Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Black boys best learn their place, eh?

You're twisted. Whether or not he was doing anything suspicious to a third party observer, the fact of the matter is Zimmerman was told not to exit his vehicle, but chose to did so and stalked Martin down.

Zimmerman created the situation. The only way his own wrongdoing is forgiven is if Martin really put him in reasonable fear that he was going to die.

You don't get to initiate a conflict and then shoot the person dead if they overpower you.

They have not proved any of what you claim! That's the point.

The "dispatcher" as was verified by her supervisor has no authority to give orders to stay in or exit a car.

Zimmerman did leave after the 9-11 call and then they re-encountered and witnesses say Teyvon attacked him so.......

I wish Zimmerman would have stayed in his car or that neither of them would have been so ill tempered as to get in a fight but, they did and the evidence shows Treyvon was kicking his a55 and Zimmerman pulled a gun and shot him dead.

If, the defebse had any solid evidence that Zimmerman did in fact stalk him or that Zimmerman threw the first blow or even initiated the altercation then I think manslaughter might be feasible but, they do not have anything substantial and there "star" witness perjured herself at least once.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

I wish Zimmerman would have stayed in his car or that neither of them would have been so ill tempered as to get in a fight but, they did and the evidence shows Treyvon was kicking his a55 and Zimmerman pulled a gun and shot him dead.

If, the defebse had any solid evidence that Zimmerman did in fact stalk him or that Zimmerman threw the first blow or even initiated the altercation then I think manslaughter might be feasible but, they do not have anything substantial and there "star" witness perjured herself at least once.

For example, MA superior court model instructions:

Self Defense: Deadly Force

"...In order to defend oneself with a dangerous weapon likely to cause injury or death or to use deadly force, the person using the weapon or deadly force must have a reasonable ground to believe, and must actually believe, that he/she was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury from which he/she could only save himself/herself by using deadly force...

..."A person may not use force to defend himself or herself until he or she has availed himself or herself of all proper means to avoid physical combat.

..."The law does not permit retaliation or revenge. A person's right to lawfully defend himself or herself exists concurrently with the danger. It arises from necessity and ends when necessity ends.

A person may use no more force than is reasonably necessary in all of the circumstances to defend himself or herself. Unreasonable or excessive force is force that is manifestly disproportionate under all the circumstances."

FL is probably similar. I haven't researched. My points were two-fold:

1. Morally, not legally, this is very much on Zimmerman for me no matter how the trial comes out. I dont' care if he is on the neighborhood watch. People should not play cop. I would be seriously worried if someone was stalking me and then tried to confront me.

2. Legally, it does not matter so much whether Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation. The question for self-defense purposes is: When he's on the ground did he fear for his life and was it reasonable.

And I have a hard time matching up the evidence of relatively minor injuries - a bleeding scrape to the scalp (scalps bleed like hell from tiny cuts) - and a claim that his head was being repeatedly "slammed" on concrete.

I have a hard time believing that someone whose head was repeatedly slammed on concrete is going to shoot someone dead and not so much as have a MRI at the hospital?

Are you kidding? Especially with all the news about concussions? They're worried about high school kids with helmets getting brain damage, and this is someone claiming their bare head was being repeatedly slammed on concrete!

[/QUOTE]

I find your assertion that he is playing cop very parochial.  Check the crime statistics in Sanford, and tell me people cary side arms, participatinng in neighborhood watches are "playing cop".  A very misguided comment on your part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

[QUOTE]

if i was punched in the face by a guy who was now sitting on my chest telling me he was going to kill me and slamming my head into concrete and I could, I would shoot him.....Zimmerman walks....Trevon was a punk...self defense.

Zimmerman is a dope and not likeable but he was in serious danger and in fear of his life, he's lucky to be alive.....could he have avoided being attacked?? i think so but trevon was the aggressor and very dangerous.....bad situation not made worse by a bad verdict....Trevon was a punk and it's his own fault that he is dead.

Sorry. Zimmerman was in danger because he followed Treyvon? Treyvon was the agressor because he was followed by Zimmerman?  Treyvon was a punk and it's his own fault he's dead? Seriously?

Really?

Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

That is a possible scenario.  Like the repeated claims by the progressives here that Zimmerman was "playing cop" and chasing Martin.  Like that assertion, this assertion is an uncorroberated point of view.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't know. At the end of the day.. I just don't know how the "stand your Ground" can be a valid defense for Zimmerman. He disregarded every single thing he was trained to do as a neighborhood watch person and followed Martin. Everything that happened after that is circumstantial but I can't get away from the fact that in the beginning Zimmerman was the aggressor.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

if i was punched in the face by a guy who was now sitting on my chest telling me he was going to kill me and slamming my head into concrete and I could, I would shoot him.....Zimmerman walks....Trevon was a punk...self defense.

Zimmerman is a dope and not likeable but he was in serious danger and in fear of his life, he's lucky to be alive.....could he have avoided being attacked?? i think so but trevon was the aggressor and very dangerous.....bad situation not made worse by a bad verdict....Trevon was a punk and it's his own fault that he is dead.

Sorry. Zimmerman was in danger because he followed Treyvon? Treyvon was the agressor because he was followed by Zimmerman?  Treyvon was a punk and it's his own fault he's dead? Seriously?

Really?

Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

That is a possible scenario.  Like the repeated claims by the progressives here that Zimmerman was "playing cop" and chasing Martin.  Like that assertion, this assertion is an uncorroberated point of view.

[/QUOTE]

How is that an uncorroberated claim? The 911 operator told Zimmerman to stay in his vehicle. He ignored the 911 operator...that's pretty supported evidence to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I don't know. At the end of the day.. I just don't know how the "stand your Ground" can be a valid defense for Zimmerman. He disregarded every single thing he was trained to do as a neighborhood watch person and followed Martin. Everything that happened after that is circumstantial but I can't get away from the fact that in the beginning Zimmerman was the aggressor.

If Zimmerman is using Florida " the Stand Your Ground Defense " wasn't Martin entilted to use that same Defense ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Zimmerman is using Florida " the Stand Your Ground Defense " wasn't Martin entilted to use that same Defense ?

[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep coming back to. After all...Zimmerman was the pursuer. That is in evidence...and he was armed. If I am Martin and a strange man confronts me with a gun, I am fighting like mad to protect myself. It will be interesting to see what the jury decides. I wouldn't want to be the one deciding this case..that's for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep coming back to. After all...Zimmerman was the pursuer. That is in evidence...and he was armed. If I am Martin and a strange man confronts me with a gun, I am fighting like mad to protect myself. It will be interesting to see what the jury decides. I wouldn't want to be the one deciding this case..that's for sure.

[/QUOTE]

I think that the Martin Family will take Zimmerman and whomever trained him to Civil Court ... IMO Zimmerman or the Agency who trained should be found responsible for the death of Martin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

yes, american media is bad. but that doesn't change the fact that zimmerman stalked, confronted, and the murdered a 17 year old unarmed kid.

How do you know that?  Were you there?

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

Exactly right!

Also MrCricket/Godvernment does not seem to understamd the Americal judicial process.

All that matters, in this criminal trial, is what the triers of fact, the jury, decide what happenned that night in the end.

He is also a tired record with US bad, US media bad, etc. If he wants to live here, remember the debate about the oath people have to swear to to become a natural citizen. It is USA first, no matter how you defend THIS country. Bear arms for the US against ANY enemy combatant.

Not to mention the gem about people under 30...i.e. the Me Me Me generation (born 1980-2000). Uh, kinda remember he is part of that demographic.

[/QUOTE]

this isn't the american judicial system, lol, this is a political forum, and what we type is our opinion... including you. thanks for sharing your opinion! Smile i put USA first, that's why i am critical of america. you on the other hand put israel first. if you want to continue living in this country you will need to remember the oath and start putting american first. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

zimmerman didnt approach martin..other way around...zimmerman was waiting for the police and trayvon came and approached him and started beating him.....all testimony and evidence provided by the PROSECUTION....pay attention.  in any case zimmerman walks....

if you attack someone, knock them down and start smashing their head into concrete don;t be upset if you are shot dead in response.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

haha look at this osterman guy sweaty and red faced! LOL maybe i should watch this soap opera trial more often, stuff is funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]
    zimmerman didnt approach martin..other way around.

Martin's statement to the woman over the phone that was being followed is evidence. You don't have to accept it, but it is evidence that a rational juror could accept.

[QUOTE]

zimmerman was waiting for the police and trayvon came and approached him and started beating him

[/QUOTE]

And how could that have happened if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his car to follow Martin?

Surely if Zimmerman was in his car he could have driven away.

[/QUOTE]

The evidence does not bear out that Zimmerman was waiting by his car for the police. All you have do is look at where the shooting took place to know that Macnh's version cannot be accurate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

zimmerman didnt approach martin..other way around...zimmerman was waiting for the police and trayvon came and approached him and started beating him.....all testimony and evidence provided by the PROSECUTION....pay attention.  in any case zimmerman walks....

if you attack someone, knock them down and start smashing their head into concrete don;t be upset if you are shot dead in response.....

Hey "Doc" your Tea Party Patriot Hat is too tight .....

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Did anyone see the re-enactment taped by detectives with Zimmerman at the actual scene a couple days after?

He WILL be aquitted and rightly so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/trayvon-martin/trayvon-martin-marijuana-usage-657901

In Reversal, Florida Judge Okays Testimony About Trayvon Martin’s Marijuana Usage

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Did anyone see the re-enactment taped by detectives with Zimmerman at the actual scene a couple days after?

You're OK with zero accountability for Zimmerman?  I don't see him as a murderer, but it was his decision to grab his gun and follow Martin, and that decision led to the death of a 17-year-old.  I'd say he's about as guilty as if he had been driving drunk and hit Martin with his car.  An awful decision leading to an accidental death.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

I'm waiting to see the Trayvon Martin re-enactment.... oh wait... he's dead. I guess we'll just take the survivors version as the truth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla. -- A nationally renowned gunshot wound expert testified Tuesday that Trayvon Martin's gunshot wound was consistent with accused murderer George Zimmerman's story that the teen was on top of him and leaning over when he was shot.

Another BOOM

Zimmerman's injuries indicate "you've had severe force, it's not just like you bumped your head or something like that," Di Maio said.

Pointing to photos of Zimmerman's injures, Di Maio also said Zimmerman's nose may have been fractured, an injury he said was consistent with being punched in the nose, as Zimmerman said Martin did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/news/

How many people care about the evidence?

How many are just waiting to call it unjust and/or racism when Zimmerman is aquitted?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

How many are just waiting to call it unjust and/or racism when Zimmerman is aquitted?

Seriously, though - you want Zimmerman to get off completely?  No matter what other evidence you see, you know Zimmerman started the chain of events in motion, and that Zimmerman fired the fatal shot.  It's not like he was a hero or even a helpless bystander.  One way or another, a 17-year-old is dead because if this man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You've been 100% behind Zimmerman from day one. Let's just say your opinion isn't exactly trustworthy.

lol, I have said all along that I didn't know what happened but, that the media trying to convict zimmerman of killing a child by using pictures of Treyvon when he was 12 and pressing the "black kid just walking the store to get skittles story killed by a white vigilante". (which they have been sued over and apologized for since)

The trial shows 2 things. The physical and expert evidence supports Zimmermans story; the prosecutions case is extremely weak due to either no case or a horribly unqualified prosecutor.

btw, you have swallowed the media story since day 1! So, you opinion isnt exactly trustwrthy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]
    zimmerman didnt approach martin..other way around.

Martin's statement to the woman over the phone that was being followed is evidence. You don't have to accept it, but it is evidence that a rational juror could accept.

[QUOTE]

zimmerman was waiting for the police and trayvon came and approached him and started beating him

[/QUOTE]

And how could that have happened if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his car to follow Martin?

Surely if Zimmerman was in his car he could have driven away.

[/QUOTE]

If there was any evidence showing that, I would think the prosecution would have used it.  They didn't.  Therefore, your assertion that Zimmerman got out of his Car to follow Martin is not borne out by the facts.  But, even if he did, it has no legal bearing on the case. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seriously, though - you want Zimmerman to get off completely?  No matter what other evidence you see, you know Zimmerman started the chain of events in motion, and that Zimmerman fired the fatal shot.  It's not like he was a hero or even a helpless bystander.  One way or another, a 17-year-old is dead because if this man.

[/QUOTE]

The only problem is that you don't assign any of the blame to Martin.  It takes two to tango.  It isn't like Zimmerman drew a bead on him from 50 feet and popped him.  Still, we don't know and wil never know what caused the fight.