Why Democrats Are Aching to Run Against Jeb Bush

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Why Democrats Are Aching to Run Against Jeb Bush

Nobody said politics was fair....Jeb Bush may have been a great Governor and a great leader, and where the GOP Establishment wants to go if Christie is too tarnished, but the political truth is...

Hillary has the  gender card, but nonetheless will be the Establishment, the failed liberal past, and the GOP needs a fresh face, a DC outsider, a successful Governor to make the case for real change. 

Liberal Peter Beinart nails it in the Atlantic:

"The one Republican presidential candidate who can’t avoid this debate [about the past] is Jeb, a man who is known to the vast majority of Americans only as George W. Bush’s brother. Running him in 2016 is like nominating a close relative of Jefferson Davis as the Democratic Party’s nominee in 1872 or nominating a prominent member of Herbert Hoover’s cabinet to represent the GOP in 1948: It dredges up a past the party desperately needs to transcend.

"The fact that Republican elites are so excited about a Jeb candidacy suggests that they don’t understand how large a shadow George W. Bush still casts over their party. Inside the GOP establishment, the Bushes represent responsible conservatism. But for many other Americans—especially Millennials—they represent economic meltdown and unwinnable war.

"When Bill Clinton ran in 1992, he tried mightily to convince Americans that the negative stereotypes about Democrats left over from Jimmy Carter’s presidency did not apply to him. That’s what Republicans need in 2016—a candidate who scrambles Americans’ stereotypes about the GOP by doing things George W. Bush never would. Right now, for all his flaws, Rand Paul is the only contender really trying.

For Jeb Bush, it’s virtually impossible. You can’t easily Sister Souljah your own brother. [Well said!!]  And if you can’t, as Hillary Clinton’s New America speech showed, you’re walking right into the debate she wants to have."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Why Democrats Are Aching to Run Against Jeb Bush

I think the Dems are chomping at the bit to run against any republican for national office.  It's the state and House level elections that give the fits. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Oh the hilarious irony....

Turdblossom trolls the Dems with wild speculation about Hilary but when the 'favor' is returned, the wingnuts go batshiat beserk.

Ya can't make this stuff up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Jeb Bush has publicly stated that, if elected, he intends to govern like LBJ.

What, governing like Jimmy Carter was already taken?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

wild speculation about Hilary

Heh, all of a sudden it's wrong to delve into the medical history of a female candidate. You can't make this stuff up.

--

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh the hilarious irony....

Turdblossom trolls the Dems with wild speculation about Hilary but when the 'favor' is returned, the wingnuts go batshiat beserk.

Ya can't make this stuff up.

[/QUOTE]

Really? You just did make this stuff up.

i don't see any evidence of the "wing nuts" going bezerklyey.  Most of us don't even like Jeb as a candidate.

On the other hand, the Dems have trotted out every big brother they can to defend the integrity of their sister, Hilary.  

If Hillary can't take this minor heat from a 2nd rate political operative, heat, what can she take?

Or, is this the left, signaling that ANY criticism of Hillary will be met with the female card, the hostile card, the sympathy card? In other words, Hillary is prepared to victim hood her way into the White House.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i don't see any evidence of the "wing nuts" going bezerklyey.  Most of us don't even like Jeb as a candidate.

On the other hand, the Dems have trotted out every big brother they can to defend the integrity of their sister, Hilary.  

If Hillary can't take this minor heat from a 2nd rate political operative, heat, what can she take?

Or, is this the left, signaling that ANY criticism of Hillary will be met with the female card, the hostile card, the sympathy card? In other words, Hillary is prepared to victim hood her way into the White House.

[/QUOTE]

You really think Karl Rove is a 2nd rate political operative??Yikes...I guess you don't know too much about the inner workings of the political system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hillary has the  gender card, but nonetheless will be the Establishment, the failed liberal past, and the GOP needs a fresh face, a DC outsider, a successful Governor to make the case for real change. 

[/QUOTE]

Too funny...because that works out to such an advantage in US politics....sigh..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really think Karl Rove is a 2nd rate political operative??Yikes...I guess you don't know too much about the inner workings of the political system.

[/QUOTE]

We're talking about someone who thinks I'm a liberal. I think ronreganfan has lost it a bit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Check his track record, what has he actually accomplished in the last 10 years?

--

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the 2012 election results expose Rove as 2nd rate?

i guess you don't know about the inner workings of the political system, or the visible workings of the political system.  Heck,you probably think Liz Warren is really a Cherokee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How so?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How so?

[/QUOTE]

Rove got his locked cleaned.  

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11854/biggest-loser-2012-election-karl-rove" rel="nofollow">http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11854/biggest-loser-2012-election-karl-rove

Almost none of the candidates he funded succeeded, and his predictions on Romney missed the mark by a country mile.

That's what makes his 2nd rate: lack of results.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We're talking about someone who thinks I'm a liberal. I think ronreganfan has lost it a bit

[/QUOTE]

So, now you think support of Obamacare, amnesty, and Obama, is not the trampstamp of a liberal?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How so?

[/QUOTE]

Rove got his locked cleaned.  

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11854/biggest-loser-2012-election-karl-rove" rel="nofollow">http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11854/biggest-loser-2012-election-karl-rove" rel="nofollow">http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11854/biggest-loser-2012-election-karl-rove

Almost none of the candidates he funded succeeded, and his predictions on Romney missed the mark by a country mile.

That's what makes his 2nd rate: lack of results.

[/QUOTE]

Wait...you actually expected Romney to beat an incumbent president? Talk about missing the mark by a country mile. Yikes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, now you think support of Obamacare, amnesty, and Obama, is not the trampstamp of a liberal?

[/QUOTE]

Well let's see....I've NEVER posted one thing about amnesty so you have no idea where I sit on that. I never voted for Obama, nor have I ever pledged my undying support for him. As for Obamacare...my arguing against your incorrect statements do not in turn mean I "support" it. It also doesn't mean I don't. And supporting some parts of Obamacare doesn't make one a "liberal". The world, believe it or not, isn't black and white. There are MANY shades of grey.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well let's see....I've NEVER posted one thing about amnesty so you have no idea where I sit on that. I never voted for Obama, nor have I ever pledged my undying support for him. As for Obamacare...my arguing against your incorrect statements do not in turn mean I "support" it.  

[/QUOTE]

This is the second time in the last few days where Ron has shown the inability to follow a thread/understand who he's talking to.

[/QUOTE]

I've come to notice, with ronregan, if anyone supports anything that a Liberal might support that in turn makes that person a liberal. Apparently if you're a conservative then you have to follow EVERYTHING a conservative is supposed to believe in. Apparently there is no wiggle room. No room for thought. Just follow the conservative handbook and if you don't you're ousted. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too funny...because that works out to such an advantage in US politics....sigh..

[/QUOTE]
    Please, spare us the feminist women-as-victim card...

Everyone recognizes that Hillary running to be elected as the first woman President will be a huge advantage for her...just as Obama running as the first black President helped him immeasurably...

Even though Hillary is old and has been an Establishment insider for decades, her gender will be used towill make her fresh and exciting...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wild speculation about Hilary

Heh, all of a sudden it's wrong to delve into the medical history of a female candidate. You can't make this stuff up.

[/QUOTE]

All of a sudden it's okay to make wild speculations about a person's health without any corroborating evidence even before they are a declared candidate.

A candidates medical history is disclosed during the campaign, along with tax filings (for most candidates anyway).

This just belies the fear the wingnuts have of HRC.

Sections
Shortcuts