Why lie about a Marathon time?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Why lie about a Marathon time?

QUOTE]

You are showing your politics.  Neither is a LIE.  One was a mistake about something the person did.  One was a possible mistake (can you prove differently?) that someone was told.  Neither was a knowing falsehood or LIE.  For thinking people unaffected by poliics, it is objectively not a close argument.

But do try to prove Warren KNEW she was not Native American and said the reverse.

[/QUOTE]

Plausible deniability.

Yo lawers sho know all da fancy words.

Liawatha KNEW she was lying and how much it would benefit her in her career.
    Harvard looked the other way.

Sometimes.. the truth is self evident.

Spin on..

[/QUOTE]

The spin is all yours.  You have no proof yet you continue to smear someone.  You and the truth are only occasional acquaintances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic.  Unless you are an unthinking ideologue that is.  And there are lots of facts to back up that statement.  LOTS.

[/QUOTE]

"If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic. "

Yes, SHE does.  I'm not making the claim, she is.  She needs the facts.  Pretty simple Rube.

"And there are lots of facts to back up that statement"

She claimed to be native American.  (She provided no proof, even thought in order to make that claim, proof is required.)

She promoted herself as native American.  She ADMITTED IT.

She made the claim, she can't prove it.  Nor has she recanted.

So, the facts are, she can't substantiate the claim, and she won't recant it.

That makes her a liar.

Face it Ruvbe, you are BEAT on this one.  Admit it so you can move on.  I ask this for you, not me.  I know what Warren is.

[/QUOTE]

You say you are a human.  I know you are just a well trained parrot.  I have know facts. just my belief but you have never shown you are not.  You are therefore a liar to deny you are a parrot.  I know what you are.  A parrot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic.  Unless you are an unthinking ideologue that is.  And there are lots of facts to back up that statement.  LOTS.

[/QUOTE]

"If you make an allegation you have to have FACTS to back it up.  Pretty basic. "

Yes, SHE does.  I'm not making the claim, she is.  She needs the facts.  Pretty simple Rube.

"And there are lots of facts to back up that statement"

She claimed to be native American.  (She provided no proof, even thought in order to make that claim, proof is required.)

She promoted herself as native American.  She ADMITTED IT.

She made the claim, she can't prove it.  Nor has she recanted.

So, the facts are, she can't substantiate the claim, and she won't recant it.

That makes her a liar.

Face it Ruvbe, you are BEAT on this one.  Admit it so you can move on.  I ask this for you, not me.  I know what Warren is.

[/QUOTE]

You say you are a human.  I know you are just a well trained parrot.  I have know facts. just my belief but you have never shown you are not.  You are therefore a liar to deny you are a parrot.  I know what you are.  A parrot.

[/QUOTE]

Show me the facts Warren has presented to support her claim that she is Cherokee.

I have lied about nothing, as I have never claimed that Warren is something she is not, only that she has not supported her claim.

Rube, give up, you have lost, apprently more than just the argument

Will someone else tell Rube to give this up? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Show me the facts Warren has presented to support her claim that she is Cherokee.

I have lied about nothing, as I have never claimed that Warren is something she is not, only that she has not supported her claim.

Rube, give up, you have lost, apprently more than just the argument

Will someone else tell Rube to give this up? 

[/QUOTE]

You are a lying parrot.  Stop pretending to be human.  I have no facts to support this view just the understanding that you have not supported your claim of being human and not a parrot.  Therefore you are a LIAR.  And a parrot.  See how it works?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

>>He lied about it while pointing a finger at the American people on TV. He lied to a judge about it. He got impeached - the only elected Presdient impeached in US history. He got disbarred (sp?) for it.<<

Your ilk went after him for a BJ as part of a worthless adulterous liar's crusade to score political points. Still, love to see how honestly you go about whipping up some moral outrage....

Meanwhile Ryan's speech - a speech BY AN ACTUAL 2012 CANDIDATE - was full of utter lies.

Yeah I'll listen to a conservative complaining about lies.

Gee, WDYWN, the facts are Congress put him on trial for impeachment, but he was NOT impeached. Do not even have to give a site since if he was impeached, he would not have filled out his second 4 year term as President.

Another historical fact, there was another president who was put on trial for impeachment. For those interested in the facts, a quick GOOGLE search will provide this answer.

As for Ryan's speech, of course is was packed full of lies. I am glad I have a broken leg instead of a heart condition since is was so bad when even FOX picked it apart that might have been too much for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

>>He lied about it while pointing a finger at the American people on TV. He lied to a judge about it. He got impeached - the only elected Presdient impeached in US history. He got disbarred (sp?) for it.<<

Your ilk went after him for a BJ as part of a worthless adulterous liar's crusade to score political points. Still, love to see how honestly you go about whipping up some moral outrage....

Meanwhile Ryan's speech - a speech BY AN ACTUAL 2012 CANDIDATE - was full of utter lies.

Gee, WDYWN, the facts are Congress put him on trial for impeachment, but he was NOT impeached. Do not even have to give a site since if he was impeached, he would not have filled out his second 4 year term as President.

Another historical fact, there was another president who was put on trial for impeachment. For those interested in the facts, a quick GOOGLE search will provide this answer.

As for Ryan's speech, of course is was packed full of lies. I am glad I have a broken leg instead of a heart condition since is was so bad when even FOX picked it apart that might have been too much for me.

