Your take on the first Presidential Debate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pan. Show Pan's posts

Re: Your take on the first Presidential Debate?

OBAMA DID FINE -- SOLID FACTS AND A SOLID POLITICAL PROGRAM THAT WILL BENEFIT THE MIDDLE CLASS.

ROMNEY is vaporware, elusive as smoke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from linuxsucks. Show linuxsucks's posts

Memo to Obama camp: Next time just send the teleprompter. Obama got his butt kicked big time. What is it Liz would say, " Barack, Now you know how Custer felt".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pan. Show Pan's posts

In response to linuxsucks' comment:

Racism, overt or covert, is never pretty. Grow up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from linuxsucks. Show linuxsucks's posts

In response to Pan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to linuxsucks' comment:

Racism, overt or covert, is never pretty. Grow up.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that lame respnse is the best you have. What did you study, The Obama debate guide to debating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlieVig. Show CharlieVig's posts

Romney lied about the following, but the President did not challenge him on:

1/ health care when Romney said he wouldn't take away the pre-existing conditions coverage.

2/ Taxes, he lied about the 20 percent rate cut because he

did not say how he would pay for it.

3/ That use of the $716 billion.

There were also a few other things he lied about!

Other thoughts:
    O'Bama can act Presidential on stage and still be more aggressive

on the validity of the "Romney facts".

There was no mention of the 47% remark which should have been

used in the President's closing statement.

He should have said to Romney:

"When your President, you don't write off half of the electorate".

People who don't pay Fed. income tax are not victims and they do pay

all types other taxes.

The President was right on content & substance.

Charles Viglione

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pan. Show Pan's posts

In response to BDCEditor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has the debate changed the outcome of your vote? 

I have voted for Republicans like Bill Weld in the past, but at this point I will never, ever in my lifetime vote for a Republican, no matter who they are. A vote for a Republican, even here in Massachusetts, aids and abets the national Republican Party.

The Republican Party is a major force for evil. The clearest recent manifestation of that has been in the party's attempt to suppress voting in most Republican-coontrolled states. It's just so transparently EVIL what they are doing.

The Republican Party is THE major barrier to getting the economy going again. They have chosen to obstruct economic measures that we need to get America working again. Vote Republican if you want to tear down the American economy and hand over what remains to the plutocrats.

They have no respect for truth or justice, and they foster selfish, anti-Christian values. If Jesus were alive today, he would not be a Republican.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from barbnf. Show barbnf's posts

I'm a SUBSTANCE over FORM person, so for me ... the President won by a long mile! ...

I am NOT impressed by theatrics ...

SUBSTANCE ... TRUTH ... MATH (does it add up?) ... These are the things I FOCUS on ... With that in mind, the President WON!!! ...

Romney's VAGUE plans sometimes contradict what he has stated BEFORE ... He can CHANGE on a dime ... He'll say ANYTHING and do ANYTHING to get to the White House and ONLY those NOT paying attention to CONSISTENT positions will believe some of what he said tonight ...

His tax cuts can NOT happen IF he plans to BALANCE the BUDGET ... On a PREVIOUS Primary debate he REFUSED a 10:1 spending cuts to tax revenue ... In order to BALANCE the budget, we need a BALANCED APPROACH ... Tax REVENUES and spending cuts ... ONLY those who have NO fidelity to TRUTH will tell you otherwise ... Ahem! ... So, WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? ...

I BELIEVE the President ... He HAS DEMONSTRATED FIDELITY TO TRUTH ... Something I admire in a person ...

Those who lack this fidelity do NOT belong in the White House ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pan. Show Pan's posts

In response to linuxsucks' comment: Seriously, that lame respnse is the best you have. What did you study, The Obama debate guide to debating.

So, fratboy, what is it that you think is so cute about the Custer remark? do you think that the morons on Brown's campaign staff doing mock Indian war whoops on videotape is cute? or that Scott Brown claims on TV that he knows an Indian when he sees one?

You have some ethnicity, some identity, and you probably think of yourself as belonging to that group. At some point in the past, your people were most likely demeaned in similar ways by nativists. There was a time when the Irish were not considered "white" by nativists here in Boston. Lots of Irish jokes. The problem is that MANY Brown supporters have the same sophomoric mentality that you do.

Grow up.

Nothing has damaged Brown's campaign more than his attacks on Warren's ethnicity. He comes off as a first class fratboy jerk who uses the ethnicity issue to divert attention away from his true political stripes.

You keep that repulsive image of Brown alive, and in the process undermine his candidacy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajJohn. Show MajJohn's posts

Consensus from both sides of the aisle is that Romney won.  Even liberal commentators concede this point.  Many commentators in these forums thought Obama would easily beat Romney.  Romney was confident and concisely laid out his plans.  People will be surprised because too many turn to left-leaning news outlets for their information, and what we saw was contrary to their narrative.  Anyone apologizing for the President's performance wish for a better outcome, but the fact remains that Romney clearly won. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickS357. Show RickS357's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't watch it. Obama will lie. That will irritate me. Then Romney will be a wuss and won't put the screws to Obama's lies and that will irritate me. I prefer not to be irritated. 

