Who is funding ISIS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Who is funding ISIS?

I'm bettig it was the Saudis or maybe Kuwait, but probably the Saudis.  Of course, since ISIS raided the central Bank of Iraq and one of the armories, they no longer need outside funding, but I'm guessing the Saudis want Maliki and company out of power.

Suddenly, Saddam doesn't seem like such a bad option.

Invading Iraq will stand as the single worst foreign Policy blunder by any country ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Who is funding ISIS?

Vice-President Biden had the following to say about Iraq in 2010:

"I am very optimistic about-about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer.

"You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government. I spent-I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months-three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society.

"It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"I am very optimistic about-about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer.

"You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government. I spent-I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months-three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society.

"It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

And now it's 2014.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And now it's 2014.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is 2014, and the disastrous failure of Obama's foreign policy is seen all over the world. Including Iraq.

Surprised you clueless liberals wouldnt blame "Gitmo" for ISIS ............

And the Saudis and Kuwait and all their oil money and influence...is waning due solely to the US energy boom miracle of fracking...which will make the US energy independent soon...unless you liberals succeed in killing fracking....how stupid is that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm bettig it was the Saudis or maybe Kuwait, but probably the Saudis.  Of course, since ISIS raided the central Bank of Iraq and one of the armories, they no longer need outside funding, but I'm guessing the Saudis want Maliki and company out of power.

Invading Iraq will stand as the single worst foreign Policy blunder by any country ever.

[/QUOTE]

I'm betting the guy running ISIS was released from Gitmo by Obama's executive order. Just a guess, mind you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Kellogg Brown and Root

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm betting the guy running ISIS was released from Gitmo by Obama's executive order. Just a guess, mind you.

[/QUOTE]

sorry ronnie you are mistaken .... the guy who you are thinking of is named bin Qumu and he was set free by Bush in 07 and he isn't the leader of the ISIS he is the guy who had a hand in the attack in Benghazi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to 8101956's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry ronnie you are mistaken .... the guy who you are thinking of is named bin Qumu and he was set free by Bush in 07 and he isn't the leader of the ISIS he is the guy who had a hand in the attack in Benghazi

[/QUOTE]

Why are they letting go of any of these people? Answer that and you'll find out who you can biiitch about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bush set him free to his discredit; of course at the time the loony Left was pressuring the US to release all the Gitmo prisoners because they were "tortured" (didnt get HBO on their cable TV package)  , and besides, they were all "innocent farmers", per the ACLU...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are they letting go of any of these people? Answer that and you'll find out who you can biiitch about.

[/QUOTE]

Should every single detainee be kept in Gitmo forever ...... some are innocent some are not .....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bush set him free to his discredit; of course at the time the loony Left was pressuring the US to release all the Gitmo prisoners because they were "tortured" (didnt get HBO on their cable TV package)  , and besides, they were all "innocent farmers", per the ACLU...

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't everyone deserve their day is court ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Should every single detainee be kept in Gitmo forever ...... some are innocent some are not .....

[/QUOTE]

They should be given some kind of hearing quickly to sort out the innocent from the guilty. That is already a lost cause. It was a big mistake not to do that quickly. The guilty should only be let go when the conflict is over. If there is conflict going on and there is a chance they will join it, they should be detained. Doesn't matter when, they can die of old age in prison if we are at war with them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems like I was right.  Huh.  Go figure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657231/Revealed-Obama-RELEASED-warlord-head-ISIS-extremist-army-five-years-ago.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  This is war, not some traffic accident.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keeping them detained in Gitmo forever is a couple days shy of perfect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, foreign enemy combatants captured on the battlefield are akin to prisoners of war, and do not get the benefit of United States civil courts.

At least they are still alive, unlike the several thousand killed by drone strikes personally ordered by President Obama, including four Americans, without trial.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and suddenly Khaddafy, Assad, Mubarek don't look so bad either.

Nothing like taking one mistake and stacking on some more to turn a bad situation into chaos.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nothing like taking one mistake and stacking on some more to turn a bad situation into chaos.