[/QUOTE]
    Wait...even FOX was picking apart the lies in Ryan's speech?? I guess our BDC friends have a more serious case of denial than I first thought.
    I have little tolerance for liars these days..lol and tend to just tune them out.
    Andie..hope your leg is doing better. I got your message but can't respond to it..apparently..until the friend list feature is restored...but I just want to say that my thoughts are with you. Be strong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

THat's the Obama kumbaya spirit !!!

She lies, HArry lies, Obama lies but the onus of proof does NOT sir with the LIAR.
    I bet you lie too.
    Twisted sister !

[/QUOTE]

The twisted one is you.  You have the conclusion before the facts.  In fact you don't even bother with facts.  You don't bother to think much do you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ryan is the Lance Armstrong of politics.

[/QUOTE]

Paul Ryan beat cancer? Who knew.

[/QUOTE]

He dated Sheryl Crow? Who knew?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I can explain why Clinton lied.  I'm not convinced that Warren lied about her ethnic background, but the reps say she benefitted from lying so at leat there was a motivating factor.

But I don't understand what motivated Ryan lying about his marathon time.  There's no benefit to it.  It just seems weird.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I can explain why Clinton lied.  I'm not convinced that Warren lied about her ethnic background, but the reps say she benefitted from lying so at leat there was a motivating factor.

But I don't understand what motivated Ryan lying about his marathon time.  There's no benefit to it.  It just seems weird.

Can you expalin why Clinton raped?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Wait...even FOX was picking apart the lies in Ryan's speech?? I guess our BDC friends have a more serious case of denial than I first thought.
    I have little tolerance for liars these days..lol and tend to just tune them out.
    Andie..hope your leg is doing better. I got your message but can't respond to it..apparently..until the friend list feature is restored...but I just want to say that my thoughts are with you. Be strong.

[/QUOTE]

cricket,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Also, thank you for telling me posters cannot resond to messages until they restore the friends list. Imagine my surprise on finding another glitch in this new in-house software system.

I would have tried it out with my husband but he is not posting right now. His mother finally passed and was buried last week. I know he will be fine but it is going to take some time. I made him take me to vote yesterday. The fact I am still reliant so much on him is probably a good thing for him. 

I would have put these rather personal thoughts in a message but here I know you got them. Pardon any spelling errors. Still getting used to lack of spell check and edit. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ryan is the Lance Armstrong of politics.

[/QUOTE]

Paul Ryan beat cancer? Who knew.

[/QUOTE]

He dated Sheryl Crow? Who knew?

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Very cute. However Paul Ryan does exhibit a rather tenuous relationship with the truth. I mean, when even FOX tears your convention speech apart as completely full of lies and you are a Republican he really seems to have a credibility problem.

As for the huge discrepancy in his real marathon time and his pretend marathon time, this problem with the truth seems to extend to his personal life. I do not believe it has anything to do with the number of years that have passed. My husband ran 6 marathons. When he read the difference in the 2 times he was stunned. The benefit of doubt just does not stretch that far. 

Ryan's problem with the truth reads to me as a major character flaw, to say the least. Where it stems from I do not know. But when your own brother calls you out on lying, you have really got a problem, IMO.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Can you expalin why Clinton raped?

[/QUOTE]

ThatWasMe,

Nobody has to explain your question.  As you well know nobody has ever pressed charges against the former President. There is no conviction against him for such a horrible crime. It is an ugly accusation that is not made true by constantly repeating because you do not like the man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Hey andie!

Nice to see you back. Sorry to hear about your MIL, once they figure out this forum we'll catch up through the message side.

Heh back!!!

Thanks for the welcome back and the words about my MIL.

Looking forward to catching up...hopefully before the end of 2012!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

Don`t know why he lied about his marathon time, as I said, it`s like lying about golf scores.......you just don`t do it.

Gotta say I`m perplexed by your (most) posts about "Ryan`s speech lies" though.   Did you watch Clinton? Biden? Kerry? Debbie-wasacan-of-schlitz? Obama himself?  I`ve NEVER heard so many lies in 3 days in my entire freakin life! 

Can you guys be honest just once?

Feel free to list a few of the lies.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every non-partisan fact checker site agreed that the Clinton speech was factualy true.
    Some did quibble with how Clinto used 'rhetorical devices' to make some points. Their
    problem with that is that it is hard to check these assertions because no actual claims were made
    rather they were alluded to.

Bloomberg summed it up best:

No False Claims in Clinton's DNC Speech.
    "Our fact checkers could not find one claim that was patenetly false."

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/no-false-claims-in-clinton-s-dnc-speech-c2Ha7CgMRqm9CIwOZMH2mA.html

[/QUOTE]

I don't Clinton was lying when he referrd to Obama as an amateur either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

There are lies and then there are big lies.

CLINT SPEAKS: Obama 'greatest hoax ever perpetrated on American people'...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?   Bill Clinton was impeached.  He was not removed from office due to the Senate not convicting him.  He was impeached by the House.  He also had his license to practice law suspended for 5 years and it was only a bargain with the Supreme court that kept him from being disbarred.

[/QUOTE]

Heh jmel,

First, my post said nothing about Clinton's license to practice law. We could debate about whether the consequences regarding his law license were just right, too light or too harsh, but it would be really subjective.

Maybe we just have a semantics issue. Clinton did face impeachment for lying to Congress. If he was successfully impeached, he would have been out of office. That did not happen.

25. This post has been removed.