Zimmerman case had NOTHING to do with race but Obama plays the race card anyway

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Zimmerman case had NOTHING to do with race but Obama plays the race card anyway

WASHINGTON, July 22, 2013 — President Barack Obama spoke about Trayvon Martin’s killing from the White House James S. Brady Press Briefing room. His comments were beneath the office of the presidency.

How did the death of this black teen rise to the level of a national crisis? It happened because race hucksters like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson decided it was a national story, and because Obama obliged them.

“First of all, I want to make sure that, once again, I send my thoughts and prayers, as well as Michelle’s, to the family of Trayvon Martin,” Obama said.

“Once again” because in 2012 after Trayvon Martin was shot in self-defense by George Zimmerman, Obama thought it was his presidential duty to wade into the episode and take sides without knowing facts.

“If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,” Obama declared that first time, reinforcing the exploitation of white on black racism pushed by Sharpton and his gang. When Hadiya Pendleton was gunned down in Chicago in January 2012 by two young black gang bangers, days after she performed at his second inaugural, Obama didn’t say, “Hadiya looks like my daughters.”

Does Obama find black-on-black killings more palatable?

Obama has never bothered to speak about the mass scale killing of blacks by blacks in his own home, Chicago. Last year 500, mostly black, people were killed in the Windy City. So far this year the toll has already reached 200.

Never mind the young blacks killed in Washington everyday, often no more than a stone’s throw away from the White House.

Why was Trayvon special? Because the race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson demanded that Obama prove his “blackness” before the trial was even held.

The race hustlers turned Zimmerman into a “white Hispanic” to perpetuate their faux race war, portraying him as a cold-blooded killer not because he killed someone, but because the man he killed was black.

One minute Obama is telling the Congressional Black Caucus he’s “president of all Americans” and can’t be bothered to meet with them or address their grievances about problems disproportionately harming blacks, like higher unemployment and diminished wealth, that are escalating under his presidency.

The next minute, Obama weighs in on the controversy, injecting himself into a local legal matter, taking the side of the angry black mobs in a race war fabricated to drive the races further apart.

So why did Obama give this little race talk?

It allowed him to assume the role of Counselor in Chief and dominate the news cycle. Saying “Trayvon Martin could have been me” guaranteed that the headlines and sound bytes would all be about him. It was all calculated to throw a ratings boosting bone to his loyal black constituents, the bone of attention and recognition they’ve been craving.

He did this instead of focusing on real policies to address the problems blacks are facing. He failed to do for blacks as he did for gays with gay marriage and Hispanics with immigration reform. Instead, Obama took the easy way out, siding with blacks in their Zimmerman rage.

Obama, as a master orator, doesn’t require accountability or hard work; polices do.

“If Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman who had followed him in a car because he felt threatened?” Obama asked.

Obama’s underlying message to black Americans was, they should have no confidence in our judicial system. The jury was wrong in their acquittal of Zimmerman.

His message was that if we are not happy with the outcome of a trial, we need to protest.

What a way to incite more racial hatred in this country. More disturbing was Obama’s observation “that some of the violence that takes place in poor black neighborhoods around the country is born out of a very violent past in this country, and that the poverty and dysfunction that we see in these communities can be traced to a very difficult past.”

Obama implies that somehow evil white people are inflicting this violence on blacks, when it’s blacks who have turned neighborhoods into war zones and ghettos all on their own. They have done it without the help of white people.

Young black men are killing more than young white men. That’s why they are profiled by police and feared by everyone.

A black security guard in Washington recently told me when he leaves work at night, he doesn’t worry about the white men walking around, but the black men give him pause “because they are the ones committing most of the crimes.”

Why is this happening? It is because black babies are born without a father with 73 percent of black babies born out of wedlock. In Richmond, Virginia 86 percent of black families are headed by single parents, mostly women.

In 1965, then Assistant Secretary of Labor Daniel Patrick wrote in his report “The Negro Family, the Case for National Action,” that the illegitimate birthrate for blacks was 23 percent, which was causing a rise in dependency on welfare among blacks.

Moynihan warned President Johnson that the nation should develop policies “to strengthen the Negro family so as to enable it to raise and support its members as do other families.”

When children don’t grow up in an intact home with loving married parents, they drop out of school, turn to drugs, crime and other risky behavior at a higher rate.

Trayvon Martin’s death is tragic. Zimmerman shouldn’t have followed him, but his defense proved that he had reasonable criminal suspicions.

It is not fair all black men are profiled or that racism still exists.

But it’s a dishonest, hackneyed narrative for Obama to use Martin’s death to continue to treat blacks as powerless victims.

Nearly 50 years after the Civil Rights Act was signed into law, the inconvenient truth is that blacks are causing 90 percent of their own problems, need to take responsibility for their own actions and start participating in the equality Martin Luther King and others died for.

In his paternalistic remarks, Obama said Americans need “to figure out how are we doing a better job helping young African American men feel that they’re a full part of this society and that they’ve got pathways and avenues to succeed.”

Obama is the nation’s first black president. It looks like black men have more than their fair share of opportunities to succeed in America. After five years in office, perhaps Obama should focus on the real issues facing our country like our economy’s persistent malaise and the growing crisis in the Middle East thanks to his lack of a foreign policy on Syria, Iran and Egypt.

The liberal news media also needs to get real about doing their job of covering this president: Realize Obama is nothing special. That he is the first black president is nothing “remarkable,” nor does it excuse his Trayvon Martin remarks.

