Why do so many seem to thrive on racial tension and anger?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Why do so many seem to thrive on racial tension and anger?

The Zimmerman/Treyvon trial was NOT about race but, somehow the verdict was?

Why are some making death threats against cops or calling them all targets?

Why burn the streets and break innocent people windows??

The baiters and everyone who uses this case for political gain or to promote violence or unrest should be ashamed!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Why do so many seem to thrive on racial tension and anger?

The Zimmerman verdict was a god-send for those (and I'm looking at you MSNBC) who thrive on racial division.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The Zimmerman/Treyvon trial was NOT about race but, somehow the verdict was?

Why are some making death threats against cops or calling them all targets?

Why burn the streets and break innocent people windows??

The baiters and everyone who uses this case for political gain or to promote violence or unrest should be ashamed!!!

Remember all the riots after OJ verdict? Neither do I. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Ok, so stop playing the "race card" card. I know you love it, but honestly....

[/QUOTE]

lol, turn on the news.

Al Sharpton grandstanding demanding the DOJ investigate it as a civil rights issue!!

AND

Former Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse fired off an incendiary stream of tweets late Saturday night suggesting that racism and politics prompted the jury to acquit George Zimmerman of all charges.

At 11.23 p.m., Woodhouse – who left the DNC job two weeks ago – retweeted a message claiming that the jury was racist.

“I think in post-Obama America its easy to forget race matters still matter. Zimmerman was innocent the moment they sat an all white jury,” said the original tweet from Cornell Belcher, a Democratic-affiliated African-American political strategist.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/14/dnc-flack-tweets-claims-of-racism-politics-after-zimmerman-acquittal/#ixzz2Z7Uu7e9G

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Al Sharpton grandstanding demanding the DOJ investigate it as a civil rights issue!!

Sharpton? Does this surprise you?
    A former DNC spokesman?

The problem is your repeatedly taking a couple examples and extrapolating them to an entire class of persons.

What percentage of the American population do those throwing a fit actually make up?

[/QUOTE]

"So many" does not indicate a majority of a "class of person" or large percentage of the overall ppoulation.

What are you throwing around false arguments??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Maybe because there is a racial aspect to this. There is also a gun control aspect to this. Remove either one of those (race-make Martin a white kid) or (no gun and Zim wouldn't have confronted the kid) and we probably wouldn't be here discussing this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Maybe because there is a racial aspect to this. There is also a gun control aspect to this. Remove either one of those (race-make Martin a white kid) or (no gun and Zim wouldn't have confronted the kid) and we probably wouldn't be here discussing this.

Or Zimmerman may have been beaten to death as the jury obviously thought the defense showed to be a possibility!

Go ahead try to indicate you know more then they did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Because of course you know without a doubt that if Martin were white that this tragedy wouldn't have occurred. Care to tell us all how you could possibly know this? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

Or Zimmerman may have been beaten to death as the jury obviously thought the defense showed to be a possibility!

Go ahead try to indicate you know more then they did.

[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting...Bill knows all. He's wicked smaht!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

This case was about race from the begginning.  There is no other explanation for the perverse fascination for this killing as opposed to the thousands of others that occurred in the meantime.  White supremecists have set websites to advocate for Zimmerman while producing their own evidence that Trayvon was nothing but a thug and a ticking time bomb, Spike Lee erroneously tweeted out what he thought was Zimmerman's address when the story first broke, and the coverage of the case in the media has been about race from day one.  Looking at the news sites covering the verdict and the comments that people leave, there is a clear sense that some people are celebrating the verdict while others are outraged and most of stems from the idea that a man can kill a young man, who was unarmed, and get away with claiming self defense - even though he initiated the confrontation.  That the murdered party is a minority is all that was needed for America to quickly divide itself into two opposing sides.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

This is why I stopped watching all those stations. No more Fox, MSNBC or CNN for me.

I got a tweet saying Zimmerman was found not guilty, that was all I read about it. I used to be a news junkie...couldn't get enough. Ashleigh Banfield was one of my favorites for years. The scud stud was an all time favorite.... now I can't stand ANY of them.

I can't stand it when there is anything black/white they run right to the Rev's. I've had enough.

I'm with you 100%. Can't watch any of it. Much better to get news on line. I found out about Zimmerman on my cellphone/Drudgereport.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

MAYBE ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

How many are "so many"? 

Not sure of numbers but, the reports are "widespread protests accross the country"

So, I classified that as "so many"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

How many are "so many"? 

Not sure of numbers but, the reports are "widespread protests accross the country"

So, I classified that as "so many"

Of course there are. Because rioting is the way to handle decisions put forth from our legal system. Don't like the verdict...riot. Seems reasonable. Violence is always the answer...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I agree with Obama:

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Violence begets fear which begets more violence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I see this whole event as a tragic situation that went from bad to worse.  Zimmerman see's black kid in a hoodie and he considers him a suspicious person and follows him, Martin doesn't like being followed by some "cracker" and apprently decides to stand his ground.  Well physically assaulting someone who is following you is crossing the line from "potential victim" to aggressor. Unfortunately for Martin the guy he decided to challenge was armed and ready.

This could have been disengaged at a number of points but unfortunately it wasn't.

Keeping this thing alive and fanning the flames in the middle of a long hot summer is not smart for the media and activists. 

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Violence begets fear which begets more violence.

Which is why Obama continues to stoke the fire of fear.. having Holder and the DOJ dig deeper even after the FBI investigated and found no civil rights interests were at play.

Imagine IF Zimmerman was white?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

And Zimmerman wouldn't have a trial, because he probably woudl be dead.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to ppannos' comment:

One less punk is all

Yeah, those pictures surely warranted a death sentence.  Moron.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

And Zimmerman wouldn't have a trial, because he probably woudl be dead.

[/QUOTE]

Not at all, the confrontation would not have taken place and the two would go on to live their lives. Pay attention, will ya.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

[QUOTE]

This case was about race from the begginning.  There is no other explanation for the perverse fascination for this killing as opposed to the thousands of others that occurred in the meantime.  White supremecists have set websites to advocate for Zimmerman while producing their own evidence that Trayvon was nothing but a thug and a ticking time bomb, Spike Lee erroneously tweeted out what he thought was Zimmerman's address when the story first broke, and the coverage of the case in the media has been about race from day one.  Looking at the news sites covering the verdict and the comments that people leave, there is a clear sense that some people are celebrating the verdict while others are outraged and most of stems from the idea that a man can kill a young man, who was unarmed, and get away with claiming self defense - even though he initiated the confrontation.  That the murdered party is a minority is all that was needed for America to quickly divide itself into two opposing sides.  

Maybe Zimmerman should have just been dragged to a tree and lynched immediately afterwards based on your intelligence; since you obviously know more than the people that were there when it happened, the law enforcement that were there immediately after it happened, those that investigated it for months, and those that sat through the trial.

[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension, do you has it?

I am pointing out the reality of this and you'd have to blind and dumb NOT to see that the public fascination with this case was always centered on the racial aspects of the case.  I am not sure what the hell you were responding to but my post was purely about the public perception, not Zimmerman's guilt or innocence.  See, the issue with you is you already have decided what is right and you are clearly looking to stir up the pot, because your response to my post makes no sense at all.  Like Zimmerman, you thought you saw something disagreeable, and decided to shoot (your mouth off) and sort out the rest later.  

Sections
Shortcuts