Who do you think is running the USA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Who do you think is running the USA?

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

The washington establishment is so overun and enriched by lobbiest that even those that show up to create real change (Obama) get run over by the established and either conform or are quickly stripped of any real power.

I blame corporations but, I blame the politicans for sellling us out more!

The "washington establishment" is Republican and Democrat parties!!

Not one side more or less than the other.

The Washington establishment includes all the government workers, particularly the ones in the 7 counties surrounding D.C., which are in the top 10 richest counties in the country, and all 7 of which voted for Obama.

you think those government workers are voting on their ideology or their paychecks? Remember 7 of the top 10 richest counties.

They pale in significance compared to the influence of multinational corporations that have billions of dollars available to influence political, economic and social policy and ideas. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

The washington establishment is so overun and enriched by lobbiest that even those that show up to create real change (Obama) get run over by the established and either conform or are quickly stripped of any real power.

I blame corporations but, I blame the politicans for sellling us out more!

The "washington establishment" is Republican and Democrat parties!! 

Not one side more or less than the other.

The Washington establishment includes all the government workers, particularly the ones in the 7 counties surrounding D.C., which are in the top 10 richest counties in the country, and all 7 of which voted for Obama. 

you think those government workers are voting on their ideology or their paychecks? Remember 7 of the top 10 richest counties.

[QUOTE]

They pale in significance compared to the influence of multinational corporations that have billions of dollars available to influence political, economic and social policy and ideas. 

The difference to me is corporations are doing what they think they need to in order to make money; I think they are often unethical and at times illegal but, they are NOT sworn in to office and swear to protect the US citizens and defend the constitution like elected offials are!!

The are 10's of thousands of corporate lobbiest!

There are 100 senators and 435 congressmen. These 535 individuals are if only by shear numbers the problem and holding them accountible is the only solution!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

"My first guess would be the cats.

They literally do nothing all day and are very well-cared for.  They dominate the internet, refuse to come when called, kill anything cuter or more cuddly than them, and destroy everything we have at the slightest provocation."

Actually, it sounds like he is referring to our government/main-stream-media, not cats,  with Obama at the helm.

Obama and the media run the country, sad but true, and at this point in time they have the power to basically squelch any opposition.

We get what we voted for, not me personally, but the country voted him in, and allowed the media to run rampant with him.

All I can do is take care of my own, and hope the American people figure it out soon.

I still claim he is the worst President ever, an enemy to the constitution, and a pretty lousy human being because he's let all of this crap go to his head. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to doozy-day's comment:

They literally do nothing all day and are very well-cared for.  They dominate the internet, refuse to come when called, kill anything cuter or more cuddly than them, and destroy everything we have at the slightest provocation."

Actually, it sounds like he is referring to our government/main-stream-media, not cats,  with Obama at the helm.

Obama and the media run the country, sad but true, and at this point in time they have the power to basically squelch any opposition.

We get what we voted for, not me personally, but the country voted him in, and allowed the media to run rampant with him.

All I can do is take care of my own, and hope the American people figure it out soon.

I still claim he is the worst President ever, an enemy to the constitution, and a pretty lousy human being because he's let all of this crap go to his head. 

Sure.  The progressive conspiracy rules all...  It controls the government, the media, the schools and the Boston Red Sox.  Black helicopters hover above ready to take you off to the death panels of Obamacare.  Bye, bye.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

Sure.  The progressive conspiracy rules all...  It controls the government, the media, the schools and the Boston Red Sox.  Black helicopters hover above ready to take you off to the death panels of Obamacare.  Bye, bye.

What are you talking about?  I was making a legitimate comparison, but you're rush to insult someone that ridicules the messiah took over your brain again.

The president and Congress spend all day doing nothing, or next to nothing, they never get anything passed, and they are the most pampered governement entity going.

Do you deny any of this?

The media rules the internet, at least the news portion of the internet, and their strings are pulled by the WH.

Do you deny the MSM is in the tank for the current administration?

Obama goes after anything that is against his agenda, just sheep like yourself are too blind to realize any of this.

