Which man has the look of confidence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Which man has the look of confidence?

Debt deadlock: Behind the scenes

Couldn't CNN find a better picture of Senator McConnell [Reid my bad]? You'll need to use linke to see Boehner's full photo.

July 27th, 2011
    10:45 PM ET

Debt deadlock: Behind the scenes

Washington (CNN) – There is a growing sense among Democratic and Republican Senate leadership aides that House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, will be able to get enough votes to get his deficit reduction and debt ceiling increase bill passed. And if that happens, says a Senate GOP leadership aide, "the psychology changes overnight."

Republicans argue that a House-passed Boehner plan would then put the onus on Democrats. "If you filibuster Boehner, you filibuster us into default," says one GOP aide. The Democrats see it differently: "Whoever blocks the last thing is the culprit," says a Democratic leadership aide. "And Boehner won't be the last thing."

Right now-as the legislative process continues-there are ongoing backchannel discussions between various congressional leaders hashing out possible avenues to a compromise bill, sources familiar with the talks told CNN. Obviously, the Democrats do not want a second vote on a debt ceiling increase before the election. But there's another concern: the proposed deficit commission. What if it ends in stalemate? What if Republicans appoint no-taxers to the groups. "We could be forced into all-cuts approach and that would be a trap," says one Democratic aide.

Sources close to the negotiations tell CNN that Vice President Joe Biden is very much in the mix of the backchannel conversations that are occurring on a possible fallback position.
    "There is no secret deal waiting in the wings," one of the sources says. "But there are talks with everyone at the moment."

As for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, he, too is engaged in trying to figure out a way forward if neither of the current bills being considered can get enough support to get through both chambers.

McConnell has said he supports the bill pushed by House Speaker John Boehner, but some sources have said if that plan cannot get through the Senate McConnell will be a key person in trying to forge a compromise plan.

One source close to McConnell says he talks with Biden "from time to time," but cautions that "they're not negotiating or working on a deal."

In other words, the source says "they communicate," but "they're not in talks."

Democrats are about to engage in a public call for McConnell to intervene to help find a consensus.

In the Senate a compromise could possibly be attached to or be substituted for the Boehner bill if it does pass the House.

"We need McConnell to step up and give the big boy talk to the Republicans," says the Democratic source. Get ready to hear a lot of that from Democrats soon.

McConnell, by nature, seems to relish that role. "We are going to have to get back together and get a solution here. We cannot get a perfect solution, from my point of view, controlling only the House of Representatives. So I am prepared to accept something less than perfect because perfect is not achievable," McConnell told reporters Tuesday.

One idea Democrats are talking about – as a way to circumvent their problems with a commission – is to propose, if this special panel doesn't produce a deficit reduction package, then there would be an automatic vote on the so-called "Gang of Six" bipartisan $3.7 trillion plan, the Democratic source told CNN. That outline includes major spending cuts, entitlement reforms and revenue increases. It's the Democratic insurance policy that revenues would be part of any solution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Which man has the look of confidence?

Thats not Reid, its McConnell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Which man has the look of confidence?:
    Thats not Reid, its McConnell.
    Posted by UserName99

My bad typing without thinking.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Boehner's full photo.

About ready to cry not a look of confidence. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Which man has the look of confidence? : This guy certainly has the "look of confidence"
    Posted by jmel

What's that he's smoking?  Look closely, and tell me you have seen a cigarete that thick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

jmel,

Is that Obama @ Harvard?

Never did understand how he got in...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Reagan Is All Ears

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Which man has the look of confidence? : I used to smoke. Camel Wides and Camel Light Wides. They're about 1 1/2 the thickness of a normal cig, at least. But there's no filter and the edges are wrinkled. I'd go with "nice fat joint"
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Guess what kind i once smoked. And the only reason i started on that brand was because they tasted good AFTER a doobie LMLAO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Is bow-ner gonna cry again?

Really? The question is who looks better? Can the republicanuts be more superficial??? hey, Palin is hot. Lets vote her in!!! 

No wonder we are fckd.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Which man has the look of confidence? : Yes,...........tears of Victory.
    Posted by jmel

Victory for who?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

you buffoons elected him ...twice

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Funny, the guy I was laughing at for a look of no confidence is one of the key architects of the deal, go figure.

From Sunday night AP story on BDC

At the end, though, McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden provided a negotiating channel to get the deal completed, including a last-minute standoff over the impact of spending cuts on the Pentagon budget.

Sections
Shortcuts