Would the Right Wing Say Jesus was a Commie?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Would the Right Wing Say Jesus was a Commie?

What would the left wing say about Islam? Would they recognize the truth of how its adherents behave - not allowing women to drive, treating women as second class citizens, outlawing homosexuality, etc.

WHy doesn't the left attack Islam for the very same reasons they attack Christianity? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

The secular left doesn't attack christmas, the right says the secular left attacks christmas (just so they can find another reason to hate the secular left). There's a differance. Stop playing the victim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

The secular left doesn't attack christmas, the right says the secular left attacks christmas (just so they can find another reason to hate the secular left). There's a differance. Stop playing the victim.

Right, no leftists complaining about Christmas here:

atheist times square

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1527712/thumbs/o-ATHEIST-TIMES-SQUARE-570.jpg?6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

You're assuming all atheists are liberal and all liberals are atheist.  But the title of the thread suggests Jesus was Liberal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're assuming all atheists are liberal and all liberals are atheist.  But the title of the thread suggests Jesus was Liberal.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't responding to the title of the thread. I'll start my New Years resolution off early and leave it at that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That sign says "atheist.org" not "leftist.org".

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Really?

All liberals are not atheists of course. Probably most aren't. But the claim was SECULAR liberals, not liberals. If you read the article you will read that some humanist organization defended the signs in court. I suppose they could be right wing Christian humanists.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No, but the lib/left/rad/soc would !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

The original post has been deleted for some reason, but...

to answer the question, I would say many on the right would say Jesus is the son of God, an attribute many on the left like barbara Walters see in Obama.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It is possible to be an atheist and believe the teachings of the Bible.

The Bible is a book with many lessons to be applied in life. 

Faith is a wonderful thing.

But, you can abide by the Ten Commandments and the teachings of the Bible without necessarily believing that the Bible is meant to be a "historical reference."

A Leftist is often defined as a liberal, but not everything is black and white. I beleieve we do not live in a black and white world. You can sympathize with the Leftist , the liberal and also understand the moderate, the Right Wing tends to be less likely to bend. They generally believe in a black and white world. Example : HOMOSEXUALITY IS 100% WRONG, THEREFORE ALL HOMOSEXUALS WILL GO TO HELL.- I don't believe this. As a somewhat left leaning moderate who often refers to himself as an Atheist, I believe this- There are Homosexuals. There will always be Homosexuals. I can't change that, nor do I care to. I am White, there will always be people of another color, I can't change that, nor do I care to. I may not believe in God as he is widely portrayed in Biblical stories, but I have no issues with people who do, this is not a bad thing, if these people follow the teachings in the bible and want to believe they are the word of God, who am I to argue?

I accept the world as it, imperfect. There is no use trying to remove things that you believe are wrong.....because you are not chosen to judge. Too many Right wing wing nuts believe that their word is law and the way they perceive it is all that counts. 

We can all look at a Salvador Dali painting and have a different opinion of it. It can be perceived 60 ways by 60 different people. None of them are right except Dali's and he's dead......just like the people who wrote the Bible....maybe it was meant to be perceived  as the individual wants to perceive it. But as to who the author is, well he's not talking. 

So, is Jesus a commie? He generally perceived as a rebel. I guess it's up to the individual to decide. Lincoln , Kennedy, Jesus, Dali , George Carlin ....all these people are no longer with us. How history remembers them is all we have. There is much to wonder about. Any one can form an opinion and believe it's true. 

I would say Right Wing extremists would not like any of them. But, they are good at blurring lines when push comes to shove and the Jesus they pray to is probably in a different image than the Jesus a Liberal prays to , or at least they believe the parts of the story they like best ....like the part about homosexuals being evil. I have known a few, and they seem mostly very decent people. Not sure why so much hate is directed at them, I find it utter foolishness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But, you can abide by the Ten Commandments and the teachings of the Bible without necessarily believing that the Bible is meant to be a "historical reference."

A Leftist is often defined as a liberal, but not everything is black and white. I beleieve we do not live in a black and white world. You can sympathize with the Leftist , the liberal and also understand the moderate, the Right Wing tends to be less likely to bend. They generally believe in a black and white world. Example : HOMOSEXUALITY IS 100% WRONG, THEREFORE ALL HOMOSEXUALS WILL GO TO HELL.- I don't believe this. As a somewhat left leaning moderate who often refers to himself as an Atheist, I believe this- There are Homosexuals. There will always be Homosexuals. I can't change that, nor do I care to. I am White, there will always be people of another color, I can't change that, nor do I care to. I may not believe in God as he is widely portrayed in Biblical stories, but I have no issues with people who do, this is not a bad thing, if these people follow the teachings in the bible and want to believe they are the word of God, who am I to argue?

I accept the world as it, imperfect. There is no use trying to remove things that you believe are wrong.....because you are not chosen to judge. Too many Right wing wing nuts believe that their word is law and the way they perceive it is all that counts. 

We can all look at a Salvador Dali painting and have a different opinion of it. It can be perceived 60 ways by 60 different people. None of them are right except Dali's and he's dead......just like the people who wrote the Bible....maybe it was meant to be perceived  as the individual wants to perceive it. But as to who the author is, well he's not talking. 

So, is Jesus a commie? He generally perceived as a rebel. I guess it's up to the individual to decide. Lincoln , Kennedy, Jesus, Dali , George Carlin ....all these people are no longer with us. How history remembers them is all we have. There is much to wonder about. Any one can form an opinion and believe it's true. 

I would say Right Wing extremists would not like any of them. But, they are good at blurring lines when push comes to shove and the Jesus they pray to is probably in a different image than the Jesus a Liberal prays to , or at least they believe the parts of the story they like best ....like the part about homosexuals being evil. I have known a few, and they seem mostly very decent people. Not sure why so much hate is directed at them, I find it utter foolishness.

[/QUOTE]

You must be a yoga instructor.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am glad that my ramblings are worthy. This was completly "off the cuff."

Too bad the O.P. was removed.

I do not teach yoga and I know almost nothing about it.

My fellow poster yogafriend would likely find this reference amusing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]

I am glad that my ramblings are worthy. This was completey "off the cuff."

Too bad the O.P. was removed.

I do not teach yoga and I know almost nothing about it.

My fellow poster yogafriend would likely find this reference amusing.

[/QUOTE]
    There is an OpEd in the Globe today discussing the "Is Jesus White"  issue.  So with Jesus as a major contributor to the news as of late, I checked this thread.  :) 

As for your writings having any connection to yoga instructors or instruction ... I will have to take a pass regarding my opinion and observation.  We rarely speak in devisive terms.  It's all a matter of balance.  However, we all should aspire to improve, no one is perfect, and no issue is black and white, never was, never will be.   As you know, I have my own writing style, you have yours, my friend.  It's not about the content, it's about respect, engagement, with a little spice thrown in.  :)

But all in all, since "RonRFan" was making a joke, I have to say, I am certainly amused, as well as honored.  Thank you.   How about I dedicate my yoga session tonight to you, "RonRFan" ?   I like the idea.  :)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

And, once again, ignorance rears its ugly head. As an athiest, you simply cannot abide by nearly 1/2 of the ten commandments. I'm not sure you've read, or are truly aware of them.

[/QUOTE]

Yup...ignorance rears it's ugly head.

And you are it.

The ten commandments:

1. You shall have no other gods before me. 

I don't have any gods, so I am good there.

2. You shalt not make for yourself a carved image or likeness of anything that is in heaven or that is in the Earth beneath, you shalt not bow down to them and serve them.

I'm okay there too.

3. You shalt not take the name of the lord in vain.

We, I'll give you this one. I've uttered my share of "goddammits"....and a few others.

4. Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

Sorry, I have sinned here also, I work on Sundays quite often, out of necessity, if I had my choice I would not.....but all those darn people keep sending me bills!

5. Honor your father and mother.

They are both gone, but while they were here I was pretty good to both , another thumbs up for me!

6.You shalt not murder.

So far so good, and I work in retail, so this is a true challenge...but I've been good!

7. You shalt not commit adultery.

I'm not married, but have been true to one lady for over 20 years. Another thumbs up for me!

8. You shalt not steal.

I am not a crook....unlike Nixon, I really am not.

9. You shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor.

....another one for me....!!!!, I'm doing pretty good, don't you think?

10. You shalt not covet your neighbor's house, wife, his male servant, his female servant, not his ox , his donkey or anything that is your neighbor's.

I don't want my neighbor's wife, house or car....and to my knowledge he does not have an ox, donkey or any servants.... I wouldn't want them anyhow.

Score another one for me.....lets' total it up:

Seeems I rate a quality 8 of 10.....with a little stumble on #3 and #4 ....but really, saying goddammit and few choice swear words every so often, and working Sundays....hardly the stuff that will condem a man forever.....but I am not a saint or sinner....just an ordinary, average guy.

So, in your ignorance, you claim I cannot abide by "half" of the ten commandments, when in fact I can claim 8 out of 10!!!....not bad for a non-believer....pretty cool.

Maybe you should think before you post next time.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The original post has been deleted for some reason, but...

to answer the question, I would say many on the right would say Jesus is the son of God, an attribute many on the left like barbara Walters see in Obama.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, good one!