Most of us here could write the script for it - moonbats and wingnuts alike.

In the end there is no way I would EVER vote for Obama. Romney might get my vote, reluctantly. I can't imagine anything that happens in the debate is going to change that.

[/QUOTE]

SHOULD HAVE WATCHED IT! IT WOULD HAVE YOU MADE PROUD OF ROMNEY, DIDN'T WUSS OUT ALL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickS357. Show RickS357's posts

This was a rebate between a guy who graduated in the top 5% of both Harvard Law and Business verus someone who we don't know his ranking at Harvard, other than it was always pointed out his was president of the law review. 

This was between someone who built a company from zero to a billion dollars vs someone who never had a private industry job. 

This was between someone who created a profit out of a near bankrupt Olympics to something that turned a profit VERUS a small town community activist , who relied on government money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickS357. Show RickS357's posts

In response to nautic3727's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Romney made sense in this debate.  Obama made double speak.

[/QUOTE]

Correcto, my friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbigboy. Show soxbigboy's posts

In response to redbaron1966's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Flip Romney flipped again.  Taxes was a good example.  His plan to give tax cuts to millionaires/billionaires to start the year, and now he's for a Middle Class Tax Cut?

I guess his preacher gave him a deathbed conversion. 

If you are in the Middle Class, trust Romney.  I don't think so.

[/QUOTE]

Let me go out a limb and say your mind was made up before the debate and NOTHING was going to change it. So you are voting for Romney, huh? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbigboy. Show soxbigboy's posts

In response to smidda's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, Mitt looks like a pervert when he smiles at Obama.

[/QUOTE]

And Obama looked like Alfred E. Newman when he smiled.

[/QUOTE]

Love it, Alfeed E Newman. That's Great, you know you're right in saying it, he does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Romney hit this one out of the park and he'll get a debate bump, it is now game on for the White House.

Romney was a man on fire; a master with his facts, confident with every answer, even masterful with a little humor but also firmly ans strong in going after Obama.

Obama had a very bad 20th wedding anniversary; he was distracted, not engaged, frustrated; he scowled and looked annoyed as Romney spoke.

The winner of this debate was so obvious that even Joan Vennochi had to acknowledge it.

Could it be one and done; we can only hope and vote so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbigboy. Show soxbigboy's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both full of it. Each took turns batting eachother around with largely empty platitudes. On scale of 10, Mitt's level detail was 1 and Obama's 2.

Mitt simultaneously loves and hates the same provisions and principals of Obamacare. Seems to only not want advice on what practices are efficient and to do away with mandate. Obamacare - mandate = explosion of premiums.

Not clear whether Mitt was distancing self from or lying about Ryan plan, previously endorsed.

Error for Obama to stress fighting hard when he basically got 20% for every 80% in negotiation with Republicans.

Mitt working with Dems in Mass because they had 83% is irrelevant. Which Mitt shows up with Republican congress, or even just house, is the real question.

47% !

Obama got more time. Repeatedly.

[/QUOTE]

How many beers did you actually drink during this debate? You must been legally drunk while watching?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jim Lehrer was terrible. Romney won this debate, but failed again to explain how he is going to achieve what he discussed. Obama seemed nervous, a bit overconfident, and couldn't quite articulate what he was thinking. Not sure if tonight will change many voters minds, but Obama clearly needs to come out better prepared for the next debate. It will be interesting to see how the media spins this one.

[/QUOTE]

Several of us watched the debate together and we did not think after seeing it that Romney won -- Obama's points and plans had MUCH more substance than Romney's. Romney is such a shape-shifter -- he evaded saying anything concrete about what he will do. We were wishing that Obama challenge Romney's distortions and outright lies more vigorously-- Obama is way too polite, and this has been the general problem. He is reticent to put the blame firmly where it needs to be put -- on the Republicans and their unpatriotic and self-serviing obstructionism. He needs to be more of a fighter. Part of the problem is that he needs to tread carefully so as not to appear as an angry black man, but part of it is that at his core Obama is a very reasonable and respectful person.

We think that Obama DID articulate what he was thinking well -- he is all about solving problems (and he clearly has practical solutions, something that Romney totally lacks), but he didn't deal well at all with the gladiator-combat aspects of the debate. 

But the mainstream media is way off. Watching CNN afterwards was pure torture -- CNN's personnel are clearly biased in favor of conservatives -- many, even most, come off as Republican shills. I absolutely can't stand Wolf Blitzer. CNN has fallen soooo far.

[/QUOTE]

Man what glasses did you have on last night?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mittens stayed on message, which is a hot fudge sunday diet for America without the calories.

