1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Why lie about a Marathon time?

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

There are lies and then there are big lies.

CLINT SPEAKS: Obama 'greatest hoax ever perpetrated on American people'...

Mr. Eastwood was allotted 5 minutes. As we all know he rambled on for 12 minutes. He totally ignored the red light that his time was up. He obtained the chair at the last minute because they assummed the 82 year old Eastwood wanted it to sit on during his speech.

Both Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Ryan deflected questions about Eastwood's improv the next day. 

The whole chair thing completely over-shadowed Romney's speech. 

In every way possible those 12 minutes were a fiasco for the GOP. 

Why would you post something that is a reminder of something the GOP iworked hard to move forward from as quickly as possible?

[/QUOTE]

there was more substance in the Clint speech than Obama's.

And, yes, Clinto was impeached.  No getting around it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I hope you are OK.  No egg EVER!  That`s why I come here........to learn, to be a jerk (most of the time) and to have a few laughs.  You haven`t missed a thing.  It gets really ugly here at times.  I start out (always) with the conservative view.  I don`t name call and insult until someone WHACKS me first.  Then I get down in the mud if that`s where it`s headed.  Some real smart folks here on the Left.  Problem is, you throw out a different view and the insults fly.  I`ll play but, I`d rather discuss and have a few yuks.

[/QUOTE]

Well said, Jmel. I too, wish there were less personal attacks and more talk about issues and viewpoints. It seems like the site is loaded with posters who can't put together more than 2 sentences about what THEY think and what THEY feel is working and not working about our politics. Instead, they put up juvenile one liner or elaborate copy/paste jobs without adding their own thoughts.

I know you have to take the bad with the good on sites like this...and even I get caught up sometimes..but I try hard not to  and to stick with the issues. I try really  hard to just ignore the people who act like trolls.
    People tend to forget that it's our differences..and the ability to discuss them and understand different points of view that is really what makes this country a great place. Everyone brings a different life path or philosophy to the table.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

There are lies and then there are big lies.

CLINT SPEAKS: Obama 'greatest hoax ever perpetrated on American people'...

Mr. Eastwood was allotted 5 minutes. As we all know he rambled on for 12 minutes. He totally ignored the red light that his time was up. He obtained the chair at the last minute because they assummed the 82 year old Eastwood wanted it to sit on during his speech.

Both Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Ryan deflected questions about Eastwood's improv the next day. 

The whole chair thing completely over-shadowed Romney's speech. 

In every way possible those 12 minutes were a fiasco for the GOP. 

Why would you post something that is a reminder of something the GOP iworked hard to move forward from as quickly as possible?

[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ.

The whole empty chair speech signified perfectly Obama's presidency the past 4 years.

And why everyone on the left is up in arms.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Is there a bigger lie being perpetratrated by the Obama administratrion and their willing friends in the media about the current state of the economy?

Over 300,000 just quit looking for work in July 97,000 find jobs but the unemployment rate drops from 8.3 to 8.1 percent?

Smoke and mirrors are all these people have when it comes to putting positive spin on the actual state of the economy and of what little effect creating new jobs Obama's massive stimulus spending 850 billion, borrowed from China produced.

The only answer Obama has is borrowing and spending more and blaming the republicans for all his failures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

This is why the Reds here are focused on Ryan's marathon time or Romney's tax returns.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Be an optimist. Don't think of his speech as 72% false; think of it as 28% true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I never believed Palin ran a marathon and this time runner's world did some fact checking. 

Having run a few marathons I am really pissed that this clown would lie about this.  How stupid is he and how many lies has he told that he could so easily rattle off this?

a sub 3 hour marathon is moving and it takes years of training.  Most sub 3 hour marathoners are pretty good milers and do extensive track work outs.

This guy is a jerk and I guess runner's world is not labeled a liberal newspaper.

It depends what marathon you run. The more popular like NY is impossible to run PRs.

I've run a few marathons too.

Pretty common for runners to fudge their past times as you must well know.

I find it funny with 23-25 mil unemployed that the Democrats continue to focus on these type stories.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The net on this is that he only gets about one more of this type, if that.  Either as candidate or Vice President.  But especially as candidate.  Then it won't be his problem with democrats.  Point being that it's already a problem with his team, whether it's acknowledged there or here or not. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thus all the equivalency stuff being thrown up.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

The faux outrage over a marathon over 22 years ago continues...here is the answer , he messed up....

"Tobin Ryan said the marathon race, which Paul Ryan  ran in 1990 as a college student with the third Ryan brother, Stan, was so long ago it was easy to forget the exact time. “I think they trained for three weeks,” he said. “They ran it on a whim.”

The NY Times then manages to bring in another faux controversy about how many different mountains Ryan has climbed....
    Ryan is getting "Palinized", as expected from the Obama re-election team, also known as the mainstream media...

NY Times: "Skepticism over the marathon misstatement then led some to wonder if Mr. Ryan had exaggerated his mountain climbing. Last month, The Denver Post reported that Ryan Call, the chairman of the state Republican Party, said Mr. Ryan told him he had climbed nearly 40 of the state’s 53 peaks over 14,000 feet.

"Democrats in Colorado mocked that as implausible.

"In an interview Thursday, Mr. Call said Mr. Ryan had stated only that he climbed “a number of peaks,” and that he had inferred the total from a 2009 article in The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. But that article said only that Mr. Ryan “has made close to 40 climbs,” not specifying the number of separate peaks.

After the Ryan brothers’ in-flight calculations, the campaign issued a statement to The Post on Wednesday:

“Your article says he ‘climbed 40 of Colorado’s Fourteeners.’ I’m not sure what the source for that is, but we wanted to add a little nuance. Paul Ryan has made nearly 40 climbs on 28 different peaks. We wanted to clear up any confusion. Thanks"