Who's gonna stand with Bob Woodward?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Who's gonna stand with Bob Woodward?

Stand with Woodward as he ends his career.  How can this man every be taken seriously again?  He's the writer that called Wolf Blitzer. 

It's like he has form of dementia.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It is hilarious to see the left pile on to the same reporter that they told the Bush press secretary was beyond reproach when Bush tried the same thing.

It is sad, as well, to see a president stoop to questioning Woodwards mental state. That's so high school. 

But, nothing surpises me about an administration that won't tell us why they were sellignguns to the Mexican drug gangs or why and who pushed the video excuse for Bengazi.

this is the Democrats "nixon presidency".  Watch it unroll.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Woodward said in an interview that he never called it threat.  Even Woodward isn't standing with himself.

you guys are pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Right.  The OP unintentionally begs the question: "Where does Mr. Woodward stand?"

As so often, either the feed is a day late or the foot soldier is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It doesn't look like any respectable journalist or politico is going to stand with Bob Woodward on this.

Make no mistake..this is essentially the end of Bob Woodward's journalism career. He broke a cardinal rule and made the story about himself. I have to wonder what's going on with him as he seems to be relishing the drama and attention.

No one is going to want to speak with Woodward either on or off the record and risk this kind of drama. A journalist with no sources is...well...nothing more than a blogger or an opinion writer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

It doesn't look like any respectable journalist or politico is going to stand with Bob Woodward on this.

Make no mistake..this is essentially the end of Bob Woodward's journalism career. He broke a cardinal rule and made the story about himself. I have to wonder what's going on with him as he seems to be relishing the drama and attention.

No one is going to want to speak with Woodward either on or off the record and risk this kind of drama. A journalist with no sources is...well...nothing more than a blogger or an opinion writer.

Well, I can't disagree more.  Leaving the threat or no threat aside, as I capitulate on that point, look at the pattern of treatment of reporters.  This is like a mini RICO case.  The Obama administration has been outed on bad treatment of the fourth estate, the foot soldiers sweep in and try to discredit Woodwrd, Lanny Davis, and now Jonathan Alter, all liberals, all supportive of the Obama administration.

In the very least, the Obama has an anger problem.  More likely, Obama has done something probably every President wishes he could:  turn the mainstream media into a controlled propaganda machine through intimidation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Well, I can't disagree more.  Leaving the threat or no threat aside, as I capitulate on that point, look at the pattern of treatment of reporters.  This is like a mini RICO case.  The Obama administration has been outed on bad treatment of the fourth estate, the foot soldiers sweep in and try to discredit Woodwrd, Lanny Davis, and now Jonathan Alter, all liberals, all supportive of the Obama administration.

In the very least, the Obama has an anger problem.  More likely, Obama has done something probably every President wishes he could:  turn the mainstream media into a controlled propaganda machine through intimidation.

No one person is as frequently wrong then he who will not admit that he is wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

More likely, Obama has done something probably every President wishes he could:  turn the mainstream media into a controlled propaganda machine through intimidation.

Love it when someone brings up "the mainstream media".

At least come out of your corner to fight.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The only people that will stand will Bob are those who have blind partisan agendas and who don't recognize facts and truth, when they deviate from the reality they would like to beleive.  AT A MINIMUM Woodward oversold an incident that didn't even happen and then tried to martyr himself as the little guy getting crushed by the boot of government over what was a pretty cordial email exchange. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The only people that will stand will Bob are those who have blind partisan agendas and who don't recognize facts and truth, when they deviate from the reality they would like to beleive.  AT A MINIMUM Woodward oversold an incident that didn't even happen and then tried to martyr himself as the little guy getting crushed by the boot of government over what was a pretty cordial email exchange. 

Ah yes, Bob Woodward, the right wing fanatic.

Said nothing of the sort.  What I did say is those who that want to hitch their wagon to the version of events Woodward was selling are pretty much blind partisans.  The proof is there and his own words dispute the claim he made.  If you are referring to the second part of my post, I wasn't alluding to Woodward being a right wing fanatic, I was referring to him trying to position himself on the high ground and as a result was punished for his efforts. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

You're totally off your gourd.  The scenario you describe does not exist.

Woodward implicated himself by crying, "Wolf!"

Never mind that Bob is the very model of a Washingtonian "insider" reporter whose left his urine stain on every hydrant and park bench within a mile of the capitol.

The fact that conservos such as you are jumping to defend a charter-member MSM critter only shows they care about one thing only:

Trying to make the WH look bad.

If only they cared as much about actual governance, the recovery might be stronger.

Pathetic.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

There's actually more agreement here than some want to acknowledge, the some being those either here or in the national media - who are a day behind either with the feed or the delivery who don't see that it's already gone *poof*.  They're spinning cotton candy.

It's like Nnnnnnnnnnnnn(God, I'm having trouble with this)ewtster said...

Yes Bob, we remember you. Sorry that you are feeling somewhat irrelevant. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Right. Woodward, a liberal, who brought down the Nixon administration, who was beyond reproach according to the left for his reporting on Bush, is now a "liability" to the Obama administration, so the long knives come out.

the follow on admissions of bad treatment by Obama on lanny Davis and Jonathan alter, still the left is claiming that this is somehow either a fantasy of the right, or oversold.

crikey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

You're totally off your gourd.  The scenario you describe does not exist.

Woodward implicated himself by crying, "Wolf!"

Never mind that Bob is the very model of a Washingtonian "insider" reporter whose left his urine stain on every hydrant and park bench within a mile of the capitol.

The fact that conservos such as you are jumping to defend a charter-member MSM critter only shows they care about one thing only:

Trying to make the WH look bad.

If only they cared as much about actual governance, the recovery might be stronger.

Pathetic.

Right. So all Obama's little foot soldiers  jumped into action to call Woodward senile and Impotent for no particular reason. 

Face it, this administration's key weapon is intimidation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

Im surprised bob Woodward wasn't called a racist up to now! That's the old stand by. 

No he wasn't but I think he was called washed up a few times though.

Sections
Shortcuts