Zimmerman's turn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

Zimmerman's turn

Zim is gonna sue the pants off NBC for visciously editing the 911 call.  NBC's defense was when he is convicted, any defamation was the result of his own actions.

That excuse just died.

NBC will settle up and fast, lest they have to report on their own sleaze.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Zimmerman's turn

He should! It was possibly a big factor in public opinion. When I heard their version I thought he was profiling as well!

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Im also not so sure that there will be a civil suit against Zimmerman

No.  Fla. Stat. s.776.032 provides for an award of attorney's fees, costs and even lost income against the plaintiff if there's a judicial finding that the defendant is immune from suit due to the justifiable use of force.

I don't think that the jury verdict is dispositive of that issue.   Since Zimmerman didn't have a "stand your ground" hearing in the criminal case, I think he will probably have to have one in any civil suit filed against him.  

The prospect of actually paying Zimmerman might be enough to deter the Martin family from filing suit.  To them I'm sure it would be adding insult to injury.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Im also not so sure that there will be a civil suit against Zimmerman

No.  Fla. Stat. s.776.032 provides for an award of attorney's fees, costs and even lost income against the plaintiff if there's a judicial finding that the defendant is immune from suit due to the justifiable use of force.

I don't think that the jury verdict is dispositive of that issue.   Since Zimmerman didn't have a "stand your ground" hearing in the criminal case, I think he will probably have to have one in any civil suit filed against him.  

The prospect of actually paying Zimmerman might be enough to deter the Martin family from filing suit.  To them I'm sure it would be adding insult to injury.

I know government has immunity except in certain situations, but I think Zimmerman has a case against Holder.  To say that you will pursue civil rights violations when your own FBI reports that none exist in this case, is well outside the bounds of acceptable government actions.  It is more fitting of a 3rd world country.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Zim is going to need to win a big settlement from NBC because TM's parent are going to sue the pants off him.  And I'm betting that TM's parents get a bigger award than Zim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

Zimm won't get to enjoy any settlement.. living in a cave.

The man has a global bullseye on his back. HIS life is destroyed along with all family. They are all victems. Just the thought of it must be a constant weight on him.