Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"maybe that confrontation led to zimmerman getting beat up by a 17 year old kid? does that give him the right to murder the kid? no."

So if Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman, viciously beating his head against the pavement and also breaking his nose, then Zimmerman has no right to pull his weapon to save his own life?

You clearly have already made your mind up, that it was a racist act against an innocent kid, it fits your predetermined template.

If Martin looked suspicious to Zimmerman because he was walking in and out of buildings in the rain, how do you think Zimmerman looked to Martin?  If Zimmerman was justified in following Martin, then Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman.  Beating him senseless was lawful, according to Florida's 'stand your ground' law.  

I'd have a hard time finding Zimmerman guilty of murder, because I don't think this is what he intended to happen, but he can't dodge all accountability here - his actions are responsible for Martin's death.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

the kid whooping zimmerman, a grown man, also doesn't prove who attacked who. but we do know that zimmerman was following/stalking him and he confronted the kid, not the other way around. either way when you bring a gun to a fist fight and pull the trigger ending someone, especially a minor's life, that is murder to me. i'm not a judge or part of the jury and that's my opinion. the guy was looking for trouble and he found it.

Ok, but, Im glad we use due process and a presumption of innocence and not your opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

maybe that confrontation led to zimmerman getting beat up by a 17 year old kid? does that give him the right to murder the kid?

Yes, if he felt his life was in danger!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I think she did a good job as a witness, considering her age and those handicaps.

[QUOTE]

She is 19!

Other than 2 acts of perjury...ok

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

I think she did a good job as a witness, considering her age and those handicaps.

[QUOTE]

She is 19!

Other than 2 acts of perjury...ok

Trying to be kind.  Her friend was killed.  Her life is that of a 19 year old illiterate racist. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

so, on one hand, you tell us about main stream media bias in the case. then, you provide us with main stream media articles to support your claim.. i don't think anyone under the age of 30 takes fox news seriously.

and again, maybe martin was giving zimmerman a whooping. that doesn't prove he was the aggressor and started the fight. trayvon martin wasn't riding around following zimmerman, zimmerman was riding around following martin. zimmerman approached martin. common sense would say zimmerman is at fault for starting a confrontation. maybe that confrontation led to zimmerman getting beat up by a 17 year old kid? does that give him the right to murder the kid? no.

I know people under 30 don't take fox news seriously.  Why should they, when they have the Daily Show to feed them the news?  Sigh.

Keep in mind this "kid" you keep referring to was in a bit of trouble from time to time.  I think there is a point where the imprimatur of the term "kid" doesn't apply.  I think Trayvon reached that point.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

yes, american media is bad. but that doesn't change the fact that zimmerman stalked, confronted, and the murdered a 17 year old unarmed kid.

How do you know that?  Were you there?

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

Exactly right!

Also MrCricket/Godvernment does not seem to understamd the Americal judicial process.

All that matters, in this criminal trial, is what the triers of fact, the jury, decide what happenned that night in the end.

He is also a tired record with US bad, US media bad, etc. If he wants to live here, remember the debate about the oath people have to swear to to become a natural citizen. It is USA first, no matter how you defend THIS country. Bear arms for the US against ANY enemy combatant.

Not to mention the gem about people under 30...i.e. the Me Me Me generation (born 1980-2000). Uh, kinda remember he is part of that demographic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

so, on one hand, you tell us about main stream media bias in the case. then, you provide us with main stream media articles to support your claim.. i don't think anyone under the age of 30 takes fox news seriously.

and again, maybe martin was giving zimmerman a whooping. that doesn't prove he was the aggressor and started the fight. trayvon martin wasn't riding around following zimmerman, zimmerman was riding around following martin. zimmerman approached martin. common sense would say zimmerman is at fault for starting a confrontation. maybe that confrontation led to zimmerman getting beat up by a 17 year old kid? does that give him the right to murder the kid? no.

I know people under 30 don't take fox news seriously.  Why should they, when they have the Daily Show to feed them the news?  Sigh.

Keep in mind this "kid" you keep referring to was in a bit of trouble from time to time.  I think there is a point where the imprimatur of the term "kid" doesn't apply.  I think Trayvon reached that point.

[/QUOTE]

He was 17 yrs old. Yet you suggest that Rachel Jeantel being 19 might be too young to be a credible witness.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Good point! 

Also, he talks about people under 30 as " they", as if they were another demographic. Kinda does not ring true. Seems many of us have put him in the same demo from his original avatar, etc. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

the kid whooping zimmerman, a grown man, also doesn't prove who attacked who. but we do know that zimmerman was following/stalking him and he confronted the kid, not the other way around. either way when you bring a gun to a fist fight and pull the trigger ending someone, especially a minor's life, that is murder to me. i'm not a judge or part of the jury and that's my opinion. the guy was looking for trouble and he found it.

