Wow, I thought Europe was supposed to be advanced and more tolerant!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Wow, I thought Europe was supposed to be advanced and more tolerant!

If democrats put half the pressure on their own party compared to the constant blame they put on the other party they would have much better results.

Dems had a SUPERMAJORITY and did nothing!

Dems say "well they had other things to do"

yea right, what is said to be the most important civil rights issue of this generation and they had more important things to do?

Buy a clue and try to understand they give you just enough to keep you voting for them and them unaccountible!

The repubs do the same with conservatives; they just dont sell it as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

If democrats put half the pressure on their own party compared to the constant blame they put on the other party they would have much better results.

Dems had a SUPERMAJORITY and did nothing!

Dems say "well they had other things to do"

yea right, what is said to be the most important civil rights issue of this generation and they had more important things to do?

Buy a clue and try to understand they give you just enough to keep you voting for them and them unaccountible!

The repubs do the same with conservatives; they just dont sell it as well.

No, not really.

The momentum had been building for some time with the Mass. decision to allow gay marriage and the whole lot of nothing that happened afterward.

It continued with the 2006 mid-terms which empowered activists and again with the 2008 election and brief dem dominance on the national stage.

Health care reform was always more important; primarily because it affects every single person in america...not just gay ones.

Congress doesn't usually set political trends; they react to them. and not always correctly or sufficiently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

No, not really.

It continued with the 2006 mid-terms which empowered activists and again with the 2008 election and brief dem dominance on the national stage. 

yea a brief TWO years with a SUPER MAJORITY!! preceeded by a simple majority for 2 years!

lol keep making excuses, they depend on it!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

No, not really.

yea a brief TWO years with a SUPER MAJORITY!! preceeded by a simple majority for 2 years!

lol keep making excuses, they depend on it!

The super majority did not last two years, and the 'simple' majority still had a recalcitrant, lame duck pres to go through.

In any case, there were these things called wars and this other thing called a global financial meltdown which were kind of on the front burner.

None of which, by the way, excuses the repubs for obstructing or ignoring the issue out-of-hand all the time with no real justification for their views.  They were too busy passing gay marriage bans at the state level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The super majority did not last two years, and the 'simple' majority still had a recalcitrant, lame duck pres to go through.

In any case, there were these things called wars and this other thing called a global financial meltdown which were kind of on the front burner.

None of which, by the way, excuses the repubs for obstructing or ignoring the issue out-of-hand all the time with no real justification for their views.  They were too busy passing gay marriage bans at the state level. 

lol yep they LOVE you and your let them off and blame the other side mentality!

and all those that think exactly the same wa about their political ideology left and right, since on both sides ya'll are all they need.

divide and conquer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

lol yep they LOVE you and your let them off and blame the other side mentality!

and all those that think exactly the same wa about their political ideology left and right, since on both sides ya'll are all they need.

divide and conquer!

I'm under no allusions as to who voted to allow DOMA in the first place.

Nor am I confused about who is now voting to try and keep it.

And I'm also not the one trying to re-direct the topic to Europe to no conceivable end, whatsoever.  If you're trying to argue that France is more anti-gay than the U.S., you're just wrong and couldn't prove it even if you were right.