates represent a complete return to bush-era policies...with an extra dash of religious zealotry to spice things up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : Still living in the past, eh...?? No wonder the gop's top two candidates represent a complete return to bush-era policies...with an extra dash of religious zealotry to spice things up.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Well, no offense, but Obama seems to have continued on with plenty of Bush policies. The more things change the more they stay the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : Well, no offense, but Obama seems to have continued on with plenty of Bush policies. The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Posted by APerfectCircle[/QUOTE]

That's true...except they've seemed to work better this time around. 

Go figure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : That's true...except they've seemed to work better this time around.  Go figure.

How so?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : How so?

War On Terrorism, e.g., similar policies pursued more aggressively.  Iraq.  Afghanistan. Libya. Iran sanctions much tougher and broader global consensus. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : War On Terrorism, e.g., similar policies pursued more aggressively.  Iraq.  Afghanistan. Libya. Iran sanctions much tougher and broader global consensus. 

Ok, but he's followed many of bush's policies. You made it seem, based on your reply, that he's handled them all better. I agree war on terror has gone much better. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : LOL! Ok, Obambistas, I will provide a list of Bush policies, that Bambi has either ramped up (INCREDIBLY), or continued. You make a list of Bush policies he has either cut, or eliminated. Guess who's gonna LOSE, and I mean HUGE!!! Your game.  Bring it, or get out da room.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I think you're confused. I was the one who said Obama has continued many of Bush's policies. I was asking the other poster to explain which ones Obama has done "better" since that was what the poster stated.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : Ok, but he's followed many of bush's policies. You made it seem, based on your reply, that he's handled them all better. I agree war on terror has gone much better. 

No, not all of them, certainly.  And a few of his originals I don't really care for, either.  Gitmo, in particular, is still a very sore spot for me.  I know why it's not closed (as he promised), but that's little excuse.

I knew at the time O was more centrist at core, but even I didn't realize how centrist the circumstances would make him.  Mea culpa, I guess....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Was So Super About It...? : No, not all of them, certainly.  And a few of his originals I don't really care for, either.  Gitmo, in particular, is still a very sore spot for me.  I know why it's not closed (as he promised), but that's little excuse. I knew at the time O was more centrist at core, but even I didn't realize how centrist the circumstances would make him.  Mea culpa, I guess....

No worries! It's all good. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Gitmo, in particular, is still a very sore spot for me. I know why it's not closed (as he promised), but that's little excuse. -------------------------- The excuse isn't necessary for Bambi.  He could no more close GITMO, than you or I could.  He knew that, but damn!  It sounded good di'n't it? Ya just know some dick is gonna get up and stump, "I will override the 2nd amendment."  Knowing he can't, and when called on it will say, "at least I tried", to thunderous applause. I got me this feeling, that the individual HC mandate is going down in flames with SCOTUS, and I don't mean 5-4. What then?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

See, I don't think he really knew that (Gitmo) at first, but the situation stayed his hand.  If that made him naive on Gitmo, then fine.  That he ended any remaining torture programs there was one thing, at least.

And we'll see about the individual mandate...I'm not as certain as you are.  However, I'm inclined to think that there are alternatives and that HCR will indeed live on in some form...at least until the point where single-payer becomes the next logical step forward. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Sections
Shortcuts