Who will be our next new senator?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Who will be our next new senator?

In response to kelldog1's comment:

Mike Capuano

I guess we just found out you are a union thug.

GOTTA GET A LITTLE BLOODY SOMETIMES!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Re: Who will be our next new senator?

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

This is not a democracy, and so long as you think executive power should be dependent on the party of the executive, I know all I need to.

Have a nice day.

To summarize: if you don't like the result of the democratic action it is not democracy.  Sure.  That makes sense.

Swing and a miss.

A.  If the governor is a republican, its ok to leave us with one senator.  If the governor is a democrat, it is unthinkable to leave us with one senator.

B.  The rationale behind stripping Romney of the power was that only the people shoud EVER select a senator, interim or otherwise. 

Democratic state Rep. J. James Marzilli Jr. told the Boston Globe in 2004, "It's ridiculous. We choose senators and members of Congress in elections. We shouldn't let politicians make those choices for us." The article added that Marzilli "was unconcerned" about leaving the seat vacant until the special election.

Senate President Robert E. Travaglini said, according to the Globe , "We have always felt that this position is significant enough that no one person should make that determination. It should be decided by the people."

UNLESS HE IS A DEMOCRAT.  THEN, EVERYTHING WE JUST SAID WERE COMPLETE AND UTTER LIES.

And a very special type of fool to get down with it as just fine and democracy in action.

Saran Wap

Sections
Shortcuts