[/QUOTE]

We provided minimal support in Libya, significantly less in Syria, and all Obama did about Egypt was give a speech.

We really didn't do much at all... 

[/QUOTE]

Right, remember Obama's "Arab Spring"; it was all going to be peaches and cream; after all, Obama's Dad was Muslim, so the Middle East would all sing kumbaya and worship Obama like the brain-dead US left did; after all, Al Qaeda only existed due to Gitmo, and it was all George Bush's fault...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, foreign enemy combatants captured on the battlefield are akin to prisoners of war, and do not get the benefit of United States civil courts.

At least they are still alive, unlike the several thousand killed by drone strikes personally ordered by President Obama, including four Americans, without trial.

[/QUOTE]

You use the term foreign enemy combatants , are these combatants that you speak of lawful enemy combatants or unlawful enemy combatants ?

As for the use of drones all I can say it's better to use a drone strike then to put our soldiers in harm's way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You use the term foreign enemy combatants , are these combatants that you speak of lawful enemy combatants or unlawful enemy combatants ?

As for the use of drones all I can say it's better to use a drone strike then to put our soldiers in harm's way.

[/QUOTE]

So it is better to use a drone strike, after you also say everyone deserves their day in court. Well, which is it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

And now Wolfowitz says we should treat Iraq like SK and never leave (I guess?), and also attack Syria to prove we're "serious."

Gee it's as if he doesn't realize he's one of the prime movers in creating this running catastrophe.

[/QUOTE]

Iraq was won. It took Obama to lose it....

‘We’re Leaving Behind A Stable And Self-Reliant Iraq’
    Obama, November 1, 2012

“I am very optimistic about — about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government,” said Biden.

“I spent — I’ve been there 17 times now. I go about every two months — three months. I know every one of the major players in all of the segments of that society. It’s impressed me. I’ve been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

How inept is the Obama team?

Today

Mosul has fallen to Al Qaeda

Tikrit has fallen to Al Qaeda

Baghdad is falling to Al Qaeda.

Liberals constantly repeat the phrase “It happened on Bush’s watch.” Well, guess what. This is happening on Obama’s watch. It’s his. He owns it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We provided minimal support in Libya, significantly less in Syria, and all Obama did about Egypt was give a speech.

We really didn't do much at all... 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we did nothing compared to Iraq, but sometimes doing nothing is a mistake. And doing something could be a lot less than getting 200,000 troops and a few $trillion. 

Certainly we abandoned Mubarack the way we abandoned the Shah of Iran. Of course that doesn't mean they would have stayed in power but the whole concept of "Arab Spring" has proven to be a joke. 

Then what have we chosen to do is questionnable. Arming terrorists in Syria? That's wicked smaht!. Gee that couldn't be the same group lopping off heads in Iraq could it? 

And now Obama is talking to Iran about their nuclear program and is basically handing them the bomb either directly or just by giving them time to do the job while talking. Another wicked smaht move.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So it is better to use a drone strike, after you also say everyone deserves their day in court. Well, which is it?

[/QUOTE]

Captured combatants deserve the right to face their accusers . In the field the enemy is the enemy and there should be no holds barred .

I have a feeling that you just hate all moderates and you don't have a clue about what you are talking about .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

You never did get the difference between an enemy active on the battlefield, and an enemy locked in a cage.

[/QUOTE]

You have it exactly wrong...

The prisoners in Gitmo were almost all captured on the battlefield.

The drone strikes are not used on a battlefield, but are delivered to homes to kill the suspect, their families, and anyone else unlucky enough to be in the immediate area... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You never did get the difference between an enemy active on the battlefield, and an enemy locked in a cage.

[/QUOTE]

You have it exactly wrong...

The prisoners in Gitmo were almost all captured on the battlefield.

The drone strikes are not used on a battlefield, but are delivered to homes to kill the suspect, their families, and anyone else unlucky enough to be in the immediate area... 

[/QUOTE]

What does the battlefield look like ?