Again Israel wants ITS kind of religious freedom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Again Israel wants ITS kind of religious freedom

Not the kind where muslims can pray at the Dome of The Rock, without abuse from Israelis. Stupid PM wants only things that he likes, not freedom to worship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ozark. Show Ozark's posts

Re: Again Israel wants ITS kind of religious freedom

Can Jews pray safely at Jewish holy sites in Judea and Samaria (aka West Bank)?  Of course not.  Can Coptic Christians pray safely in Egypt? No.  Can Nigerian Christians pray safely in preominantly Muslim towns and cities?  Nope.  Did the Christians of southern Sudan have to secede and create their own nation because of murderous policies of the Islamist government in Khartoum?  Yes.

Religious intolerance against Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Bahai, Hindus and even fellow Muslims comes from Islamic fanatics, not Israelis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Religious "freedom" for haredim in Israel

Generalized claims like "Israel wants" or "Syria aims" are always misleading and usually foolish. Religious freedom in Israel has complicated meanings, as strikingly shown in a recent development.

[ Ethan Bronner, Israel's supreme court overturns military exemption for haredim, New York Times, February 23, 2012, at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/world/middleeast/israeli-court-invalidates-a-military-exemption.html ]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from alpha1six. Show alpha1six's posts

I suspect that the ultra conservative jews in Israel are just as big a pain in the butt to the Israeli government as the fundimentalist groups of muslims are to many of the more secular arab governments.

From what I've read they are more parasitic on Israili society than they are worth.  Don't have to work, don't have to serve in the military and expect the state to provide them with everything while they contribute nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ozark. Show Ozark's posts

In Response to Re: Again Israel wants ITS kind of religious freedom:
    [QUOTE]I suspect that the ultra conservative jews in Israel are just as big a pain in the butt to the Israeli government as the fundimentalist groups of muslims are to many of the more secular arab governments.
    Posted by alpha1six[/QUOTE]

Yes, the haredim are economic parasites.  And some of them even throw rocks at Israeli motorists driving during the sabbath.  But their behavior is tame compared to Sunni and Shia extremists throughout the Muslim world who blow up each other's mosques and who gun down funeral processions and religious pilgrims in the name of Allah.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

No not really comperable. For one the land of the mosque is enveloped by a hostile army, to "preserve the peace". The army decides the persons worthy to worship at a holy site. This is not true at jewish sites, just muslim ones(most christians get a free pass).  While some jews desecrate the area of the mosque.
     Sunni and Shia largely will not destroy a mosque. I cannot think of a single wholesale muslim destruction of a mosque at the moment due to soley religious strife. They will spill blood.
     Isrealis are well known to blowup mosques however, lock, stock and minaret.
    I love the examples Ozark puts up though. Eyptian copts are safe compared to palestinians and are at least free to travel in their own country. Israelis are not welcome in the West Bank due to their own actions of MURDER and TERROR. Not exactly the same.
    Nigerian christians are doing better than the palestinians. And the Sudan is fundamentally a tribal and economic war due to the foolish division of the country by european powers decades ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rukhama. Show rukhama's posts

"Sunni and Shia largely will not destroy a mosque. I cannot think of a single wholesale muslim destruction of a mosque at the moment due to soley religious strife. They will spill blood.  Isrealis are well known to blowup mosques however, lock, stock and minaret...palestinians...are at least free to travel in their own country. Israelis are not welcome in the West Bank due to their own actions of MURDER and TERROR."

It has been a long time since I have read such a ridiculous post. Israelis are certainly NOT known for blowing up mosques. Sunnis and Shiites, however, are known for blowing each other up at each other's mosques. As for Judea and Samaria (erroneously referred to as "the West Bank"), not only are Israelis welcome there, but they live there too.

Paleostinians are perfectly safe traveling in their country. Their fellow Jordanians do nothing to harm them.

Sections
Shortcuts