Why Obama is Winning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Why Obama is Winning

Most republicans are already planning for 2016 so it's never too early to start. After all, Romney's political career is all but finished. Obama is going to mop the floor with him in the debates. Especially when Mittster loses his cool.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most republicans are already planning for 2016 so it's never too early to start. After all, Romney's political career is all but finished. Obama is going to mop the floor with him in the debates. Especially when Mittster loses his cool.

[/QUOTE]

Will there be teleprompters at the debates?  Hmmmmm........how could Mitt beat up on Gingrich, Santorum, Paul, etc and get "mopped" by a lightweight-incompetent like Obama?

[/QUOTE]

Don't remember him beating up on them in the debates.  Did he?  But how did he get the nomination?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You were the first to be beaten up by Citizens United money.  You know that. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will there be teleprompters at the debates?  Hmmmmm........how could Mitt beat up on Gingrich, Santorum, Paul, etc and get "mopped" by a lightweight-incompetent like Obama?

[/QUOTE]

Don't remember him beating up on them in the debates.  Did he?  But how did he get the nomination?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You were the first to be beaten up by Citizens United money.  You know that. 

[/QUOTE]

Think Gingrich is arguably the best debator alive.  The Obama adminstration was frightened bad.  Romney handled him easily

[/QUOTE]

I agree that Gingrich is arguably the best debator in modern times.  Mitt didn't beat Newt in the debates-not even close. Mitt beat Newt by outspending him on negative ads. He crucified Gingrich with personal attacks. Just ask Gingrich. He accused Romney of trying to buy the election. In that regard, Newt and I age in complete agreement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:

Also wanted to add that when you have someone like Romney, who won't tell us specifics..then what you have to do is look at his record. The only poltical record he has is Governor of Massachusetts. 47th in the nation in job creation..cut taxes..but raised fees and no one felt the pain more than small business.

Gee, Obama has been our president for four years and I still can't tell you what his specifics are other than awar on god and free birth control pills. 

[/QUOTE]

Really..? What war on God..? Is there a war on God? I am not going to list out all the things that Obama has done but here's a few.

The first...Race to the Top ..is something that is near and dear to my heart. Through this legislation he stood up to unions and encouraged states to create more innovative ideas to improve education. This program essentially replaced NCLB..which was an unfunded mandate. Race to the Top also encouraged the expansion of charter schools and led directly to Massachusetts lifting the cap on Charter Schools.

He created programs to combat fraud and waste, to prevent members of the executive branch from accepting gifts from lobbyists, got rid of DADT, ended the war in Iraq....deportations of illegal immigrants has increased under the Obama administration..and oh yeah..Osama Bin Laden was taken out under his command.

You know what they say..."there are none so blind as those who will not see".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also wanted to add that when you have someone like Romney, who won't tell us specifics..then what you have to do is look at his record. The only poltical record he has is Governor of Massachusetts. 47th in the nation in job creation..cut taxes..but raised fees and no one felt the pain more than small business.

Gee, Obama has been our president for four years and I still can't tell you what his specifics are other than awar on god and free birth control pills. 

[/QUOTE]

Really..? What war on God..? Is there a war on God? I am not going to list out all the things that Obama has done but here's a few.

The first...Race to the Top ..is something that is near and dear to my heart. Through this legislation he stood up to unions and encouraged states to create more innovative ideas to improve education. This program essentially replaced NCLB..which was an unfunded mandate. Race to the Top also encouraged the expansion of charter schools and led directly to Massachusetts lifting the cap on Charter Schools.

He created programs to combat fraud and waste, to prevent members of the executive branch from accepting gifts from lobbyists, got rid of DADT, ended the war in Iraq....deportations of illegal immigrants has increased under the Obama administration..and oh yeah..Osama Bin Laden was taken out under his command.

[/QUOTE]

Yes miscricket but don't forget that Obama and his hypocrite Democrat friends campaigned for years on campaign finance reform, when it was finally passed into law that Obama promptly opted out of public financing.

If you really believe that this administration has not been influenced by contributions from public employee unions around the nation or the auto industry you have been following the news. This administration was supposed to be hope and change but actually has done business the same as any in the past.

As far as the war on Iraq, Obama has basically surrendered our presence in the middle east leading to all the turmoil we have seen in the past week.

Which will continue worsen as the Islamists sense that the USA has a weak leader in the White House, as they did when Carter was President.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The reason why Obama is winning is simple, it's romney ! He's a LUNATIC !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes miscricket but don't forget that Obama and his hypocrite Democrat friends campaigned for years on campaign finance reform, when it was finally passed into law that Obama promptly opted out of public financing.

If you really believe that this administration has not been influenced by contributions from public employee unions around the nation or the auto industry you have been following the news. This administration was supposed to be hope and change but actually has done business the same as any in the past.

As far as the war on Iraq, Obama has basically surrendered our presence in the middle east leading to all the turmoil we have seen in the past week.

Which will continue worsen as the Islamists sense that the USA has a weak leader in the White House, as they did when Carter was President.

[/QUOTE]

ThatWasMe..the turmoil in the Middle East isn't because we pulled out of Iraq. We still have a strong presence there..and in light of the recent terrorist attacks..our presence there is about to get stronger. We had no business being in Iraq in the first place.

These incidents will continue to happen until the democracies in the Middle East become strong enough to quell them...that takes time. It doesn't happen in weeks or months..it takes many years and we should be supporting the good things that happen as loudly as we decry the bad things that happen.

The investigation into the murder of American citizens..including the Ambassador..and our own Glen Doherty. The FBI has been sent to Libya and more importantly..the government of Libya is offering its full cooperation. Several people have already been detained..and now it seems that this attack on the Consulate was pre-planned and may not even be in retaliation for the stupid YouTube video.

In Egypt..the government is taking action as we speak against the protesters. The wheels of justice are turning..and despite some posters on this site rushing to judgement...the sky is not falling.

While the right wing fringe on this site is playing the blame game...blaming our own government for the actions of a few...our President and our intelligence and defense departments are busy doing their jobs and focusing on the criminals who deserve the blame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Also..ThatWasMe..I agree with you on campaign finance. The thing is..they all have to agree to it. Otherwise one side gets an unfair advantage over the other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Also..ThatWasMe..I agree with you on campaign finance. The thing is..they all have to agree to it. Otherwise one side gets an unfair advantage over the other.

[/QUOTE]

In 2008 McCain and Obama early on both pleged to accept public financing if the law passed.

This is all we heard from Democrats for years, led by demogogue Charles Schumer.

When the law finally passed Obama promptly reneged on his promise to McCain and opted to accept private funds. Not a peep from the Democrats.

This election Obama has well over 200 fundraisers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In 2008 McCain and Obama early on both pleged to accept public financing if the law passed.

This is all we heard from Democrats for years, led by demogogue Charles Schumer.

When the law finally passed Obama promptly reneged on his promise to McCain and opted to accept private funds. Not a peep from the Democrats.

[/QUOTE]

It was wrong of him ..and one of the things I don't like about him ( I don't have to like everything about our President..lol).  I am guessing there was a lot of pressure form the democratic establishment for him to accept private funds and he gave in. I wouldn't have. If they had a deal..then they both should have honored it. I don't blame McCain for then accepting private funds. The problem is..that in situtations like this ...it needs to be mandated or no one will do it.

I think that after this election...when people total up the amount spent by both sides..you will see the campaign spending at an all time high..and that itself may motivate people to demand that we change the way campaigns are financed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if you think for a second that the wingnuts wouldn't have done the same if they were capable of raising the money Obama did then I have a bridge to sell you.

[/QUOTE]

If if and buts were candy and nuts we'd have a great Christmas.

16. This post has been removed.