Where's Airborne?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

Where's Airborne?

Sorry, I've been away for a while, what happened to everyone's favorite manic-depressive?

Grounded and lost his band-width for a month?

Spring Break MIA?

Running for mayor, and has gone underground?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Re: Where's Airborne?

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

He and Pinkie went on an epic catfighting bender. Then they agreed to meet up. Pinkie told airborne what he looked like, but not vice versa. The meeting didn't happen but both posted receipts purporting to show that they were both in the same restaurant at the same general time.

Maybe someone ordered, hid in the bathroom, paid, and left. Maybe airborne just plain wussed out.

I can't say I miss three paragraph posts full of "BWWWWWAAAA whackowingnuts!!!! fvktard fvktard wingnut  IDIOT!!!!!!!"

Then again endless pedantic spitballing from the other is hardly the far cry better.

Come on man!  You loved it!  I sure did and I miss the guy.  I like to think he and I went at it as much as pinkie.  Airborne is a smart dude......no doubt about that.  Keeping the anger in check may have been a bit of an issue.

Wish he would come back.  Everyone should be able to play and NOBODY should be taking on the editing (post removal) themselves.  All should be heard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

He and Pinkie went on an epic catfighting bender. Then they agreed to meet up. Pinkie told airborne what he looked like, but not vice versa. The meeting didn't happen but both posted receipts purporting to show that they were both in the same restaurant at the same general time.

Maybe someone ordered, hid in the bathroom, paid, and left. Maybe airborne just plain wussed out.

I can't say I miss three paragraph posts full of "BWWWWWAAAA whackowingnuts!!!! fvktard fvktard wingnut  IDIOT!!!!!!!"

Then again endless pedantic spitballing from the other is hardly the far cry better.

Come on man!  You loved it!  I sure did and I miss the guy.  I like to think he and I went at it as much as pinkie.  Airborne is a smart dude......no doubt about that.  Keeping the anger in check may have been a bit of an issue.

Wish he would come back.  Everyone should be able to play and NOBODY should be taking on the editing (post removal) themselves.  All should be heard.

You 're a good guy !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well said..! I too agree that Airborne was very smart..just needed to keep the anger in check. No one really ever listens to someone who yells all the time.

What is with all the deleted posts? As someone doesn't check in all the time..I find myself more curious about what the deleted posts were. I agree. All should be heard. We are all adults and can choose to simply ignore the comments we don't like..so perhaps the reason for the stricter moderation lies elsewhere...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I actually have a great deal of respect for Pinkie for taking this tact. Nothing calls out an "internet tough guy" more than an offer to pick a time and place. Sadly..for some..these online forums are nothing more than an outlet for them ..an opportunity to be aggressive..or even passive agressive where they wouldn't dare to be in "real life".  The anonymity makes them all brave..lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

You 're a good guy !

Thank you my even tempered friend.  Happy Easter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Feel better now? : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I actually have a great deal of respect for Pinkie for taking this tact. Nothing calls out an "internet tough guy" more than an offer to pick a time and place. Sadly..for some..these online forums are nothing more than an outlet for them ..an opportunity to be aggressive..or even passive agressive where they wouldn't dare to be in "real life".  The anonymity makes them all brave..lol.

Well stated!  Pinkie really stepped up.  And.....call me crazy, but I don`t think pink was going there looking for trouble.  I think pink is the type that went to buy airborne a beer and say "hey calm down a bit dude, it ain`t worth it".   Pink seems like a guy that doesn`t take an anonymous message board too seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

tacobreath ..... Happy Easter to you and your family ....... and keep your hands off your kids candy !

btw Red Sox start for real Monday !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

tacobreath ..... Happy Easter to you and your family ....... and keep your hands off your kids candy !

When`s the last Opening Day you went to?  I haven`t been in 10 years.  We used to drink alot back then so it was fun to be in there with all the other drunks.  Kind of a tradition for many years. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well stated!  Pinkie really stepped up.  And.....call me crazy, but I don`t think pink was going there looking for trouble.  I think pink is the type that went to buy airborne a beer and say "hey calm down a bit dude, it ain`t worth it".   Pink seems like a guy that doesn`t take an anonymous message board too seriously.

Haha..no one..and I mean no one should take these boards seriously. I come here because I enjoy talking politics etc..but most of the people in my life don't. So that's the outlet for me...but I don't take it seriously and over the years have learned to spot the people who really want to have a discussion and those who just want to stir up trouble. I don't mind either really..but I come here for the first and tolerate the latter as a "cost of doing business".

I don't think Pinkie was looking for trouble either. I think he was looking add some sanity to an escalating situation and I think it's too bad airborne didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Who knows what would have happened. Perhaps they would have found they had more in common than they imagined. I know my first preference would always be to deal with people face to face..but short of starting up a political discussion group in real life..I guess this will have to do :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Haha..no one..and I mean no one should take these boards seriously. I come here because I enjoy talking politics etc..but most of the people in my life don't. So that's the outlet for me...but I don't take it seriously and over the years have learned to spot the people who really want to have a discussion and those who just want to stir up trouble. I don't mind either really..but I come here for the first and tolerate the latter as a "cost of doing business".

I don't think Pinkie was looking for trouble either. I think he was looking add some sanity to an escalating situation and I think it's too bad airborne didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Who knows what would have happened. Perhaps they would have found they had more in common than they imagined. I know my first preference would always be to deal with people face to face..but short of starting up a political discussion group in real life..I guess this will have to do :-)

Roger that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

You are correct. I'm 46...my fighting days are long behind me. I suspected in person he isn't the angry guy he acts like online. I totally would have bought him a beer and laughed about all the back and forth posts we had. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

When`s the last Opening Day you went to?  I haven`t been in 10 years.  We used to drink alot back then so it was fun to be in there with all the other drunks.  Kind of a tradition for many years. 

My last Opening Day was in the early 80's .......  My family had 2 season tickets for every Sunday game and every Monday day game for years ..... we sat behind the Sox dougout but up far enough to be protected from the sun and rain by the deck above us . We use to go to alot of the second games of the seasons also .... nobody was there and we use to get Skyview seats .

"Drunk" ..... I was like Foster Brooks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8CpIg2fvU

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

My last Opening Day was in the early 80's .......  My family had 2 season tickets for every Sunday game and every Monday day game for years ..... we sat behind the Sox dougout but up far enough to be protected from the sun and rain by the deck above us . We use to go to alot of the second games of the seasons also .... nobody was there and we use to get Skyview seats .

Foster Brooks is a classic!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

We try and get to 4-5 games per season.  Really hard to get tix and ridiculously expensive. I`m old sis.........I`m waiting until June/July to be assured some warm temps at "Friendly Fenway"

You gotta get at least one of those watered-down drafts for 9 bucks. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

We try and get to 4-5 games per season.  Really hard to get tix and ridiculously expensive. I`m old sis.........I`m waiting until June/July to be assured some warm temps at "Friendly Fenway"

You gotta get at least one of those watered-down drafts for 9 bucks. 

I don't go anymore ....... I watched them on TV all by myself ...... but now that the Pink Hats Days might be coming to an end I might take in a game or two this year ...

btw if I'm sitting next to you and you hear me singing "Sweet Caroline" give me a swift kick in the ......... !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Very interesting thread. 

Quite helpful for those of us who took some time off while this was going on.

One lesson may be for those of us who need to step away from posting is to check in as a viewer. A lot can happen in 4 months apparently and it is not all that easy to get up to speed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts