Why lie about a Marathon time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Why lie about a Marathon time?

Why would Ryan tell the world that he ran a marathon in the 2:50s when he ran one in 4:01?   I'm sure that the last republican VP candidate having run a marathon faster the Ryan may have played in to it, but there has to be more to it. 

It makes no sense to lie unless he's a compulsive liar and can't help himself.  Of course that would be consident with all the other lies he's been telling everyone. 

Isn't lying about your Marathon time considered pretty low in the running world?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Why lie about a Marathon time?

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Why would Ryan tell the world that he ran a marathon in the 2:50s when he ran one in 4:01?   I'm sure that the last republican VP candidate having run a marathon faster the Ryan may have played in to it, but there has to be more to it. 

It makes no sense to lie unless he's a compulsive liar and can't help himself.  Of course that would be consident with all the other lies he's been telling everyone. 

Isn't lying about your Marathon time considered pretty low in the running world?

It is probably not as bad as lying about creating 4 million jobs when the ACTUAL number is a pathetic 300,000

[/QUOTE]

We all understand that in Jamal-land what's up is down.

According to BLS (yes, I understand that BLS is a federal Agency and subject to all of your wacko conspiracy theories), US Non-Farm employment at the end of Febraury 2009 was 131,314, 000. Non-Farm employment at the end of July 2012 was 132,868,000.  That would be an increase of 1,554,000 jobs since Obama took Office.

The lowest level of employment during the Obama administration was in August 2009, with 129,719,000 jobs.  this is considered the end of the recession and the beginning of the recovery.  Since then, we've added 3,149, 000 jobs.

By the way, when Bush took office in February 2001, US non-Farm employment was 131,097,000.  When he left office, it was 131,314, 000, a net loss of 217,000 jobs

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

My figures were from the BLS.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well from what I read it refers to a marathon over a decade ago and he remembered that he did well and stated the wrong time.  If you haven't been doing something for a while you forget the relative comparatives that you keep in your head.

In other words who really cares; unless someone wants to claim it leads to a significant character transgression like claiming you have native american heritage or plaguarizing a coal miners sons story or divulging that you admit your place of birth was in Asia when its purported to be Hawaii.

This is a load of bulloney

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Why lie?  Well, it was a dumb mistake, but it was also a single marathon he ran 20 years ago. Ryan is in great shape, but he is no marathon runner, so it wasnt something he focuses on.
    Someone who ,  from no less a source than Tiger Woods and many others, blatantly  cheated on the golf course, and also lied about his weight loss when President: none other than Bill Clinton...now there is arguably a "compulsive liar"....

Paul Ryan released a brief statement, saying that his brother had pointed out his error. “The race was more than 20 years ago, but my brother Tobin – who ran Boston last year – reminds me that he is the owner of the fastest marathon in the family and has never himself ran a sub-three,” the Wisconsin congressman said. “If I were to do any rounding, it would certainly be to four hours, not three. He gave me a good ribbing over this at dinner tonight.”

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Ryan's marathon time is not much of an issue.  It was a mistake about something that happened years ago.  Republicans accept this view.  I even accept it.  And yet conservatives will claim that Warren is LYING about her claim to Native American heritage, something she was told (as opposed to actually accomplished) years ago.  I wonder why there is such a difference in their approach to these quite similar stories...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Lieing about a marathon time and lieing about a heritage claim that got her steps ahead  = apples and oranges. Not even a close arguement. 

[/QUOTE]

You are showing your politics.  Neither is a LIE.  One was a mistake about something the person did.  One was a possible mistake (can you prove differently?) that someone was told.  Neither was a knowing falsehood or LIE.  For thinking people unaffected by poliics, it is objectively not a close argument.

But do try to prove Warren KNEW she was not Native American and said the reverse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Why lie about your girlfreinds in your autobiography?

Or, lie about spending weekends in Home Depot or having breakfast at Katy's?

Why somke dope in a van with the doors shut and the windows rolled up in one of the hottest places on Earth?  Won't that give you dain bramage?

Why, DWL, Why?  Why is the whole world out to get you?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Remove the "L".  That's what your figures are.

Or, are the fact-checkers at CNN wrong?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Remove the "L".  That's what your figures are.

Or, are the fact-checkers at CNN wrong?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lieing about a marathon time and lieing about a heritage claim that got her steps ahead  = apples and oranges. Not even a close arguement. 

[/QUOTE]

You are showing your politics.  Neither is a LIE.  One was a mistake about something the person did.  One was a possible mistake (can you prove differently?) that someone was told.  Neither was a knowing falsehood or LIE.  For thinking people unaffected by poliics, it is objectively not a close argument.

But do try to prove Warren KNEW she was not Native American and said the reverse.

[/QUOTE]

Again, for the millionth time, no one here has to prove Warren's a native American.  she needs to prove it, she made the claim.

How thick is your skull on this?