Why Obama is Winning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Why Obama is Winning

The great messiah and world leader brought peace to Libya too.

U.S. ambassador and three staff 'killed in rocket attack' in Libya just hours after radical Islamists stormed embassy in protest at low-budget film attacking prophet

Revolt: An armed man waves his rifle as buildings and cars are engulfed in flames after being set on fire inside the U.S. consulate compound in Benghazi, Libya

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

andie,

An article written by an openly gay sportswriter written on CNN's website, come on now. The column is basically Granderson's opinion and has nothing substantial to back it up. I wouldn't place all bets on B.O., his like ability numbers aren't too high either, if polls are what anyone is counting on in deciding who'll be president.

Voters need to stop looking at the polls, they're always slighted. The only way to formulate an honest opinion on either candidate is to hear them speak in person, or by watching the debates. The debates will be a big deciding factor for most, I think.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Obama is winning because he's the incumbent.  That must be why Bush I and Carter got reelected.  

Romney's losing because he isn't likeable.  Republicans don't even like him.  

Two times in over 60 years...not exactly a trend now is it. Yikes!

Ding!

Again.

Incumbent Presidents are hard to beat, but the claim that only 2 were thrown out in 60 years is  misleading, because it only includes full term Presidents who ran for reelection.

LBJ quit because he was going to lose in '68 ....Gerald Ford lost in '76... ..

W barely squeaked by in '04.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

andie,

An article written by an openly gay sportswriter written on CNN's website, come on now. The column is basically Granderson's opinion and has nothing substantial to back it up. I wouldn't place all bets on B.O., his like ability numbers aren't too high either, if polls are what anyone is counting on in deciding who'll be president.

Voters need to stop looking at the polls, they're always slighted. The only way to formulate an honest opinion on either candidate is to hear them speak in person, or by watching the debates. The debates will be a big deciding factor for most, I think.

MO,

I was not try to sway you on the likeability factor. My intent was just to show you why many others do not like Romney.

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming 3 debates. I particularly want to see what Romney says in a debate situation since he has been so vague on specifics.

Btw, I do not know what difference it makes that this writer is openly gay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

Ohhhhh what a shame................

"

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows President Obama attracting support from 46% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. "

jmel,

Let us not leave out another important piece of data from the Wednesday report.

50% of voters in the Swing States Approve of Obama. These are the states where the general will be decided. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama is "winning" like Charlie Sheen was "winning".........

McCain is working with Democrats in the Senate on defense budget cuts...when asked why they aren't making progress...he said neither the democrats or republicans can get Obama to participate in the process. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Obama is "winning" like Charlie Sheen was "winning".........

McCain is working with Democrats in the Senate on defense budget cuts...when asked why they aren't making progress...he said neither the democrats or republicans can get Obama to participate in the process. 

mach1,

Due respect, I do not know what you have been reading and/or watching, but to compare Obama to Sheen is beyond wishful thinking.

Quoting the man who is still bitter about his defeat to Obama as he watches Romney take a swing at it, IMO is not particularly persuasive.

On the good side, you were able to post. Myself, and a lot of other posters have been unable to post this afternoon. Another system wide glitch. This is my first post since I found I could not a few hours ago.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

andie,

MO,

I was not try to sway you on the likeability factor. My intent was just to show you why many others do not like Romney.

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming 3 debates. I particularly want to see what Romney says in a debate situation since he has been so vague on specifics.

hey andie!

I didn't see anywhere in that article why many voters don't like Romney, all I got out of it was that it was written by a openly gay writer that wrote an article on a candidate that is opposed to same sex marrige. The article was also posted on a website that has shown time and time again to be left leaning. Just reading between the lines :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

"

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows President Obama attracting support from 46% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. "

jmel,

50% of voters in the Swing States Approve of Obama. These are the states where the general will be decided. 

Good point but, Romney is up over Obama in Florida, N Carolina, and Virginia, and either tied or trending up in Ohio.  In the end he will win NH, PA, Colorado, Nevada

jmel,

Assuming all of the above is correct. According to electoral math, if Romney does not win Ohio, he has to run the table on the rest of the swing states to eek out a victory.

Paul Ryan has begun running re-election ads in his home state. He is the GOP VP candidate, is he not?

The next 56 days are not going to be boring. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

andie,

MO,

hey andie!

I didn't see anywhere in that article why many voters don't like Romney, all I got out of it was that it was written by a openly gay writer that wrote an article on a candidate that is opposed to same sex marrige. The article was also posted on a website that has shown time and time again to be left leaning. Just reading between the lines :-)

Heh-

I went back and read the article again. I think the last paragraphs sum up the writer's POV pretty well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you genuinely live life through a prism of gratitude, you don't use analogies that minimize the impact others have on your life. When you live life through that prism, you don't see voters and delegates, you don't see the budget as just a bunch of numbers you have to make work.

You see the lives.

Romney doesn't irk us because he was born into privilege. He irks us because he behaves as if being born into privilege had nothing to do with his success. His wife, Ann, was supposed to make her husband more appealing. It didn't work. Now the question is: Can Paul Ryan make Mitt likeable?

I doubt it.

When men like Ryan or Obama or Vice President Joe Biden roll their sleeves up to talk to blue collar voters, it feels real because it's coming from a real place inside.

When Romney rolls his sleeves up, it's clear he's trying to send a message -- because his sense of entitlement and social disconnect prevents him from being the message.

That doesn't mean people won't vote for him in November. It's just that they won't be doing so because they like him.

-

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

"

jmel,

Andie:  I can't speak to Rasmussen in particular, but most polls are oversampling democrats by 5-11 points.  that's just not real world.  the other issue I see in many of these polls is likely vs. registered voters.  Registered voters polls are nearly useless.  Another issue is that urban areas are vastly over-represented.  People in the burbs and rural areas work for a living and therefore not around to answer the phone, and generally are not well represented in the polls.

The last issue is that given the increasingly hostile environment towards citizens from their government, I suspect many conservatives are not answering the polls, or not answering them honestly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

Obama is winning because he's the incumbent.  That must be why Bush I and Carter got reelected.  

Ding!

Again.

Incumbent Presidents are hard to beat, but the claim that only 2 were thrown out in 60 years is  misleading, because it only includes full term Presidents who ran for reelection.

Ford ran for president once.

Gregin,

So, if Romney should win, come 2016 he would obviously be the incumbent. Given your way of thinking on the 2012 general, no matter who is the Democratic candidate for President, then he/she has about a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Romney?

In other words, if Romney wins in November, barring illness or choice, we are looking at 8 years of President Romney regardless of any other factors?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

"

jmel,

Andie:  I can't speak to Rasmussen in particular, but most polls are oversampling democrats by 5-11 points.  that's just not real world.  the other issue I see in many of these polls is likely vs. registered voters.  Registered voters polls are nearly useless.  Another issue is that urban areas are vastly over-represented.  People in the burbs and rural areas work for a living and therefore not around to answer the phone, and generally are not well represented in the polls.

The last issue is that given the increasingly hostile environment towards citizens from their government, I suspect many conservatives are not answering the polls, or not answering them honestly.

skeeter,

You make several valid points. If polls were all that accurate, then we hardly need vote, putting aside a few considerations.

The phone issue. I have done phone banking for candidates. It is not a lot of fun and is being used less and less. People see the candidate's name in caller id and often do not answer. Or they get called too many times and get angry. Many people I know have dropped their landline and are just using cell phones. 

Some candidates I know this year are having the calls come up Wireless Caller versus their name to try and get a round the Caller Id. We have been called at home at night. Also come back from a medical appt. to find robo call messages waiting for us. Cannot stop it with the  Do not call list because politicians are excluded.

You may get some heat that you implied people who live in the city do not work, therefore they are home for daytime calls. We live in the suburbs because that is where I am most comfortable. But people should know most phone banks really do not begin until the later hours.

Registered versus likely voters is always an important difference. You can tell likely voters by their recent past voting record. That is available to the public.

As for oversampling. I know more people identify themselves as Democrats than as Republicans. One poll had it as 35%-28%. That leaves everyone else an independent if accurate.

I do not know where you got the information regarding oversampling so I cannot really speak to it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

Ding!

Again.

Ford ran for president once.

Gregin,

So, if Romney should win, come 2016 he would obviously be the incumbent. Given your way of thinking on the 2012 general, no matter who is the Democratic candidate for President, then he/she has about a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Romney?

In other words, if Romney wins in November, barring illness or choice, we are looking at 8 years of President Romney regardless of any other factors?

UGGGH!!! NO talk about the 2016 election, I'm hanging onto to a thread with this election. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

You still think this guy is winning after yesterday? WOW

TFefio,

Esp. after yesterday and today. Compare the way each man handled himself.

Romney pretty much shot his mouth off without possibly knowing what exactly had happened and why, never mind the possible consequences of anything he would say to others, esp. those still very much in a dangerous part of our world.

Obama conducted himself like the statesman he is.

I and others could run through everything that Romney did wrong...but due respect, I truly did not think it was necessary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Heh MO,

I will try very hard not to refer to the 2016 election in future posts. I most certainly do not want that thread to break.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts