Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Zimmerman about to go on trial. Things look a little diffeent now.

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Keep in mind this "kid" you keep referring to was in a bit of trouble from time to time.  I think there is a point where the imprimatur of the term "kid" doesn't apply.  I think Trayvon reached that point.

He was 17 yrs old. Yet you suggest that Rachel Jeantel being 19 might be too young to be a credible witness.

[/QUOTE]

I suggested no such thing about the 19 year old witness.  As I stated several times, she was a good witness.  She is also apparently illiterate and a racist.

Trayvon was adult enough to smoke dope and get kicked out of school.

[/QUOTE]

"I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist. "

[/QUOTE]

Like the quote says, she did a good job as a witness.  She also demonstrated that she was illiterate, and a racist.

You having a comprehension problem, or something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

so, on one hand, you tell us about main stream media bias in the case. then, you provide us with main stream media articles to support your claim.. i don't think anyone under the age of 30 takes fox news seriously.

and again, maybe martin was giving zimmerman a whooping. that doesn't prove he was the aggressor and started the fight. trayvon martin wasn't riding around following zimmerman, zimmerman was riding around following martin. zimmerman approached martin. common sense would say zimmerman is at fault for starting a confrontation. maybe that confrontation led to zimmerman getting beat up by a 17 year old kid? does that give him the right to murder the kid? no.

I know people under 30 don't take fox news seriously.  Why should they, when they have the Daily Show to feed them the news?  Sigh.

Keep in mind this "kid" you keep referring to was in a bit of trouble from time to time.  I think there is a point where the imprimatur of the term "kid" doesn't apply.  I think Trayvon reached that point.

He was 17 yrs old. Yet you suggest that Rachel Jeantel being 19 might be too young to be a credible witness.

jed,

Good point! 

Also, he talks about people under 30 as " they", as if they were another demographic. Kinda does not ring true. Seems many of us have put him in the same demo from his original avatar, etc. 

So, the standard is that someone else can bring up people under 30 not trusting fox, but when I bring it up, it is a problem?

I thorugh we settled this intellectual honesty thing.  You and Jed might want to review your notes.

skeeter,

I only commented on his looking from the outside at those under 30 in that post. I know when we hit the reply button we pick up ALL the commentary. Perhaps in this case I should have just copied and pasted just the point I wanted to address to make it crystal clear to anyone who read that post what part I was taking issue with in that stream of comments.

Looking at the history of this poster who is now down to one active name, every poster who has commented on where he falls age wise has put him in his 20s. Also as a very immature 20 something.

So, my point was the lack of intellectual honesty on his part in fact. Full circle from your query.

Perhaps this is just a "failure to communicate"? ("Cool Hand Luke") :)

I do not see any lack of intellectual honesty on my part in this narrow but important point regarding our anti-US poster of the forums. I could say "wild child" of the forums but that is too benign.

cool hand luke.  Paul Newman's best movie.  The egg eating contest was great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Zimmerman was an armed "want to be cop" with a history of violence living out a fantasy .... does that make him guilty .. no .. it makes him a strange person who was able to get an firearm  

I think you might be applying Cantabridgian values to this situation.  Crime in Florida is off the charts compared to Massachusetts.  Home break ins, car theft, etc.  all unbeleivable high in comparison to the great state of Mass. 

Carrying a gun in many parts of Florida is nothing more than a wise idea, as the response of the police is often slow and sometimes less than useful, given that they are overwhelmed.

However, I am not familiar with this particular area.  It is possible that it is different.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Zimmerman was an armed "want to be cop" with a history of violence living out a fantasy .... does that make him guilty .. no .. it makes him a strange person who was able to get an firearm  

I think you might be applying Cantabridgian values to this situation.  Crime in Florida is off the charts compared to Massachusetts.  Home break ins, car theft, etc.  all unbeleivable high in comparison to the great state of Mass. 

Carrying a gun in many parts of Florida is nothing more than a wise idea, as the response of the police is often slow and sometimes less than useful, given that they are overwhelmed.

However, I am not familiar with this particular area.  It is possible that it is different.