Ok, but, Im glad we use due process and a presumption of innocence and not your opinion.

[/QUOTE]

tvoter,

I believe the majority of us are glad we use due process and a presumption of innocence and not his opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I felt bad Rachel Jeantel

I didn't, and neither should you.

She is a witness, she has a role.  I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist.  I think some people who say these qualities will endear her to the jury are largely correct.  This, despite her somewhat contradictory testimony.

[/QUOTE]

John 8:7 ....

[/QUOTE]

Since when is reporting the facts casting stones?

She can't read.  A letter was written for her, she was unable to read it.

She doesn't think the word "cracker" in reference to white people is racist.  She USES IT ALL THE TIME. (her testimony).

AND,  I think she did a good job as a witness, considering her age and those handicaps.

So, get your head out of your bit and stop wishing for another O.J. trial.

[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about the Zimmerman Trail ...... I never said anything about an O J Trail ......  you called her illiterate ... you called her a racist .... I didn't ..... all I said I felt bad for the girl ...... now get a grip on yourself and ease up ..... did you bother to ask me why I felt sorry for her ... no you didn't Mr N. Wit .... if you don't then shut your pie hole .. you little fraction of a human being ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I felt bad Rachel Jeantel

I didn't, and neither should you.

She is a witness, she has a role.  I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist.  I think some people who say these qualities will endear her to the jury are largely correct.  This, despite her somewhat contradictory testimony.

[/QUOTE]

John 8:7 ....

[/QUOTE]

Since when is reporting the facts casting stones?

She can't read.  A letter was written for her, she was unable to read it.

She doesn't think the word "cracker" in reference to white people is racist.  She USES IT ALL THE TIME. (her testimony).

AND,  I think she did a good job as a witness, considering her age and those handicaps.

So, get your head out of your bit and stop wishing for another O.J. trial.

[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about the Zimmerman Trail ...... I never said anything about an O J Trail ......  you called her illiterate ... you called her a racist .... I didn't ..... all I said I felt bad for the girl ...... now get a grip on yourself and ease up ..... did you bother to ask me why I felt sorry for her ... no you didn't Mr N. Wit .... if you don't then shut your pie hole .. you little fraction of a human being ....

[/QUOTE]

Sister,

People who use the word "cracker" and do not think it has racial overtones ARE "crackers". This courtesy of Bill Mahr tonight on his Friday HBO show so people, do not jump on me.

Specific to you , Sister, good effort in keeping discussion on point. In particular not allowing anyone to put words in your mouth or making assumptions about the way you feel.

This is going to be a long trial. The more you and others are vigilant on keeping the record straight on what they really said the better the discussions will go...the more accurate the discussions will be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was 17 yrs old. Yet you suggest that Rachel Jeantel being 19 might be too young to be a credible witness.

[/QUOTE]

I suggested no such thing about the 19 year old witness.  As I stated several times, she was a good witness.  She is also apparently illiterate and a racist.

Trayvon was adult enough to smoke dope and get kicked out of school.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Good point! 

Also, he talks about people under 30 as " they", as if they were another demographic. Kinda does not ring true. Seems many of us have put him in the same demo from his original avatar, etc. 

[/QUOTE]

So, the standard is that someone else can bring up people under 30 not trusting fox, but when I bring it up, it is a problem?

I thorugh we settled this intellectual honesty thing.  You and Jed might want to review your notes.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

jed,

"I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist"

I think this is a great example of how the state/prosecution cannot handpick their witnesses. 

The fact that there are cameras therefore videos of her on the stand makes her testimony that much more "cringe worthy" than words from a dry transcript or a newspaper report to the general public.

Props to you for seeing it is what it is. She is who she is and not discrediting her testimony despite who she is as a person. The white educated lawyer and she literally had great trouble communicating. They put subtitles under her testimony due to the difficulty in understanding her. And let us not forget, English is her first language...though she is certainly not a master of her own language. Not a jab...simply a fact.

Really interesting layer on top of the content of her testimony.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Why did Trayvon never ask zimmerman why he was following him? If i was in trayvon's position that would have been the first question i would have asked zimmerman. But no, trayvon is/was nothing but a punk always looking for a fight and he got a bullet in the chest for being so macho. Like the saying goes, dont bring a knife to a gun fight. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Zimmerman was an armed "want to be cop" with a history of violence living out a fantasy .... does that make him guilty .. no .. it makes him a strange person who was able to get an firearm  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

Exactly right!

