Why are conservatives letting Bush do nothing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Conservative attacks on Obama continue to increase while we still have a president in office who is doing nothing to address any of the issues at hand.

If a democratic president took a similar stance, the RW would be in full faux outrage as usual.

WE have a real economic crisis which this adminstration is responsible for and a recession it launched. Your silence is deafening, RW

What happened to personal responsibility? If Obama was asserting himself more, you would certainly be whining...but he was right to say there can only be one president at a time. The only thing Bush is seen doing is trying to lay traps and create odious regulations and executive orders.

So, whats the problem, RW.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Have you just woken up from a coma?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hasn't Bush done enough? What else is left for him to f*ck up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

The right wing is more concerned with outlawing abortion than with fiscal conservatism. They gave Bush blank checks for 5 years in Iraq and did just what Darth Cheney told them to. They have long forgotten personal responsibility. and certainly don't want to admit that they have any for this crisis. And Bush is a lame duck, little interest in the job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

Bush is a lame duck at this point. Let him serve out his remaining 2 months an move on.

The current GOP strategy is to hand over the keys to the country to Obama and the Dem. Congress and sit back and wait for the CHANGE. We're already witnessing some of this CHANGE as Obama appoints DC insiders to key cabinet positions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

One of the central tenets of conservatism is "to do nothing". Government is supposed to stay out of the economy so it can naturally adapt to changing conditions. So Bush's deregulation ("do nothing") policies are perfect for this viewpoint. Trouble is, they helped create the problem and are not the solution for the problem. Otherwise everything is going according to plan in Bushland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

President Bush is not a conservative. I am not sure what he is. obama is a far left liberal, that much is clear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]The right wing is more concerned with outlawing abortion than with fiscal conservatism. They gave Bush blank checks for 5 years in Iraq and did just what Darth Cheney told them to. They have long forgotten personal responsibility. and certainly don't want to admit that they have any for this crisis. And Bush is a lame duck, little interest in the job.[/Quote]

What is funny about this whole abortion issue is how hypocritical your party is. You're for killing babies but against the death penalty. So in other words it's ok to kill innocent babies but not guilty murderers. Your party is against war because men and women will die, but you're ok with babies being killed. Does that not seem odd? Anyway, just something to think about. BTW, I'm not for outlawing abortion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Conservative attacks on Obama continue to increase"

What planet you on, PS911??
    Looking at the magazines at the airport yesterday.."Obama and Lincoln" on Newsweek cover, "Obama and FDR" on Time!!!
    The "President elect" really has it tough being "attacked".
    What PS911 really wants is no dissenting viewpoint. "Fairness Doctrine" here we come!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]One of the central tenets of conservatism is "to do nothing". .[/Quote]
    Well, one of the central tenets of liberalism is "to do something".[/

"Doing something" means interfering in business by picking winners and losers... The 'winners' are the politician's friends and campaign contributors...the losers are everyone else.
    Liberalism led to interference with the housing markets, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...so we want to fix our current problems with more of the same government bungling and corruption?

The comparison between Obama and FDR may unfortunately be correct...FDR's liberalism in the 1930s made the Great Depression WORSE, and the country suffered until World War 2.
    Obama's government interventionism policies will do the same...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

This financial crisis did not originate with Bush and it did not get to where it is strictly because of Bush. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank should be removed from their banking committee positions. Could Bush have done more to prevent or lessen it?? Absolutely. Does he even know what is going on or how to handle it?? Nope. I think he is focuisng on packing and has a special clock on his wall counting down the days when he can leave. Obama will likely be asking where that clock is after a few months on the job too. I really feel bad for that guy. Not only is it a horrible job but he is uniquely unqualified and over his head.

