Where is the coverage of the Bengazi hearings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Where is the coverage of the Bengazi hearings?

I came here to my favorite site to find out about the hearing, and Boston.com has zero articles.  Why is this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Where is the coverage of the Bengazi hearings?

Maybe they haven't heard about them yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Probably.  "Bengazi" is a big word for Globe reporters.  Hard to spell, impossible to pronounce, and soooo far away.  It's like, somewhere over near Yarmouth, or something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So if you cover the story, that's dangerously close to "advocacy".

The biggest Benghazi-related story that took place outside of the House Oversight Committee's hearing room today is this item in Politico, regarding CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.  She's the reporter who famously drew White House officials' profane ire over her unapologetic pursuit of the Fast & Furious scandal story; now she's apparently facing searing criticism from another source: Her own bosses.  Why?  Because she's been covering the Benghazi story too aggressively.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you media bias:

"Attkisson, who holds a third-degree black belt in taekwondo, takes a fighting stance when she feels she’s being stonewalled. Which is exactly what she thinks the White House has done to her on Benghazi," Farhi writes. But from where Attkisson is sitting, there are actually two Goliaths, one of which is almost entirely absent from the Post profile. The second Goliath is CBS News, which has grown increasingly frustrated with Attkisson's Benghazi campaign. CBS News executives see Attkisson wading dangerously close to advocacy on the issue, network sources have told POLITICO. Attkisson can't get some of her stories on the air, and is thus left feeling marginalized and underutilized

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Only faux is covering the hearings

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Only faux is covering the hearings

I guess that's what makes Fox the most watched cable news channel.  They actually give a darn about why four americans were killed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Probably.  "Bengazi" is a big word for Globe reporters.  Hard to spell, impossible to pronounce, and soooo far away.  It's like, somewhere over near Yarmouth, or something.

You spelled "Benghazi" wrong. Just saying.

Doh!

Glad to see globe reporters can google strange, far away places.

Besides, how do you mis-spell a name that is Arabic?  Do oyu have the lock on authorized Aribic to English city name translations?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Sharyl Attkinson is pretty amazing. Just sayin.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Its the nothing to see here, please move along headline or how can this be news worthy as its against the reason many voted for Obama.  After all GM is alive and Bin Laden and the terrorists are dead and on the run..................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Its the nothing to see here, please move along headline or how can this be news worthy as its against the reason many voted for Obama.  After all GM is alive and Bin Laden and the terrorists are dead and on the run..................

You would think that after all the years of claiming Bush was covering up and manipulating things, the left would, well, reject Obama for manipulating and covering up things. 

That's just common sense, isn't it? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Some report it as:

A house committee will question witnesses of the Consulate attack in Benghazi on 9-11-12 at a hearing today to try and determine what happened and what we can be done to prevent it.

Some will report it as:

Benghazi terror attack witnesses will be questioned today and are expected to give devastating information about the administration regarding its handling of the attack and the information put after afterwards.

Some will report it as:

Republicans will try to lay blame on the administration today for the Benghazi attack that killed 4 sevicemembers; Senate Democrats say it's just a political "witch hunt".

Which one do you think is best phrased by a NEWS organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It's telling that you have to search for Benghazi to find it on Boston.com.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

Republicans will try to lay blame on the administration today for the Benghazi attack that killed 4 sevicemembers 

Amazing that you think the above is an unfair statement given that ever since the attack, Republicans (and Fox) have been blaming Obama.

You also seem to be forgetting your old posts. 

I think it is an unfair statement for a NEWS agency which I am not. I have always said that I am a fiscal conservative that lines up more with the GOP platform on fiscal issues and that overall I think Washington politicians (the establishment) is corupt on both sides and rely on partisan attacks to 1.) hide their own failures and 2.) keep the US populas divided and blaming the other side!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I came here to my favorite site to find out about the hearing, and Boston.com has zero articles.  Why is this?

Because Boston.com sucks. Duh.

NYT has it front page. Stop crying.

Day 2 of it not being on the front fold.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So don't read BDC for news. I don't. It's a craptastic local rag of a paper.

But I must.  It is my hometown paper.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Because Boston.com sucks. Duh.

NYT has it front page. Stop crying.

So let's just recap. The original post asked "Where is the coverage of the Bengazi hearings?" Followed by "I came here to my favorite site to find out about the hearing, and Boston.com has zero articles.  Why is this?"

It gets pointed out that BDC did indeed have more than zero articles. But you respond with "Day 2 of it not being on the front fold."

I suppose you'll next complain that the pictures of said hearings as posted on BDC were not big enough, or they didn't put them in the weather/sports/entertainment section as well.

I look on the front page.  Not there.

I look in national.  Not there.

I look in politics.  Not there.

The references are front page, or  top of the fold. That's where the important knews goes.   Yesterday and today, nothing above the fold.  Today, one very slanted article below the fold.That's my complaint.  I kinda figured the globe would bury articles about Bengazi in the Lifestyle section.  

Where are these other articles?  The New Bedford page?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Finally something posted an hour ago, on the front page.

It doesn't matter what side of the aisle you are on.  Yesterday, this shoudl have been on the top of the fold.

Or, Jed, are you going to disagree wit hthat as well?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts