Who will be our next new senator?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: Who will be our next new senator?

Mike Capuano

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

On the one hand, the State Senate should pick the person to temporarily fill a vacant senate seat.  It's more democratic.

On the other hand, the reason why a governor should pick the person to temporarily fill the senate seat is that the Governor can do it faster.  Since the argument for filling the temporary seat is that the state needs the representation of 2 senators, it makes more sense for the Governor to do it.

In other words, it's a matter of balancing the need for 2 senators vs the need for the senator to reflect the political make up of the state.  Basically, let the Gov do it if he's a democrat otherwise let it fall to the Senate.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I don't know, who's the next government teat-sucking Harvard leftist hack in line for the job?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, who's the next government teat-sucking Harvard leftist hack in line for the job?

[/QUOTE]

RUBIE !!!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't go to Harvard.  My Dad forbade applying to it: too darn liberal.  I didn't disagree at the time.  We both changed thereafter.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: the Mass. congressional delegation, I believe Capuano might be next in line for the upper chamber, but nothing would really surprise me.

Maybe Barney Frank will get bored and take a shot....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GreginMeffa that is politics and it is played in every statehouse in Union . For the statement that the dems are just fine with it how about the gerrymandering which is also common practice that GOP governors got throught GOP controlled statehouses to ensure the protection of GOP incumbents and which endangers Democratic elected officials at the federal and state levels.

[/QUOTE]

Please show me another example of a state legislature changing the powers of the executive branch dependent on the governor's party.

[/QUOTE]

That is the only example that I ever heard of.

What is your opinion of the gerrymandering by GOP controlled statehouses throught out the country and the GOP's efforts of voters suppression in states controlled by the GOP ?

What is your opinion of (R) Mike Turzau the House Leader of Pennsylvania who stated the reason behind the voter ID law in his state was to give Romney Pennsylvania ? Is that fair ? 

IMO your are the pot calling the kettle black ! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

GreginMeffa that is politics and it is played in every statehouse in Union . For the statement that the dems are just fine with it how about the gerrymandering which is also common practice that GOP governors got throught GOP controlled statehouses to ensure the protection of GOP incumbents and which endangers Democratic elected officials at the federal and state levels.

[/QUOTE]

Please show me another example of a state legislature changing the powers of the executive branch dependent on the governor's party.

[/QUOTE]

That is the only example that I ever heard of.

What is your opinion of the gerrymandering by GOP controlled statehouses throught out the country and the GOP's efforts of voters suppression in states controlled by the GOP ?

What is your opinion of (R) Mike Turzau the House Leader of Pennsylvania who stated the reason behind the voter ID law in his state was to give Romney Pennsylvania ? Is that fair ? 

IMO your are the pot calling the kettle black ! 

[/QUOTE]

If you think Gerrymandering is unique to the GOP, there's this bridge...

This is Massachusetts ya know, we invented the term!

I know nothing about a rep in PA, and its BS, but it is not in the ballpark.

You know what would happen if our legislature put in the Mass constitution that the Governor has these certain powers only if he is a Democrat, otherwise those powers don't exist?

SCOTUS would tear them to shreds, that's what.

I mean, you MIGHT be able to defend their remiving the power after 200 years ONCE, but IMMEDIATELY giving it back the instant the Governor has a D next to his name???

Its fr1ggin unfathomable and illegal if anyone had the balls to say WT-F

[/QUOTE]

Greg I agree with you but both sides I believe are RAT FINKS !

I also believe in term limits for all politicians , I believe in public financing of campaigns , I believe in the Fairness Doctrine and I believe that being a state or federal judge shouldn't be a life time appointment.

If we want to get corruption out of politics lets get the culture of money out of politics.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

This is not a democracy, and so long as you think executive power should be dependent on the party of the executive, I know all I need to.

Have a nice day.

[/QUOTE]

To summarize: if you don't like the result of the democratic action it is not democracy.  Sure.  That makes sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree that it was a bad move by the dems to take the power away from the Governor..just because he was a republican. Of course...it was poetic justice that Brown won the special election..should have taught them a lesson.

[/QUOTE]

Democrats are beyond learning.