Why lie about a Marathon time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Why lie about a Marathon time?

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Lieing about a marathon time and lieing about a heritage claim that got her steps ahead  = apples and oranges. Not even a close arguement. 

You are showing your politics.  Neither is a LIE.  One was a mistake about something the person did.  One was a possible mistake (can you prove differently?) that someone was told.  Neither was a knowing falsehood or LIE.  For thinking people unaffected by poliics, it is objectively not a close argument.

But do try to prove Warren KNEW she was not Native American and said the reverse.

Even the Cherokees think she needsto prove it:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/30/native-american-group-elizabeth-warren-better-be-able-to-defend-ancestry-claim/

You really need to smarten up on this Rube,. Admit she is a liar and lets move on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Dirtywaterlover..who knows why people lie. Some people lie about marathon times..some people lie about their gender..or their height..or the fact that they own businesses. Some people just can't help themselves and want to be thought of as cooler than they really are. Sad really.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Dirtywaterlover..who knows why people lie. Some people lie about marathon times..some people lie about their gender..or their height..or the fact that they own businesses. Some people just can't help themselves and want to be thought of as cooler than they really are. Sad really.

And some people lie about being part cherokee because it boost their career and makes them lots of money.

But, that's just a hypothetical.  No one would really do that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Why would Ryan tell the world that he ran a marathon in the 2:50s when he ran one in 4:01?   I'm sure that the last republican VP candidate having run a marathon faster the Ryan may have played in to it, but there has to be more to it. 

It makes no sense to lie unless he's a compulsive liar and can't help himself.  Of course that would be consident with all the other lies he's been telling everyone. 

Isn't lying about your Marathon time considered pretty low in the running world?

That's a really good question. I guess it's similar to how Obama lied about his basketball prowess in high school. Maybe it's a political thing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

cricket,

I think you are spot on with your post. This particular lie by Ryan falls into the sad category.

That of course is different than what many feel are they lies that were contained in his speech at the RNConvention. The lies that even FOX news went after, to my complete surprise.

I have mostly been in the articles since I have been back. I am asking this here because I do not know if the message system is working. The articles right now have been a nightmare of technical problems, including certain posters having all their comments on auto-delete.

I do not see the old subscribe button. Do you know if that is a glitch OR is that one of the new changes to improve the BDC experience?

I also do not see the spell check option. Gone or a glitch?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

But why would someone lie about why they broke up with their girl friend many years ago? That one's a head scratcher.

Of course, I can see why Obama lied about his mother's medical coverage. You know, how he said that his mother had been denied coverage when she hadn't. That one was totally political.

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

But do try to prove Warren KNEW she was not Native American and said the reverse.
    ---------------------------------

Hell, I might have some Native blood in me, Dad's side of the fam is from Texas/OK and such.

But I certainly wouldn't guess, or claim minority status, particularly if I had WASPy White Chick stenciled on my forehead

Gregin,

I have never heard the term "WASPy White Chick" before. I suppose that is an improvement over all the "Granny Warren" references and such that fill the article threads.

Not for nothing, but all 4 of my grandparents were born in Italy. My maternal grandmother had strawberry blonde hair and light green eyes. My paternal grandmother had auburn hair and bright blue eyes. They both came from Naples.

Their physical appearance is not what would normally think of an Italian woman from southern Italy. 

So, maybe, just maybe, a little too much is being made about Warren's physical appearance. In addition, she is not a natural blonde. She had dark brown hair when she was younger. Looked a lot less Waspy in those photographs.

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

But why would someone lie about why they broke up with their girl friend many years ago? That one's a head scratcher.

SB,

Perhaps because the way they did it would reflect badly on their image???

And btw, you went back to your original avatar. I was just getting used to the new StalkingButler avatar. And that one would have a lot of hair to scratch.

In response to andiejen's comment:

SB,

And btw, you went back to your original avatar. I was just getting used to the new StalkingButler avatar. And that one would have a lot of hair to scratch.