Also MrCricket/Godvernment does not seem to understamd the Americal judicial process.

All that matters, in this criminal trial, is what the triers of fact, the jury, decide what happenned that night in the end.

He is also a tired record with US bad, US media bad, etc. If he wants to live here, remember the debate about the oath people have to swear to to become a natural citizen. It is USA first, no matter how you defend THIS country. Bear arms for the US against ANY enemy combatant.

Not to mention the gem about people under 30...i.e. the Me Me Me generation (born 1980-2000). Uh, kinda remember he is part of that demographic.

I'm not sure MrCricket is who you think he is. But then again, his account is set to private, so I'd have a hard time comparing and contrasting him to Godvernment. I really don't think you can compare the two.

The changes in BDC in the last year have been really frustrating. I find it really difficult to navigate the forums in any meaningful way. Plus add in the fact that so many chose to set their accounts to private (I admit, I only recently set mine to public due to a request from someone I respect) it's nearly impossible to maintain a firm grasp on any members attitudes, beliefs, or comments. I'm not sure why anyone would set their account to private anymore considering this is an anonymous forum. Unless they're ashamed of what they've said, or had said too much on a personal level.

That's one reason I respect the likes of Skeeter20. His account is public, has no shame.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

I only went to private, for now, because it was apparent I was being followed. Very apparent when I was followed into the sports forum(s). That is one reason to go private. WDYWN is private. Surprised me. Have no idea why.

There are several reasons I came to my conclusion. First, the name is aimed directly at another female poster. That poster has set her page to private. 

His other accounts were aimed at me. One was suspended...the other deactivated. I think he is also not only anti-US but seems to be a msyongist. A lot of posters butted heads with the original screen name (with the real life photo of the poster). When he was suspended, his new accounts were all aimed at just women.

I agree with you that is much harder to navigate the forums. Heck, it is much harder to know exactly what I posted since my own commentary only goes back so many posts. That is frustrating as well.

Also, I know, via BDC Dottie, they are very short of moderators. Have them over at Worcester Telegram&Gazette.

Most of us let most posts stand. We do not report them because we do not like the content.

This poster I strongly suspect is hitting the button a lot. I know, from asking and getting posts reinstated, that moderators often just see the light and delete the post. Esp. now with a shortage of them. So, he gets the advantage of the rest of us leaving his posts alone while he freely reports posts etc.

I know who you are thinking of. His account is active. This would be at least 2 active accounts for him and zero for who I think it is. I truly do not believe that my choice would have just gone away. And there is no other account that I can see that remotely resembles his anti-US, anti-western media, etc. mantra like his.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Why did Trayvon never ask zimmerman why he was following him? If i was in trayvon's position that would have been the first question i would have asked zimmerman. But no, trayvon is/was nothing but a punk always looking for a fight and he got a bullet in the chest for being so macho. Like the saying goes, dont bring a knife to a gun fight. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

From the Kevin Coster/Sean Connery "The Untouchables" among othr references.

If they bring a knife, you bring a gun. etc. As well as the scene where Connery's character is killed.

Heh, this is not a movie. This is real life. It is not legal to be a vigilante with a gun. Not here, not now.

If that is what happenned Zimmerman is guilty.

If you do not find the young man that was killed was perfect that does not matter. Also, it is not illegal to have a knife in your possession. I do not have to go to my local police to apply for a permit to carry a knife. 

If someone is following me with a gun, I am under no obligation to ask him sh*t. At that point, my obligation is to mysellf. To protect myself from some guy following me, get myself home safely to my family if possible. If not, defend myself against some man who means me no good. If he is injured or killed, he was the agressor. Too bad, so sad. But rather him then me.

It is the same position thousands of women have found themselves when they dared to be out alone on the streets. It is why women are urged to take self defense. There are a lot of bad men out there. Zimmerman may be one of them. Just he targetted a young man of color versus a woman.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

If someone is following me with a gun, I am under no obligation to ask him sh*t. At that point, my obligation is to mysellf. To protect myself from some guy following me, get myself home safely to my family if possible. If not, defend myself against some man who means me no good. If he is injured or killed, he was the agressor. Too bad, so sad. But rather him then me.

It is the same position thousands of women have found themselves when they dared to be out alone on the streets.

Yeah, but you know how it is with dames.... being all female and dressing the way they do.... they're obviously asking for it, aren't they?

[/QUOTE]

You betcha!!! With a nod to the return of Palin to Fox "News". 

Sections
Shortcuts