Women's Health Advocates horrified as Perry signs 'draconian' abortion bill into Law

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Women's Health Advocates horrified as Perry signs 'draconian' abortion bill into Law

What most of these "men" aren't taking into consideration is that most abortions which happen after 5 months have nothing to do with birth control..and everything to do with the health of the mother or fetus.

What's particularly sad about this bill is that in addition to banning abortion after 5 months with no exception for the health of the mother or fetus and no exception for rape or incest...the bill also drastically cut funding for women's health and family planning services.

Listen..I find the idea of any woman having an abortion as a form of birth control distasteful and wrong...but the reality is there are a thousand other reasons that women make this painful decision or have it made for them

I guess what will happen in Texas is that you will have a situation like you had last year in Ireland. A  woman, 5+months pregnant  discovers that her baby is not going to continue to develop and a miscarriage is imminent. The woman..unable to have a safer procedure to terminate the pregnancy (because of an abortion ban) was forced to endure a painful miscarriage..one that resulted in complications that caused her to bleed to death.
    No doubt..a woman somewhere in Texas will have to meet the same fate before the "men" in charge realize it's just not their business.

I ask all the "men" in this forum who are in support of the TX bill. What if that were your wife, sister, daughter? Would you still feel that they are expendable for the sake of principle?

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Women's Health Advocates horrified as Perry signs 'draconian' abortion bill into Law

In response to miscricket's comment:

What most of these "men" aren't taking into consideration is that most abortions which happen after 5 months have nothing to do with birth control..and everything to do with the health of the mother or fetus.

What's particularly sad about this bill is that in addition to banning abortion after 5 months with no exception for the health of the mother or fetus and no exception for rape or incest...the bill also drastically cut funding for women's health and family planning services.

Listen..I find the idea of any woman having an abortion as a form of birth control distasteful and wrong...but the reality is there are a thousand other reasons that women make this painful decision or have it made for them

I guess what will happen in Texas is that you will have a situation like you had last year in Ireland. A  woman, 5+months pregnant  discovers that her baby is not going to continue to develop and a miscarriage is imminent. The woman..unable to have a safer procedure to terminate the pregnancy (because of an abortion ban) was forced to endure a painful miscarriage..one that resulted in complications that caused her to bleed to death.
    No doubt..a woman somewhere in Texas will have to meet the same fate before the "men" in charge realize it's just not their business.

I ask all the "men" in this forum who are in support of the TX bill. What if that were your wife, sister, daughter? Would you still feel that they are expendable for the sake of principle?

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

"What most of these "men" aren't taking into consideration is that most abortions which happen after 5 months have nothing to do with birth control..and everything to do with the health of the mother or fetus."

Which is covered in the bill, so what's your point?

I find it strange that the liberals don't see the obvious reality:  The unborn baby is completely dependent on the mother.  To terminate the pregnancy not as a matter of health, but as a matter of choice, and that is what we are discussing here, is utterly barbarric, and support of such by such seemingly smart liberals baffles me. 

I guess liberalism is a cult of death.

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts