Who would you rather have as President?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]

Its amazing where you morons get your information, watching too much Fox news is bad for your mental health.

Oh and by the way, those killed in the terrorist attacks were killed on Bush's watch not Clintons, Richard Clark spent months trying to tell Bush about Osamas pland but he did not want to hear it.

Bill Clintion was one of the BEST presidents this country ever had, if the right wing morons weren't so busy trying to get him and his wife on every singel scandal they could think of and failing at everyone of them i might add. Everytime Clintion tried to do something overseas he was accused of "wagging the dog" trying to avert attention from the scandals the right wing religious nut jobs were creating.

More jobs were created in his first term than any in 40 YEARS, he balanced the budget for the first time since the last democrat LBJ did it. Every single proposal he put forth he had it payed for WITHOUT RAISING TAXES ON THE MIDDLE CLASS. He kept Saddam at bay with the no fly zones over Iraq which isolated him. Bombed Baghdad when Saddam threatened to kill bush senior.

He sent crusie missles into Afghanastan I believe in response to the Cole bombing. He stopped the sensless slaughter of muslims in the old Yugoslavia ( Opps forgot we hate all muslims so we should have let them be slaughtered) not since WWII has so many been systematically exterminated and he wasn't going to stand for it.

He tried to make Somalia a safer place, of course after what happened in mogadishu the right wing made a furor over it and made him pull out the troops, just like the right wing did with Ronald Reagan when our troops were slaughterd in Lebanon Reagan put his tail between his legs and ran. Afraid what that might have done to his popularity.

When Bill Clinton left office the US had the biggest surpluses in 45 years, more people were working since the end of WWII, the stock market was soaring, job securty was an actuality not just a rumor. So please, look back at the first Bush's term (1) and see how bad it was with the soaring deficits left by Reagan and the unemployment counts. [/Quote]

Yes he did create a surplus....of course he did it as a result of instituting the second highest tax increase this country has ever had. Who COULDN'T create a surplus doing THAT....Hahahahahahahaha. Here's a clue, a huge surplus means the people were OVER-taxed. Sure all those jobs were created....again due to great timing. He inherited an economy that was on the upswing. Didn't matter who was in office at that time. Um Saddam was really never a threat so not sure why you even bring him up. Talk about nothing.
    Sure the attacks happened on Bush's watch. And he's at fault. But the planning and infiltration to this country by the hijackers happened on Clinton's watch. See unlike you I put blame on BOTH.
    I don't watch FOX but you obviously get your talking points from moveon. Good luck with that!!! Hahahahahaha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SNAPPA52. Show SNAPPA52's posts

[Quote]

Yes he did create a surplus....of course he did it as a result of instituting the second highest tax increase this country has ever had. Who COULDN'T create a surplus doing THAT....Hahahahahahahaha. Here's a clue, a huge surplus means the people were OVER-taxed. Sure all those jobs were created....again due to great timing. He inherited an economy that was on the upswing. Didn't matter who was in office at that time. Um Saddam was really never a threat so not sure why you even bring him up. Talk about nothing.
    Sure the attacks happened on Bush's watch. And he's at fault. But the planning and infiltration to this country by the hijackers happened on Clinton's watch. See unlike you I put blame on BOTH.

Once again it comes to the liberal to set the FACTS straight the HUGH tax increase your speaking of came from Bush senior not Clinton. Please read below if it does not cause any anyurisims in your brain I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself:

One of Clinton's major policy initiatives in his first term was on the American economy. Clinton's economic plan included a major expansion of the existing Earned Income Tax Credit, aimed at working class families just above the poverty line, which helped ensure that it made sense for them to work rather than seek welfare. John F Harris, argues that "this would be prove to be one of the most important and tangible progressive achievements of the Clinton years".[17]
    A major problem with the economy at the time was the issue of the massive deficit and the problem of government spending. In order to address these issues, in August 1993, Clinton signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 which passed Congress without a single Republican vote. It raised taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of taxpayers, while cutting taxes on 15 million low-income families and making tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses.[18] Additionally, it mandated that the budget be balanced over a number of years and the deficit be reduced.[19] This was to be achieved through the implementation of spending restraints

For further reading please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_administration

Or any other biography you may like...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SNAPPA52. Show SNAPPA52's posts

For years Americans have been so disgusted during election seasons always saying that all these "career politicians are the same" and for once we have a candidate that is not only NOT a career politition who hasn't had his hand in the cookie jar for 26 YEARS, so what if he isn't "experienced" who could be for this job?

He's not embolden to special interest groups, I say give him a chance he could not do any worst than what we've just gone through for the last 8 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote][Quote]

Once again it comes to the liberal to set the FACTS straight the HUGH tax increase your speaking of came from Bush senior not Clinton. Please read below if it does not cause any anyurisims in your brain I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself:

One of Clinton's major policy initiatives in his first term was on the American economy. Clinton's economic plan included a major expansion of the existing Earned Income Tax Credit, aimed at working class families just above the poverty line, which helped ensure that it made sense for them to work rather than seek welfare. John F Harris, argues that "this would be prove to be one of the most important and tangible progressive achievements of the Clinton years".[17]

A major problem with the economy at the time was the issue of the massive deficit and the problem of government spending. In order to address these issues, in August 1993, Clinton signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 which passed Congress without a single Republican vote. It raised taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of taxpayers, while cutting taxes on 15 million low-income families and making tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses.[18] Additionally, it mandated that the budget be balanced over a number of years and the deficit be reduced.[19] This was to be achieved through the implementation of spending restraints

For further reading please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_administration

Or any other biography you may like...

[/Quote]

LOL...his overall increase to taxes was the second highest in history. It was not Bush. It was Clinton. Do your homework.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote]Obama, who has more qualifications than Abe Lincoln.

Or McCain, who has early dementia.

Today's military will NOT vote for McShame. He will NOT BACK THEM.

So. who, among you, is enlisting to put their money where their mouth is?

From a USMC veteran! WM type, one each. USMC- Integrated since 1947!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08[/Quote]

Sue,

If you're saying you served in the military, I say thank you for your service. I'm a little old to enlist having been post Vietnam and pre Kuwait while I was in college.

The Obama and honest Abe comprison is just a relevent as the Palin and Teddy Roosevelt (my favorite Prez)comparison. But those were different times and the comparison isn't between Obama and Palin anyway.

I find the statements about McCain and early dementia to be outrageous and they don't add to the debate. The McShame comments imply you really have nothing to say. I'm sorry you're so bitter but based on the people I've spoken with McCain has a lot of support with the troops, 100% of course not, but given the young demographic of our military I'm not surprised that Obama is geting more support than he deserves, but once again that is OK.

McCain/Palin 2008...starting 16 years of service this November.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote] --

Mac,

Very well put. So true, a marketing campaign, unfortunately very well financed and with an organization that really knows how to get out and get it done.

Personally I think he is the biggest fraud and phony to ever hit the American political scene. Let's hope on November 4th the American people see through the sham.
    [/Quote]

How right you guys are, Obama and Patrick an Axelrod production, the Milli Vanilli of politics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManWithNoName. Show ManWithNoName's posts

"BTW, Obama was the only Prez of Harvard Law Review who never reviewed anything or wrote anything to review."

Sadly, this is a recurring theme for Barack Obama.

When this election started, I looked for something that Obama accomplished in the Illinois State Senate to tell me what he was all about. Maybe an important bill he submitted or helped pen.

I found nothing.

I then looked for the same thing in the US Senate.

I found nothing.

I then looked for anything he might have accomlished in the private sector.

I found nothing.

I then found out that he authored an auto-biography about his life growing up. I thought maybe that would tell the American people what he has accomplished.

Again, I found nothing.

How is America supposed to trust this guy with the presidency?

If you were running a business, you would be concerned if a candidtae had held several previous jobs with no tasks/accomplishments to talk about? It would be a pretty short interview.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from windjamer. Show windjamer's posts

As the old saying goes, there is no security unless all is secure. Who do you think is the most experience to secure our country from harm? I would say that John McCain has the most experience than anyone who is running for president. Without security, how could anyone enjoy freedom and democracy. With all the money you have and if there is no security you can't go forward. You must always priorities security before anything else. When you have security then you can concentrate on economy and so forth. As an old veteran, I know that we become irrelevant to the younger generation. For now, lets put everything aside. Lets see who is more experience of securing our country and then we can go to sleep with out worrying who is going to attack us. Paralyzed Veteran of America.