C'mon, your turn to call me racist.........wait for it......c'mon.......it's your duty to do it!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

What are you talking about?  I was making a legitimate comparison, but you're rush to insult someone that ridicules the messiah took over your brain again.

The president and Congress spend all day doing nothing, or next to nothing, they never get anything passed, and they are the most pampered governement entity going.

Do you deny any of this?

The media rules the internet, at least the news portion of the internet, and their strings are pulled by the WH.

Obama goes after anything that is against his agenda, just sheep like yourself are too blind to realize any of this.

C'mon, your turn to call me racist.........wait for it......c'mon.......it's your duty to do it!

He's just another cog in "The Machine" protecting his vested interests over everyone elses. .

I get it, and right now we (as a group) can only do so much with four more years of rampant spending, trillion dollar defecits, debt ceiling to the moon, bully-pulpit tactics, and an economy that is about as healthy as dick Cheney before he went on his diet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Do you deny any of this?

You are the one that bought up inane conspiracy theories to explain reality.  Be prepared to e ridiculed for it.  Using the term "Messiah" for Obama shows that you are a right wing ideologue with little intelligent to say.  No one who is liberal uses that silly talk.  The White House rules the internet?  Well, than the black helicopters are coming your way.  You are posting on the internet!  Are you racist?  Not sure.  But you are certainly an idiot ideologue.  Off to the death panel for you!  You will know you are there when you see the picture of Obama with the Hitler moustache.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That's conspiracy theory talk.  And its just an excuse for the viewers who purport to take them at their word.

Media entities are corporations, too, or did you forget?  They're in their business to make money like anyone else.  Newscorp, Viacom, etc. are commercial enterprises.

Blaming the media is the last resort of a literal mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Blaming the media is the last resort of a literal mind. 

Hmm, Obama said the media will determine how the economic discussions depending on how they report it.

Is he a literal minded?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Bush is in control and to blame for all that is wrong....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Does the GOP have control?

Or the Dems?

Where does Obama fit in?

Who should answer for the mess we are in?

No one is in control; this is Obama's chance to negotiate a divided government like Bill Clinton. Bill did it quietly which lead to his success; this WH is already claiming credit for the Senate immigration proposal.

Well, Obama did win the WH in large part because the GOP so thoroughly alienated the Hispanic vote.  So yes, I would say that Obama's appeal to Hispanics has forced the GOP to stop demonizing Hispanics if they don't want to become a party of a few old, cranky white dudes.  Assuming they also plan to stop talking about how a woman's reproduction system responds to rape.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

i know who isn't running this country......hard working, fiscally responsible, tax paying, property and business owning people who get married have kids and behave responsibly......we are the minority and have officially lost all influence.

our best days are behind us....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

i know who isn't running this country......hard working, fiscally responsible, tax paying, property and business owning people who get married have kids and behave responsibly......we are the minority and have officially lost all influence.

our best days are behind us....

At least you aren't acting like a victim.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Does the GOP have control?

Or the Dems?

Where does Obama fit in?

Who should answer for the mess we are in?

No one is in control; this is Obama's chance to negotiate a divided government like Bill Clinton. Bill did it quietly which lead to his success; this WH is already claiming credit for the Senate immigration proposal.

Well, Obama did win the WH in large part because the GOP so thoroughly alienated the Hispanic vote.  So yes, I would say that Obama's appeal to Hispanics has forced the GOP to stop demonizing Hispanics if they don't want to become a party of a few old, cranky white dudes.  Assuming they also plan to stop talking about how a woman's reproduction system responds to rape.

Obama won because more people voted for him.  The Hispanic vote issue is being way over played. 16% of the population might be strategic, but in and of itself, that 16% doesn't win the election.

The republicans are abosolutely insane to chase this strawman thrown up by the left.  Bush was the ultimate republican hispanic oriented president:  He spoke spanish extremely well (bet you diodn't know that), spoke to latino audiences in spanish, was pro amnesty, pro open borders, and still, he got only 40% of the hispanic vote.