PS..I thought you hated it every time Bush acted because he does everything wrong. Which is it, act or do nothing? Either way I think you'd be unhappy. You are always unhappy. If Obama doesn;t do well, will you still be blaming Bush??? With total control of Congress and Obama the dems have nobody to blame for themselves starting Jan 20....when Dems can't blame Republicnas, they ususally just cast blame among themselves. That will be amusing to watch. Again..just like the Dem primary..for some reason, dems don't lead very well, taking responsibility isn't in their nature.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]

"Doing something" means interfering in business by picking winners and losers... The 'winners' are the politician's friends and campaign contributors...the losers are everyone else.
    Liberalism led to interference with the housing markets, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...so we want to fix our current problems with more of the same government bungling and corruption?

The comparison between Obama and FDR may unfortunately be correct...FDR's liberalism in the 1930s made the Great Depression WORSE, and the country suffered until World War 2.
    Obama's government interventionism policies will do the same...[/Quote]

I think it is plain error to blame liberalism for the current economic situation. After all, the conservatives have held sway (for the most part) since Reagan ("government is the problem"). And how do you explain the woes of the car industry: CEOs flying corporate jets to ask for governmental hand-outs.

And there is strong evidence that FDR didn't spend enough during the Depression to improve the economy. it was the massive war spending of WWII that brought us out of the Depression

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from windjamer. Show windjamer's posts

macnh1, it's like damn if you do it, or damn if you don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from windjamer. Show windjamer's posts

PS,
    The winds of change do not always bring prosperity.
    You need to handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pee on it and walk away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]

What is funny about this whole abortion issue is how hypocritical your party is. You're for killing babies but against the death penalty. So in other words it's ok to kill innocent babies but not guilty murderers. Your party is against war because men and women will die, but you're ok with babies being killed. Does that not seem odd? Anyway, just something to think about. BTW, I'm not for outlawing abortion.[/Quote]

It is quite odd, indeed. So, is it any less hypocritical to be anti-choice AND pro-death penalty?

Personally, I support both abortion rights and the death penalty - unwanted fetuses and inconsolably violent criminals are equally terrible wastes of precious resources.

And as for war, there's simply no reason to get rid of America's true national pastime, but it's much like an all-dwarf basketball league - if we can't do it right and for the right reasons, there isn't much point, is there?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]

What is funny about this whole abortion issue is how hypocritical your party is. You're for killing babies but against the death penalty. So in other words it's ok to kill innocent babies but not guilty murderers. Your party is against war because men and women will die, but you're ok with babies being killed. Does that not seem odd? Anyway, just something to think about. BTW, I'm not for outlawing abortion.[/Quote]

Pro-choice is not pro-abortion, you nitwit. It's about keeping the government OUT of private medical decisions. Why are conservatives so intent on interfering in the medical decisions of others. I thought they wanted government out of private lives. That is the biggest hypocrisy of all, that it's okay to interfere in a private decision between a woman and her doctor. The whole "killing babies" thing is especially ironic, since the GOP is anti-abortion (so am I, wish no one ever felt they had to terminate a pregnancy or to have to end one for medical reasons), but they don't give a rat's behind how many Iraqis or Afghans they kill with their bombs.

BTW, I am unenrolled. I have voted Republican on the state level. Not on the Federal level so far, but it could happen, if they keep their hands out of my medical decisions and admit they have no business telling a woman what she can or cannot do with her body.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

ps911fan,

Obama is our president and we're pleased that Obama says "he is united with Bush on the economy" (CNN 11/24). Actually being united with Bush scares the hel! our of me. I'm am pleased to hear he is invoking McCain's economic plan and that he is holding off on his tax increases and will most likely also delay the change in the capital gains tax to ensure people invest in the stock market after December.

My only disappointment is that the only change the change candiadate has brought to the the Whitehouse is no change at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]

It is quite odd, indeed. So, is it any less hypocritical to be anti-choice AND pro-death penalty?

Personally, I support both abortion rights and the death penalty - unwanted fetuses and inconsolably violent criminals are equally terrible wastes of precious resources.

And as for war, there's simply no reason to get rid of America's true national pastime, but it's much like an all-dwarf basketball league - if we can't do it right and for the right reasons, there isn't much point, is there?[/Quote]

At least they are pro-life for innocent babies and pro-death for scumbags who think nothing of taking a life. That at least makes sense. But to be ok with killing innocent babies while letting scumbags live???? Will never understand that line of thinking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"You need to handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pee on it and walk away."

Y'know, Windjamer, there's something oddly profound in that statement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]"You need to handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pee on it and walk away."

Y'know, Windjamer, there's something oddly profound in that statement.[/Quote]

...or profoundly odd....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

Wake up and smell the coffee!! ( how's THAT for a turn of phrase?? :P ) Bush was NEVER a conservative. The republican party is NOT controled by conservatives. The republican party that supported bush right down the line was not conservative. Truth be told, all the above BETRAYED true conservative principles and until and unless that situation is rectified, the GOP is not likely to be a force in US politics for the foreseeable future.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

This abortion thing is highly misunderstood. It's not death vs. life, it's high vs. low population turnover. Republicans are in favor of high population turnover ... more born, once born they die sooner. Democrats are in favor of low population turnover ... fewer born, once born they live longer.

Hence policies that increase birth rates, Republicans favor and Democrats oppose:
    - outlaw abortion
    - abstinence only sex education
    - limited access to birth control for kids

Policies that result in shorter life expectancy, Republicans favor and Democrats oppose:
    - death penalty
    - free access to firearms
    - stupid punative drug policies
    - crushing poverty for a large segment of the population
    - 47 million without health insurance
    - allowing trans fats
    - allowing smoking

Much to be said for the Republican approach. Increased population turnover improves the gene pool more rapidly, improving the species. What an irony Republicans don't believe in the natural selection they are encouraging.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[Quote]

Obama's government interventionism policies will do the same...[/Quote]

"The 'winners' are the politician's friends and campaign contributors...the losers are everyone else"

I can't let this one pass. You normally spew nonsense, but give me a break. I seem to remember Bush appointees doing coke banging hookers with Oil lobbyists. At the same time, Exxon Mobile broke it's own quarterly earnings record 3 times in a row.

What about the Bush cronies he put in charge of FEMA. How many lives were lost due to that decision? Wasn't that guy raising horses in Dubai prior to running FEMA?

If you think this type of stuff is limited to one party or the other, or even liberals vs. conservatives, you're stupid. It goes both ways. That's politics and it always has been.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]

If you think this type of stuff is limited to one party or the other, or even liberals vs. conservatives, you're stupid. It goes both ways. That's politics and it always has been.[/Quote]

ltown, we agree! ...this type of stuff is NOT limited to one party or the other
    The worst thing anyone should want to hear are these words:
    "I am from the government, and I am here to help."

Why, then, do you liberals worship these corrupt incompetent government programs and bailouts?
    Robert Rubin, leader of the the same old gang of Clinton hacks, made tens of millions leading CitiGroup down the toilet...and now we bail CitiGroup out?
    Other Clinton hacks now being appointed by the "change messiah" made fortunes from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae corruption....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]This abortion thing is highly misunderstood. It's not death vs. life, it's high vs. low population turnover. Republicans are in favor of high population turnover ... more born, once born they die sooner. Democrats are in favor of low population turnover ... fewer born, once born they live longer.

Hence policies that increase birth rates, Republicans favor and Democrats oppose:
    - outlaw abortion
    - abstinence only sex education
    - limited access to birth control for kids

Policies that result in shorter life expectancy, Republicans favor and Democrats oppose:
    - death penalty
    - free access to firearms
    - stupid punative drug policies
    - crushing poverty for a large segment of the population
    - 47 million without health insurance
    - allowing trans fats
    - allowing smoking

Much to be said for the Republican approach. Increased population turnover improves the gene pool more rapidly, improving the species. What an irony Republicans don't believe in the natural selection they are encouraging.[/Quote]

Wow. I'm surprised to read something so idiotic from you. Usually you are right on with things.

Sections
Shortcuts