If crime is as bad as you say in Sanford Fla the town has an responsibility to it's citizens to protect them ... btw Trayvon Martin was a citizen of Sanford  .... the Florida State Police or the Florida National Gaurd should be called in to bolster that town's Police force ..... not armed citizens who want to play Starsky and Hutch ..... Zimmerman as an trained neighborhood watch volunteer  wasn't supposed to be armed and he wasn't supposed to leave his vehicle while in the performance of his duties ...... I think that the Martin Family will be suing for wrongful death lawsuit against Zimmerman and whatever agency that trained him in civil court .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

If crime is as bad as you say in Sanford Fla the town has an responsibility to it's citizens to protect them ... btw Trayvon Martin was a citizen of Sanford  .... the Florida State Police or the Florida National Gaurd should be called in to bolster that town's Police force ..... not armed citizens who want to play Starsky and Hutch ..... Zimmerman as an trained neighborhood watch volunteer  wasn't supposed to be armed and he wasn't supposed to leave his vehicle while in the performance of his duties ...... I think that the Martin Family will be suing for wrongful death lawsuit against Zimmerman and whatever agency that trained him in civil court .

You don't comprehend things very well.  And you are very parochial.  You see people arming themselves for defence and you see them as crazed killers.  Broaden your perspective beyound the borders of Cambridge.

Here's a comparison betyween Cambridge and Sanford.   

Latest 2006 Crimes per 100,000 People:

Cambridge, MA      Sanford, FL     National        

Murder:                          2                       10.4                   7

Forcible Rape:               10.92                37.46               32.2

Robbery                        206.5                  233.1             205.8

Aggravated Assault         235.3                206                336.5

Burglary:                       679                    1556.6           813.2

Larceny Theft:               2358.6              4707.2            2601.7

Vehicle Theft:                 221.4                 965.6            501.5

The statistics show that is a reasonable thing, not a crazed act to arm yourself for protection, as it is not a safe area.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter aren't we talking about Zimmerman in this discussion .... if you want to talk about Cambridge start a new discussion ..... again as a neighborhood watch volunteer Zimmerman wasn't suppose to be armed or get out of his car in the performance of his duties .... I'm not saying that he is guilty or not ... that is up of a jury of his peers  i.e Charles Bronson , Clint Eastwood ... I'm sorry those guys only play vigilances in the movies .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter aren't we talking about Zimmerman in this discussion .... if you want to talk about Cambridge start a new discussion ..... again as a neighborhood watch volunteer Zimmerman wasn't suppose to be armed or get out of his car in the performance of his duties .... I'm not saying that he is guilty or not ... that is up of a jury of his peers  i.e Charles Bronson , Clint Eastwood ... I'm sorry those guys only play vigilances in the movies .

Sister,

Exactly. Or, if memory serves, Bingo would be the word Pink loved to employ.

We need to stay on point on which municipality we are dealing with as as which state we are dealing wit as far as the laws go.

Btw, just saw a movie on cable in which Eastwood does NOT play a vigilante. He plays an aging baseball scout for the Atlanta Braves. His daughter, a lawyer, goes to help him scout a prospect. It is in rotation now. 

Few years ago, he played John Houston in a film during the time he was directing "The African Queen". Then of course, there is "The Bridges of Madison County" with Meryl Strep. A love story.

Those are off the top of my head. Being a baby boomer, not uncommon to be a big movie fan. Eastwood is so right wing in real life, have to force myself to set aside his politics to enjoy the movies I choose to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

cool hand luke.  Paul Newman's best movie.  The egg eating contest was great.

The egg eating contest...I believe he got to 50 eggs...was great as well as disgusting at the same time. Took awile until I could look at a hard boiled egg again. 

I think it was one of his best movies. He left such a legacy from which to choose. But that is a good thing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Sister,

Exactly. Or, if memory serves, Bingo would be the word Pink loved to employ.

We need to stay on point on which municipality we are dealing with as as which state we are dealing wit as far as the laws go.

Btw, just saw a movie on cable in which Eastwood does NOT play a vigilante. He plays an aging baseball scout for the Atlanta Braves. His daughter, a lawyer, goes to help him scout a prospect. It is in rotation now. 

Few years ago, he played John Houston in a film during the time he was directing "The African Queen". Then of course, there is "The Bridges of Madison County" with Meryl Strep. A love story.

Those are off the top of my head. Being a baby boomer, not uncommon to be a big movie fan. Eastwood is so right wing in real life, have to force myself to set aside his politics to enjoy the movies I choose to watch.

As Philo Beddoe would say..." right turn Clyde " !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

Exactly right!

Also MrCricket/Godvernment does not seem to understamd the Americal judicial process.

All that matters, in this criminal trial, is what the triers of fact, the jury, decide what happenned that night in the end.

He is also a tired record with US bad, US media bad, etc. If he wants to live here, remember the debate about the oath people have to swear to to become a natural citizen. It is USA first, no matter how you defend THIS country. Bear arms for the US against ANY enemy combatant.

Not to mention the gem about people under 30...i.e. the Me Me Me generation (born 1980-2000). Uh, kinda remember he is part of that demographic.