Then perhaps they can hold Obama accountable to the same, that is equal, standards of his white predecessors.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/crystal-wright-conservative-black-chick/2013/jul/22/obama-throws-begging-blacks-race-bone-trayvon-mart/#ixzz2ZscN4jan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Zimmerman case had NOTHING to do with race but Obama plays the race card anyway

The events immediately preceding the shooting of Martin may have had nothing to do with race. 

But before that, Zimmerman profiled, followed, and called the police on a black teenager for doing nothing more than walking thru a neighborhood.  That has everything to do with race.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to bigdog2's comment:

You need to listen to the tape, the un-doctored (by NBC) tape.  There was no profiling at all.  You are simply wrong.

I think he would respond:  One does not need to orally announce one is profiling, to profile.

So, in other words, oyu were telepathically listening in to Zimmerman, and you are reporting what you heard rumbling around his head?

How does your assertion that one does not need to orally announce profiling mean that Zimmerman was profiling?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

The events immediately preceding the shooting of Martin may have had nothing to do with race. 

But before that, Zimmerman profiled, followed, and called the police on a black teenager for doing nothing more than walking thru a neighborhood.  That has everything to do with race.

Except he did not know Treyvons race when he called the dispatcher. When they asked him he said " I dont know, he looks black or hispanic".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Oh I see.

The right is now going to accuse libruls of playing implied-race-cards-by-omission.

Drag it down to new depths why don't ya?

The left and right thrive on division with the party in charge being the most aggressive at the moment and including the POTUS which is a new level of shame for our country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The left and right thrive on division 

Indeed. After all, you did just post the following in response to my question of where the "race card" was supposed to be in Obama's quoted comments:

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon

So its only fair for one race?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Oh I see.

The right is now going to accuse libruls of playing implied-race-cards-by-omission.

Drag it down to new depths why don't ya?

Seemsto be the same exact standard you are applyingto Zimmerman.  Profiling while silent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Not getting the death penalty is not the same as being found not guilty.

This is why this case is about race - without googling, can you tell me if there was any chance the teens charged did not commit this crime?  Was there another eye witness?  Were there other shots fired that may have been responsible for the baby's death?

Of course you can't.  Why is that?  Why not spend five minutes researching what you are cutting and pasting (if you had you would know that Georgia law does not allow anyone under 18 to receive the death penalty) when you spent months defending Zimmerman? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

He spoke of blacks hearing car doors lock as they cross the street and of white women who clutch their purses tightly when a black person enters an elevator.

--------------------

Fuuny that was no problem when Jesse Jackson said the same thing - about himself!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

"There is nothing more painful to me...than to walk down the street and hear footsteps, and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white, and feel relieved" - Jesse Jackson.

Juan Williams was fired for saying essentially the same thing about Muslims on an airplane,  Jesse?  No problemo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to GregStillinMeffa's comment:

Jesse? No problemo

It's practically his job description.

That isn't a defense...I just pay zero attention to the guy. He's a rabble-rouser.

He a race antagonist that fabricates racial issues and then exploits them for profit!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

Jesse? No problemo

It's practically his job description.

That isn't a defense...I just pay zero attention to the guy. He's a rabble-rouser.

NPR fired Juan Williams for sayng just that about Muslims on planes.  NPR's Nina Totenberg wished AIDS (as in death by) on Jesse Helm's grand children.  Jesse and Nina, no problemo, Juan was fired.  What could possibly have made the defference over at NPR?  I got a wild guess...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

Obama injecting his non-existent son into an on going case was stupid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

So, in other words, oyu were telepathically listening in to Zimmerman, and you are reporting what you heard rumbling around his head?

No. Have another beer.

So, on what basis do you claim that Zimmerman's acts were racist?

(sip...ahhhh)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

on what basis do you claim that Zimmerman's acts were racist?

I don't. I never did.

-------------------------

No you did not.  NBC did

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I guess the republicans can use this against him the next time he runs for office. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

It's a virtual world

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ppannos' comment:

It's a virtual world

double p's ..... Obama did the right thing when he gave that speech on Friday ...... get this right son  ..... the more that people show  their backbone and confront bigots like you ..... the better off we will all be .....btw take your hate and your hateful avatar somewhere else you have nothing to contribute here .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

on what basis do you claim that Zimmerman's acts were racist?

I don't. I never did.

Why do you feel it necessary to put words in peoples' mouths that they never said. Are you afraid to debate people on the facts?

Unable?

Here, readthis snippet:

"I think he would respond:  One does not need to orally announce one is profiling, to profile."

So, now you are goingto say you meant Zimmerman was profiling becasue Martin was???? what,?  White?  Athletic? 

You lose, snippet king.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It's a virtual world

Hey, I hear his son is dating Julia, from the campaign "Life of Julia".  Another non-existent entity form Obamaworld.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

It's a virtual world

double p's ..... Obama did the right thing when he gave that speech on Friday ...... get this right son  ..... the more that people show  their backbone and confront bigots like you ..... the better off we will all be .....btw take your hate and your hateful avatar somewhere else you have nothing to contribute here .

Right.  Stirring up the shallow end of the gene pool like you makes so much sense.  Beats workign for a living.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

It's a virtual world

Right.  Stirring up the shallow end of the gene pool like you makes so much sense.  Beats workign for a living.

Yo troglodyte does that mean you don't have a job

Sections
Shortcuts