He'll miraculously cut the deficit, create millions of jobs and lower everyone's taxes ..... Ya just have to elect him to find out how.

Obama was overly technical and diconnected. The policy wonk got tedious at times.

He missed a big opening to jab Mittens over his tax returns, or lack of, when Mittens brought up his accountants.

Over all a tie and the tie goes to the challenger.

It ain't gonna swing the race either way.

Obama has a tailwind and Mittens has lost too much ground in the swing states.

[/QUOTE]

A tie, you obviously played the drinking game during the debate call 911 for detox now!

All the talking heads (left and right) said Romney won this on style, deliverly and masterful use of the facts.  Obama looked old. tired and disconnected, he didn't look like he wanted to win.

Its a brand new race; the only question is how many points in the lead will this make Romney. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Romney did well.  The debate was better than I thought it would be.  I wish they could have had fewer segments and allowed to spend more time on the segments.

I have one question.  If Romney is going to cut taxes, increase defense spending, not change social security, not change Medicare for people on Medicare or near retirement, isn't going to cut education spending, how does the deficit get cut?  He said that the tax cuts would be paid for by increased revenue related to a growing economy, but means the existing deficit would stay the same.

[/QUOTE]

Romney answered your question repeatedly.  Do something Obama has not done, something that liberals think can't be done.  Grow the economy and cut spending simultaneously.

Growing the economy, and implementing his plan means that in the very least, the deficit as a percent of the economy drops, so,  think his position would be that the size of the deficit would not stay the same.

However, Romney's plan is easier said than done, I'll give you that.  But, at least it is a plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Romney did well.  The debate was better than I thought it would be.  I wish they could have had fewer segments and allowed to spend more time on the segments.

I have one question.  If Romney is going to cut taxes, increase defense spending, not change social security, not change Medicare for people on Medicare or near retirement, isn't going to cut education spending, how does the deficit get cut?  He said that the tax cuts would be paid for by increased revenue related to a growing economy, but means the existing deficit would stay the same.

[/QUOTE]

Romney answered your question repeatedly.  Do something Obama has not done, something that liberals think can't be done.  Grow the economy and cut spending simultaneously.

Growing the economy, and implementing his plan means that in the very least, the deficit as a percent of the economy drops, so,  think his position would be that the size of the deficit would not stay the same.

However, Romney's plan is easier said than done, I'll give you that.  But, at least it is a plan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to sunapee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was amazingly impressed by Romney's  debate skills. He is obviously highly intelligent and spoke very convincingly,backing up his arguments and ideas with many factual examples. This iis one time that the media could not spin their negative, critical opinion of Romney. All summer long he has been unfairly portrayed on numerous occasions by the liberal media, while they have fawned over Obama and given him a pass on questionable actions. Thwy have all but handed him a second term, but after tonight the American public who watched this debate have seen for themselves that Romney can lead this country.

Now can one possibly hope for the media to report the news, not slant it?

[/QUOTE]

It drives the mainstream media crazy that Romney gets the opportunity to talk directly to the American people without going through their Obama-filter. 

I hear there is a suicide watch at MSNBC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jim Lehrer was terrible. Romney won this debate, but failed again to explain how he is going to achieve what he discussed. Obama seemed nervous, a bit overconfident, and couldn't quite articulate what he was thinking. Not sure if tonight will change many voters minds, but Obama clearly needs to come out better prepared for the next debate. It will be interesting to see how the media spins this one.

[/QUOTE]

Several of us watched the debate together and we did not think after seeing it that Romney won -- Obama's points and plans had MUCH more substance than Romney's. Romney is such a shape-shifter -- he evaded saying anything concrete about what he will do. We were wishing that Obama challenge Romney's distortions and outright lies more vigorously-- Obama is way too polite, and this has been the general problem. He is reticent to put the blame firmly where it needs to be put -- on the Republicans and their unpatriotic and self-serviing obstructionism. He needs to be more of a fighter. Part of the problem is that he needs to tread carefully so as not to appear as an angry black man, but part of it is that at his core Obama is a very reasonable and respectful person.

We think that Obama DID articulate what he was thinking well -- he is all about solving problems (and he clearly has practical solutions, something that Romney totally lacks), but he didn't deal well at all with the gladiator-combat aspects of the debate. 

But the mainstream media is way off. Watching CNN afterwards was pure torture -- CNN's personnel are clearly biased in favor of conservatives -- many, even most, come off as Republican shills. I absolutely can't stand Wolf Blitzer. CNN has fallen soooo far.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I have to say you might be the only person in the country today to think that both Obama won the debate and that CNN pundits are conservative.  Just wow.

BTW:  How long have you worked at the Globe?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I think it may have been a game changer! The 18% who are undecided but, perhaps leaning one way or the other; witnessed a strong business executive school a novice; seemingly unprepared and clueless nice guy!

25. This post has been removed.