I'm not sure MrCricket is who you think he is. But then again, his account is set to private, so I'd have a hard time comparing and contrasting him to Godvernment. I really don't think you can compare the two.

The changes in BDC in the last year have been really frustrating. I find it really difficult to navigate the forums in any meaningful way. Plus add in the fact that so many chose to set their accounts to private (I admit, I only recently set mine to public due to a request from someone I respect) it's nearly impossible to maintain a firm grasp on any members attitudes, beliefs, or comments. I'm not sure why anyone would set their account to private anymore considering this is an anonymous forum. Unless they're ashamed of what they've said, or had said too much on a personal level.

That's one reason I respect the likes of Skeeter20. His account is public, has no shame.

[/QUOTE]

I have truth, you snark.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You are saying he is a nut for being armed.  I show you crime statistics that show you being armed in Sanford, FL is not a crazy thing. In fact, it is probably highly advised.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

You are saying he is a nut for being armed.  I show you crime statistics that show you being armed in Sanford, FL is not a crazy thing. In fact, it is probably highly advised.

No I'm saying he was an ARMED NUT !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

http://www.mediaite.com/online/wreck-an-amendment-march-gun-nut-cancels-armed-protest-in-washington-dc/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[/QUOTE]

I suggested no such thing about the 19 year old witness.  As I stated several times, she was a good witness.  She is also apparently illiterate and a racist.

Trayvon was adult enough to smoke dope and get kicked out of school.

[/QUOTE]

"I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist. "

[/QUOTE]

Your point?  The first part is my opinion, the next two parts are as a result of her testimony. 

She did well.  I don't know if I could hold it together on a witness stand at 19, and in my opinion, she did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I felt bad Rachel Jeantel

I didn't, and neither should you.

She is a witness, she has a role.  I think she did quite good as a witness, considering she's 19, illiterate, and a racist.  I think some people who say these qualities will endear her to the jury are largely correct.  This, despite her somewhat contradictory testimony.

John 8:7 ....

Since when is reporting the facts casting stones?

She can't read.  A letter was written for her, she was unable to read it.

She doesn't think the word "cracker" in reference to white people is racist.  She USES IT ALL THE TIME. (her testimony).

AND,  I think she did a good job as a witness, considering her age and those handicaps.

So, get your head out of your bit and stop wishing for another O.J. trial.

I never said anything about the Zimmerman Trail ...... I never said anything about an O J Trail ......  you called her illiterate ... you called her a racist .... I didn't ..... all I said I felt bad for the girl ...... now get a grip on yourself and ease up ..... did you bother to ask me why I felt sorry for her ... no you didn't Mr N. Wit .... if you don't then shut your pie hole .. you little fraction of a human being ....

Get a grip on reality and stop fishing for something that isn't there.

She couldn't read a letter that she had to have written for her ON THE STAND.

She said "cracker" was not a racist term and she uses it all the time ON THE STAND.

She called herself these things, not me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I get the game you and other progressives are playing.  You lay down a charge that Zimmerman is a "cop wanna be", and when faced with info to the contrary, you say we are off topic.  

My comparison to your stomping grounds, Cambridge, and comparing the crime statistics to Sanford are right on target.  You are making your comments based on your expereince in the liberal bubble of Cambridge, and you seek to impose those conditions and beliefs on a part of the country where things are, well, not Cambridge.

You insult every resident of Sanford when you insinuate if you are carrying for protection, in a community that exceeds the national average on every measure, and has approximately twice the crime rate of the Boston Area, is a crazed nut.

Absolutely callous to their reality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Every indicator is the prosecution can't prove anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The lead police detective who investigated the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin in central Florida last year returned to the witness stand Tuesday in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, saying the defendant's story remained consistent throughout the investigation.

Sanford Police Det. Christopher Serino, who initially wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter but was overruled, said under cross examination by Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara that the neighborhood watch volunteer stuck to the same story and was cooperative. Although he said he considered Zimmerman's injuries to be minor, he said he found nothing to prompt him to doubt the 29-year-old's story, that we shot Martin in self-defense as he was being beaten.

Although Serino acknowledged to De la Rionda that Zimmerman had no reason to believe Martin was armed, O'Mara, noting Zimmerman claims to have shot Martuin while the youth was bashing his head into the pavement, asked Serino if Martin was "armed with concrete." Serino replied that he was.

Serino testified Monday that at first he did not believe Zimmerman's story, but when he told Zimmerman the fatal, February, 2012 encounter may have been caught on video, Zimmerman's response of "Thank God" changed his mind, Serino said.

Serino's Monday testimony became the latest prosecution witness to appear to do more harm than good to the state's case, recalling a somber conversation that touched on Zimmerman's faith and the fear he said he felt when Martin told him "You're going to die tonight."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/detective-returns-to-stand-in-zimmerman-trial/#ixzz2XuFjL0ev

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

WDYWN is private. Surprised me. Have no idea why.

Eh, why not?

I don't do much of anything else on BDC but post here or in the music form, so one really doesn't need to go looking far and wide if one wants to see my posts. I don't use their message system. Apart from occasionally changing my avatar picture, I don't even glance at the profile page.

WDYWN,

Nothing personal at all was meant by my comment in that post. After my 4 month break, in trying to catch up in the forums and in the articles, I checked out regular contributors' pages.

An article only poster had told me, during my break, that the number of private pages were way up. I found he was right about the article posters. Posters who had made a point of staying public despite some obvious problems with doing that. Posters who do use the private message system who cannot now that they are on private.

In the forums posters who were public in February, were now private in June. Other changes as well. 

You are right. You post a lot. Not that hard to find you. Just easier right now when I am shuffling back and forth to Boston almost every day, as well as taking care of a very ill husband and trying to take care of everyone (and everything else), including myself.

But that is my current life situation. For what it is worth, your page was always one of the pages I made a point to check out. To see what you thought was important in the forums. So, for my own selfish reasons I suppose, I miss that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

" Zimmerman claims to have shot Martuin while the youth was bashing his head into the pavement"

Having sustained less serious head injuries in football (with a helmet) and wrestling (against a hard crappy old mat), I have to raise my eyebrow at it. You get your bell wrung, you're wobbly, confused, etc.

You get your head repeatedly "bashed" into concrete? Lucky if you wake up.

He was bleeding, sure, but head wounds bleed severely compared to the size of any cuts. I'd expect some serious harm if his head was repeatedly being smashed into the pavement.

Maybe he fell down and scraped his head on one impact. Repeatedly bashed? That's a hospital stay, if you live.

Your analysis is dubious, IMO. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

" Zimmerman claims to have shot Martuin while the youth was bashing his head into the pavement"

Having sustained less serious head injuries in football (with a helmet) and wrestling (against a hard crappy old mat), I have to raise my eyebrow at it. You get your bell wrung, you're wobbly, confused, etc.

You get your head repeatedly "bashed" into concrete? Lucky if you wake up.

He was bleeding, sure, but head wounds bleed severely compared to the size of any cuts. I'd expect some serious harm if his head was repeatedly being smashed into the pavement.

Maybe he fell down and scraped his head on one impact. Repeatedly bashed? That's a hospital stay, if you live.

Nice opinion but, the evidence supports his claim that his head was being hit against the concrete! Also, Zimmermans back was wet and grassy, Treyvons knees were wet and grassy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

if i was punched in the face by a guy who was now sitting on my chest telling me he was going to kill me and slamming my head into concrete and I could, I would shoot him.....Zimmerman walks....Trevon was a punk...self defense.

Zimmerman is a dope and not likeable but he was in serious danger and in fear of his life, he's lucky to be alive.....could he have avoided being attacked?? i think so but trevon was the aggressor and very dangerous.....bad situation not made worse by a bad verdict....Trevon was a punk and it's his own fault that he is dead.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

And about "Thank God" supposedly being consciousness of innocence evidence:

On Tuesday, De La Rionda sought to mitigate the damage done by Serino's Monday testimony, getting the detective to concede that, as a neighborhood watch volunteer, Zimmerman would know there were no surveillance cameras. And, he said, Zimmerman would have known if Martin had taped the encounter on his cellphone.

"So he basically knew you were bluffing?" De La Rionda said, before an objection from the defense was sustained.

Could of been

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

if i was punched in the face by a guy who was now sitting on my chest telling me he was going to kill me and slamming my head into concrete and I could, I would shoot him.....Zimmerman walks....Trevon was a punk...self defense.

Zimmerman is a dope and not likeable but he was in serious danger and in fear of his life, he's lucky to be alive.....could he have avoided being attacked?? i think so but trevon was the aggressor and very dangerous.....bad situation not made worse by a bad verdict....Trevon was a punk and it's his own fault that he is dead.

[QUOTE]

I dont agree. Treyvon was a young man not unlike others that brag and talk trash, smoke weed and get in trouble at school. That doesnt make him a bad person that should be killed.

My point is the defense is not proving that Zimmermans story is BS or that their story "that Zimmerman stalked him, provoked and attacked Treyvon"

It's a tragic story but, to put some one away for the rest of his life it needs to be proven and not just what some would like to portray it as.

I dont believe Zimmerman wanted to attack or kill him. I also think Zimmerman believes he was doing a service to the community.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts