When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!

Isn't it ironic that the america conservatives say they want to return to had a much greater degree of income equality, even as it systematically treated minorities (blacks, women, gays, etc.) as inferior, second-class citizens...??

"WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK!"

You can't have it, but even if you could, you probably wouldn't like it....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

High speed rails?  MMmmm.  For whatever its worth, my wife (economic consultant) made some pretty rational arguments that I have since forgotten as to why America isn't suited for a transcontinental high speed rail; though perhaps a few local corridor lines would serve as a good alternative to air travel.

think NY/DC.

As for infastructure, what we really need to focus on is water lines and sewers in major cities.  These things are ancient and really starting to fall apart.  Not exactly going to get people marching with that, but it's something that needs to happen now. 

It won't, so we'll just pay more when water main lines become too frequent to bear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!:
    [QUOTE]High speed rails?  MMmmm.  For whatever its worth, my wife (economic consultant) made some pretty rational arguments that I have since forgotten as to why America isn't suited for a transcontinental high speed rail; though perhaps a few local corridor lines would serve as a good alternative to air travel. think NY/DC. As for infastructure, what we really need to focus on is water lines and sewers in major cities.  These things are ancient and really starting to fall apart.  Not exactly going to get people marching with that, but it's something that needs to happen now.  It won't, so we'll just pay more when water main lines become too frequent to bear.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

Re: high-speed rail - the best proposals I've seen are a 50/50 split between roads and rails.  In other words, for every mile of new road paved, there should be an equivalent mile of rail.  The rationale is that the rails will alleviate traffic on the roads, thereby the roads will last longer and infrastructure costs will go down over time.  So, instead of adding two lanes to existing highways, add one lane for cars and equal space for a rail line.

I won't hold my breath, though.  When we can't even get something simple like park & ride lots built, high speed rail might be a long time coming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!:
    [QUOTE]Let us get clear, when the GOP/Tea Party state that they want less government, what they really mean is that they want NO government, because government will only get in the way of their fraudulent schemes!  Then, they pretend that they want to lower taxes for the American people all the while knowing that the loopholes they put into place for the wealthy means that Corporations and wealthy Americans pay very little taxes or No taxes at all, which means Average Americans have to carry and Shoulder all the tax burden.   To Create Jobs in America, you must Invest in America.  Yet GOP want no spending on America's crumbling and decaying roads, streets, sewer system, infra-structure, high-speed rails, and public education (to further "dumb-down" Americans)! They say No to any Investment in America (water, air, clean technology) and her people.  They know that Investing in America means TO CREATE JOBS!   On the otherhand, they don't mind Spending millions of dollars on Wall Street stocks and bonds, phony ponzi schemes and real-estate deals, all the while America continues to further decay into a third-world country.  The Simple & Awful truth, is that Republicans do not want and they Fear a government for the people and by the people.  Their desire is for America to go back to the times when the rich get richer and the poor get poorer!  That's what they are fighting for, not for average Americans, but for their greedy way of life and for power.   What the Republicans Really Don't Want You To Get Educated On! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9jLrrRg8rw
    Posted by bacalove[/QUOTE]

"Let us get clear, when the GOP/Tea Party state that they want less government, what they really mean is that they want NO government"

According to....?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!:
    [QUOTE]Let us get clear, when the GOP/Tea Party state that they want less government, what they really mean is that they want NO government, because government will only get in the way of their fraudulent schemes!  Then, they pretend that they want to lower taxes for the American people all the while knowing that the loopholes they put into place for the wealthy means that Corporations and wealthy Americans pay very little taxes or No taxes at all, which means Average Americans have to carry and Shoulder all the tax burden.   To Create Jobs in America, you must Invest in America.  Yet GOP want no spending on America's crumbling and decaying roads, streets, sewer system, infra-structure, high-speed rails, and public education (to further "dumb-down" Americans)! They say No to any Investment in America (water, air, clean technology) and her people.  They know that Investing in America means TO CREATE JOBS!   On the otherhand, they don't mind Spending millions of dollars on Wall Street stocks and bonds, phony ponzi schemes and real-estate deals, all the while America continues to further decay into a third-world country.  The Simple & Awful truth, is that Republicans do not want and they Fear a government for the people and by the people.  Their desire is for America to go back to the times when the rich get richer and the poor get poorer!  That's what they are fighting for, not for average Americans, but for their greedy way of life and for power.   What the Republicans Really Don't Want You To Get Educated On! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9jLrrRg8rw

"To Create Jobs in America, you must Invest in America."

No, to create a job, you need someone with an idea that wants to take a risk by hiring someone to work on that idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

As a member of ASCE our organization has been advocating the need to upgrade our neglected infrastructure for years.  The most recent infrastructure report card states that we need to spend $2.2 trillion over the next 5 years to make significant improvements.

many of our cities have water, sewer and drainage pipes approaching 100 yr or older.  Our interstate system is approaching 60 years old and we need significant invest to ensure we don't have more I-35W collapses.

The US became the worlds strongest manufacturer of goods because of our ability to get them to market over our highway system.  High speed rail offers great opportunities out west, but it is very problematic for the BosWash urban corridor due to right of way restrictions on grade and alignment.  We need urban transit upgrades but we also need highway improvements due to suburbanization.

No matter which party is in control after the election we need to support infrastructure improvements.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE]
     "To Create Jobs in America, you must Invest in America."

No, to create a job, you need someone with an idea that wants to take a risk by hiring someone to work on that idea.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Hmm.... 

Hold on.

hmmm...

So you do not think that "invest in American" encompasses "take a risk by hiring someone to work on that idea"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfaulk. Show ccfaulk's posts

It takes a team of 3 guys to lay pipes with the machines we have now. In the late 40's it was a ton of guys with shovels and if they were lucky some type of machine. They talk about this like history will repeat itself.

With all of the laws and licenses and permits needed there are only a handful of companies that can work for the state. These handfull have what 3000 employees tops? The infrastructure bill will not even make a dent.

High speed rail lines in certain corridors like washington to Boston and San Diego to San Fran make sense. Do not be polite, take all the land and rights of way you need to keep it fast the whole routes. Emminent Domain means fair value give it to them.

Wind farms, geothermal, the ocean currents all need to become reality on a huge scale.

Redo all of our power grid so the whole country can route electricity around a given blackout. We waste more power in our current grid from attenuation to power NYC.

Place a huge tariff on all goods coming into the country unless they have an American factory or employ a certain amount of US citizens.

The GOP are not stating they are against jobs, they are against throwing money at an infrastructure bill that does not have any strict guidelines on how many people get full time PERMANENT jobs. Remember wall street bonuses? or GM closing factories or the money flowing out of the country? We need stipulations like noones salary can go up more than 2% while the contract is in effect. No bonuses unless approved by the govt. Fed rules overwrite union rules.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS!:
    [QUOTE]Hmm....  Hold on. hmmm... So you do not think that "invest in American" encompasses "take a risk by hiring someone to work on that idea"?

I took it as government work.  Perhaps I am wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS! : I took it as government work.  Perhaps I am wrong.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

No,I was right.  He is talking about government jobs.  Hardly the place to start in a discussion about getting America back to work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]You people are crazy. Here is the truth about creating jobs. It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment insurance. The biggest bang for the buck. Why are you talking about infrastructure? You people are nuts.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

So, if I read you right, the poorer people are, the more jobs are created? This is awesome!

If the democrats could just bottle this....

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Re: high-speed rail - the best proposals I've seen are a 50/50 split between roads and rails.  In other words, for every mile of new road paved, there should be an equivalent mile of rail. "

Even for a progressive, that is an especially clueless 'idea'.
    Built the roads we need badly. Trains are a pipe dream, no one uses them.  
    Freakin'  AmTrak has peed away billions and bilions annually, so a few wealthy libs can take a train from Boston to DC.  Empty trains, losing money, but happy liberals.

Does it matter at all that the cost of rail is extremely extremely high (thanks in large part to liberal unions and environmental extremists) , and that , even if rail is ever built , people prefer to drive their cars? Nope,  because progressives live in dreamland.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

PSSSSSSTTT!!  Yes...you...liberal.  I have a secret to tell you....  Don't tell your friends, it might upset them.  Government takes wealth and does NOT actually create jobs.  The private sector creates jobs and creates wealth.

If your hero Barack Obama had CUT government spending and LOWERED taxes.....the Dems would be gaining seats Tuesday not losing them.

History is on my side.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it ironic that the america conservatives say they want to return to had a much greater degree of income equality, even as it systematically treated minorities (blacks, women, gays, etc.) as inferior, second-class citizens...?? "WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK!" You can't have it, but even if you could, you probably wouldn't like it....
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

Matty is it better to keep African Americans and others down by making them dependant on government or do you think having faith in them and acknowledging that they are capable of great things on their own is better??

You want to feed and give free money to everybody....if you STOP the freebies, guess what???  People leave their sofas and go find jobs.  It's horrible that the liberals have so little faith in so many people and feel that they aren't capable of taking care of themselves.  No wonder liberals like affirmative action so much.  It's a racist policy based on the idea that certain people aren't as capable as others.  Not good. 

See you Tuesday!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS! : Matty is it better to keep African Americans and others down by making them dependant on government or do you think having faith in them and acknowledging that they are capable of great things on their own is better?? You want to feed and give free money to everybody....if you STOP the freebies, guess what???  People leave their sofas and go find jobs.  It's horrible that the liberals have so little faith in so many people and feel that they aren't capable of taking care of themselves.  No wonder liberals like affirmative action so much.  It's a racist policy based on the idea that certain people aren't as capable as others.  Not good.  See you Tuesday!!!!
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

Wow, way to spin it. Having been on freebies before growing up, I don't think most people want to live that way. And I think that it is important to have the safety net there when people can't find work. There are always going to be poor people. Getting rid of wellfare won't change that. There was a time when we didn't have wellfare and people starved and lived on the street as a result.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think a high speed rail from Boston to New York, NYC to DC, Philly to DC, makes a lot of sense.  Orange County to LA.  Why not?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE]I think a high speed rail from Boston to New York, NYC to DC, Philly to DC, makes a lot of sense.  Orange County to LA.  Why not?  
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Because according to Bobin, only wussy liberals like trains.

Real Cool Americans like roads because they need a place to compensate for deficiencies by driving big empty pickup trucks and Hummers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS! : Re: high-speed rail - the best proposals I've seen are a 50/50 split between roads and rails.  In other words, for every mile of new road paved, there should be an equivalent mile of rail.  The rationale is that the rails will alleviate traffic on the roads, thereby the roads will last longer and infrastructure costs will go down over time.  So, instead of adding two lanes to existing highways, add one lane for cars and equal space for a rail line. I won't hold my breath, though.  When we can't even get something simple like park & ride lots built, high speed rail might be a long time coming.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

Matty and other sadly misinformed - You can thank your beloved Union Comrads for stifling rail and infrastructure expansion. Not the GOP.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Personally Id love to see rail expand. Im on the road for a living and it is insane and dangerous the amount of trucks on the road.

Remember the old commercial -
    Everything this woman will touch and wear today was brought to her by truck!
    At triple the cost!!! Were we supposed to be impressed or somehting?

I dont have an issue with waiting a couple of days for a couple of sheets of flippin plywood. Particularly if I can save a buck on it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

I thought it was called Capitalism where private business prospered and created jobs.

When the government tries to take on this responsibilty it called Communism.

But when you're overwhelmed with citizens (and non-citizens) who need government to make them whole, it's easy to see why Capitalism is not in their favor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny02110. Show johnny02110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When GOP Say No to InfraStruc, They Are Also Saying No to Creating JOBS! : Because according to Bobin, only wussy liberals like trains. Real Cool Americans like roads because they need a place to compensate for deficiencies by driving big empty pickup trucks and Hummers.

And liberals need to compensate for their own deficiencies by operating empty trains that continuously waste tax dollars year after year after year.

Sections
Shortcuts