Where Obama was doomed! Rahm "I begged him not to do it"!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Where Obama was doomed! Rahm "I begged him not to do it"!

Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had argued for a more incremental approach to health reform. "I begged him not to do this," he later recalled.

The president went ahead, saying "I feel lucky." In March of 2010, Obamacare was passed without a serious recalibration or a single Republican vote.

This choice unleashed a cascade of effects. Obama placed a highly ideological debate on the size and role of government at the center of American politics. He contributed to extreme polarization in Congress and the public. He exhausted his political capital on an issue that had little to do with the immediate economic crisis faced by the country. He invited the backlash midterm election of 2010 -- including the loss of 63 Democratic House seats -- which effectively ended the creative period of his presidency.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/30/obamas_discrediting_victory_115971.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Where Obama was doomed! Rahm

This and Benghazi!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Because accessible, affordable health care is more important than politics.

GOPers still haven't figured than out, as evidenced by their bumper sticker of a prez candidate and 50s-era notion of 'progress'.

Rahm's voting for Barack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think tvoter is suggesting Obama should have kicked the can down the field and hoped that ultimately, somehow, something would happen and resolve it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GOPers still haven't figured than out, as evidenced by their bumper sticker of a prez candidate and 50s-era notion of 'progress'.

[/QUOTE]

60%+ of the populas does not like it and do not like things shoved down their throats with backroom deals! Especially when afterwards he gives his cronies exemptions!!

Here's my belief, Obama loses Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin and the election!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think tvoter is suggesting Obama should have kicked the can down the field and hoped that ultimately, somehow, something would happen and resolve it.

[/QUOTE]
     No Im saying he should have demanded Harry and Nancy at least HEAR the republicans ideas on the floor so the American poeple could have a clearer idea of what was proposed. Instead he created more opposition by shutting half the populas out!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

60%+ of the populas does not like it and do not like things shoved down their throats with backroom deals! Especially when afterwards he gives his cronies exemptions!!

[/QUOTE]

Which is a much better score (and less expensive) than the Iraq War, which fomented billions for Bush's "cronies".

"I'll choose More Americans with Health Care Coverage over More Dead American Soldiers for the block, Wink."

Obviously, GOPers don't like things "shoved down their throats" given their rampant anti-gay hatred and general approval of forced pregnancies for rape victims...

...but that's not even remotely what happened here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Which is a much better score (and less expensive) than the Iraq War, which fomented billions for Bush's "cronies".

"I'll choose More Americans with Health Care Coverage over More Dead American Soldiers for the block, Wink."

Obviously, GOPers don't like things "shoved down their throats" given their rampant anti-gay hatred and general approval of forced pregnancies for rape victims...

[/QUOTE]

The you are wronger quip is useless mattyycakes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     No Im saying he should have demanded Harry and Nancy at least HEAR the republicans ideas on the floor so the American poeple could have a clearer idea of what was proposed. Instead he created more opposition by shutting half the populas out!!

[/QUOTE]

He did hear them.

Their ideas mostly sukkked or had minimal impact. 

Except for the ones he borrowed from GOPers of old, like Romney(care), before they ran screaming and teabagging away from their own good governance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

The you are wronger quip is useless mattyycakes!

[/QUOTE]

Not as useless as you and your lies, tvagina.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had argued for a more incremental approach to health reform. "I begged him not to do this," he later recalled.

I'd argue what was passed IS an incremental step.  Medicare for all is where we should be heading.

It's high time for the private insurers to go the way of the dodo. Some things, namely healthcare, education and the government itself, shouldn't be run as a business. Should they be efficient and cost-effective? Of course! But their primary purpose should be their missions and not generating profit for shareholders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Insurance mandates were a republican idea.  Market exchanges were a republican idea.  Obama even put tort reform on the table in the SOTU, but no republicans came to the table.  They just wanted to 'push the reset button' which meant stall as long as possible.

Whatever you think of Obamacare, more people will be covered, which means lives will be saved.  Think about it - are you more likely to get sick and lose coverage or be killed by a terrorist?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Insurance mandates were a republican idea.  Market exchanges were a republican idea.  Obama even put tort reform on the table in the SOTU, but no republicans came to the table.  They just wanted to 'push the reset button' which meant stall as long as possible.

Whatever you think of Obamacare, more people will be covered, which means lives will be saved.  Think about it - are you more likely to get sick and lose coverage or be killed by a terrorist?

[/QUOTE]

In there commitment to obstructionism the GOP seems to have completely lost sight of the fact that Obamacare isn't just a political issue but that it actually has real life human implications.  When Romney says "I will repeal Obamacare day 1" he is literally threatening the health, safety and security of millions of Americans. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you get any more general with those comments Matty? Extreme generalities as evidence, I thought you were smarter.....? That post reeked of Chris Mathews or the Huffington Post.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to newman09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can you get any more general with those comments Matty? Extreme generalities as evidence, I thought you were smarter.....? That post reeked of Chris Mathews or the Huffington Post.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta keep it blunt...no sharp objects for most of this crowd.  But if you want to throw down, then have at it...

But then it's hard to get specific with anecdotal opinion polls from people who have little idea what they're talking about.  On a issue-by-issue basis, most americans like the provisions of the ACA - specifically those who didn't have insurance before, i.e., kind of the point of it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Gotta keep it blunt...no sharp objects for most of this crowd. 

[/QUOTE]

Why stick around here Matty if you feel you're so superior and you need to keep things simple for the rest of us...please, pompous ***!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The good news is Obama is toast in Ohio! I have friends there that are creating a bonanza of a grassroots campaign and it just keeps getting bigger!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why stick around here Matty if you feel you're so superior and you need to keep things simple for the rest of us...please, pompous ***!!

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I haven't been, lately.  Busy with work.  Also, I got tired of people who don't understand concepts like the political spectrum or recent u.s. history (much less basic science and arithmetic). 

But I can see not much has changed, either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I haven't been, lately.  Busy with work.  Also, I got tired of people who don't understand concepts like the political spectrum or recent u.s. history (much less basic science and arithmetic). 

But I can see not much has changed, either.

[/QUOTE]

More than likely tired of people telling you how full of it you are.