Hi andie. The old avitar was reinstated when they installed the new software, t'wasn't me. The new avitar is less a head scratcher and more of a cat scratcher, heh.

In response to andiejen's comment:

But why would someone lie about why they broke up with their girl friend many years ago? That one's a head scratcher

SB,

Hi andie. The old avitar was reinstated when they installed the new software, t'wasn't me. The new avitar is less a head scratcher and more of a cat scratcher, heh.

SB,

I guess if that is the only thing this wonderful new system has done to you, you are pretty lucky. I was one of the posters whose every comment was automatically deleted. I have a tempory fix on my account right now so I can post. 

I miss the subscribe button, the spell check option and the edit option as well as my list of friends. Hope you get your new/old avatar back very soon.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I can understand lying about cheating on your wife.  There's something to be gained.  I can understand if Warren used being part native american to get ahead (if in fact she did so).  Againt, there's something to be gained. 

But there's nothing to be gained from lying about his marathon time.

Do you have less respect for a politician that ran a marathon in 4 hours vs. one that ran one in 2:55?  Or do you have less respect for a politician that said they ran a marathon in 2:55 when they really ran it in 4:00?

A person who is a good athlete means they are a good athlete - period.  It doesn't mean they are smarter, more deserving, or some how a better person.

It's just wierd.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I had originally used unadjusted figures.  Below are the seasonally adjusted figures.

The seasonally adjusted figure show a net increase of 308,000 jobs W.  For Obama, the net increase has been 408,000.  And since February 2010, when jobs were at their lowest point, 4 million jobs have been created.

And these are from the employee survey that measures Jobs.

from http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)               Original Data Value                               Series Id: CES0000000001               Seasonally Adjusted               Super Sector: Total nonfarm               Industry: Total nonfarm               NAICS Code: -               Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS               Years: 2000 to 2012                                         Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2001 132466 132529 132501 132219 132175 132047 131922 131767 131524 131193 130898 130720 2002 130591 130445 130421 130337 130328 130375 130275 130264 130209 130330 130338 130175 2003 130270 130111 129898 129849 129840 129840 129865 129820 129929 130126 130140 130259 2004 130421 130465 130802 131051 131361 131442 131488 131610 131771 132119 132182 132316 2005 132453 132693 132834 133194 133364 133607 133981 134174 134240 134320 134654 134814 2006 135097 135413 135696 135877 135891 135967 136176 136359 136516 136507 136711 136882 2007 137118 137211 137401 137473 137612 137687 137647 137629 137702 137781 137893 137982 2008 138023 137939 137844 137636 137446 137248 137038 136764 136332 135843 135040 134379 2009 133561 132837 132038 131346 130985 130503 130164 129933 129734 129532 129490 129319 2010 129279 129244 129433 129672 130188 130021 129963 129912 129885 130105 130226 130346 2011 130456 130676 130922 131173 131227 131311 131407 131492 131694 131806 131963 132186 2012 132461 132720 132863 132931 133018 133082 133245          

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Again, for the millionth time, no one here has to prove Warren's a native American.  she needs to prove it, she made the claim.

How thick is your skull on this?

[/QUOTE]

If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic.  Unless you are an unthinking ideologue that is.  And there are lots of facts to back up that statement.  LOTS.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Ha ha ha.

Almost as bad stooping as low as having self admitted convicted serial perjurer Bill Clinton give the nomination speech at the DNC convention.

The Republican war on women? Obama gives Egypt another billion as they want to implement anti-woman Sharia law.

Or the Democrats sending a drunk and murderer to congress for 47 years.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

lol, what Joe? Who "divulged" that he was born in Asia, not Hawaii?

Mentioning that does wonders for your "moderate" credibility. Ryan could literally film himself defectating on the constitution, and you'd call it "contemporary art."

WDYWN,

Please keep up with the news Obama said it himself.  My post was a snarky response to a stupid topic. you are humorless at times, if John Stewart Lampooned it you'd think it was funny.  I remembered hearing it on the radio, but the snipet below comes from fox via a quick google.

It's hard to mistake that Hawaiian scenery. 

But President Obama apparently forgot where he was during his press conference Sunday on the outskirts of Honolulu -- despite being born there. 

The president mistakenly described his location as "Asia" while answering a question about budget cuts. 

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia -- the kinds of fundamental reforms and changes, both on the revenue side and the public pension side, that other countries are having to make are so much more significant than what we need to do in order to get our books in order," Obama said. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Again, for the millionth time, no one here has to prove Warren's a native American.  she needs to prove it, she made the claim.

How thick is your skull on this?

If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic.  Unless you are an unthinking ideologue that is.  And there are lots of facts to back up that statement.  LOTS.

• "If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic. "

Yes, SHE does.  I'm not making the claim, she is.  She needs the facts.  Pretty simple Rube.

"And there are lots of facts to back up that statement"

She claimed to be native American.  (She provided no proof, even thought in order to make that claim, proof is required.)

She promoted herself as native American.  She ADMITTED IT.

She made the claim, she can't prove it.  Nor has she recanted.

So, the facts are, she can't substantiate the claim, and she won't recant it.

That makes her a liar.

Face it Ruvbe, you are BEAT on this one.  Admit it so you can move on.  I ask this for you, not me.  I know what Warren is.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to jmel's comment:

Why would Ryan tell the world that he ran a marathon in the 2:50s when he ran one in 4:01?   I'm sure that the last republican VP candidate having run a marathon faster the Ryan may have played in to it, but there has to be more to it. 

It makes no sense to lie unless he's a compulsive liar and can't help himself.  Of course that would be consident with all the other lies he's been telling everyone. 

Isn't lying about your Marathon time considered pretty low in the running world?

It is probably not as bad as lying about creating 4 million jobs when the ACTUAL number is a pathetic 300,000

We all understand that in Jamal-land what's up is down.

According to BLS (yes, I understand that BLS is a federal Agency and subject to all of your wacko conspiracy theories), US Non-Farm employment at the end of Febraury 2009 was 131,314, 000. Non-Farm employment at the end of July 2012 was 132,868,000.  That would be an increase of 1,554,000 jobs since Obama took Office.

The lowest level of employment during the Obama administration was in August 2009, with 129,719,000 jobs.  this is considered the end of the recession and the beginning of the recovery.  Since then, we've added 3,149, 000 jobs.

By the way, when Bush took office in February 2001, US non-Farm employment was 131,097,000.  When he left office, it was 131,314, 000, a net loss of 217,000 jobs

Nice try DWLoser.....................

With the Democratic National Convention in full swing, a number of party leaders are attempting to boost President Obama's re-election effort by asserting that 4.5 million new jobs have been created during his term.

President Obama himself has recently claimed more job growth in the past 29 months than President George W. Bush created"during the entire seven years before this crisis."

"Despite incredible odds and united Republican opposition, our president took action, and now we've seen 4.5 million new jobs," San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro said in his keynote address at the DNC on Tuesday night.

That statistic was echoed by virtually all of Tuesday night's speakers, including First Lady Michelle Obama, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who previously served as Obama's chief of staff.

However, CNN fact-checked that claim and found it to be "not the whole picture." Instead, CNN found that there has been a net increase of just 300,000 non-farm payroll jobs since Obama took office. And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009.

This is the perfect illustration of right-wing hipocrisy.  You've been railing against public spending since the day Obama took office (not before) and now you're blaming him for the loss of public sector jobs.  It amazes me that so many people in this country have so little integrity.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The moral outrage is that he took advantage of an intern in the Oval Office, if a CEO did that he'd be fired and there would have been a lawsuit and or charges. He lied about it so it was a big deal to him; do you think he would have been susceptible to blackmail in order to keep it quiet?

I really could careless about his unfaithfulness; that's between him and Hillary.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Ryan is the Lance Armstrong of politics.

• Sections
    Shortcuts