Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougSabbag. Show DougSabbag's posts

Re: Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians

As though this is a NEW situation?!?!?!

The Settlers have been killing Palestinians for DECADES.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Potlemac. Show Potlemac's posts

Unfortunately Israel has devolved into a theocracy, allowing religious extremists to shape and control government policy.  There will be no peace until a rational, moderate government is elected. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

>>>Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians In self defense. Well of course, what could possibly be wrong with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Hmm,
    Your ignorant posts were just that. The people involved are israeli criminals on palestinian territory. The Proof? Israel is illegally trying to make their settlements legal. So an unwelcome person builds a home on YOUR land, CUTS down YOUR FRUIT FARM and Israeli soldiers shoot you for trying to stop them. This Happened this week and every few weeks for 40 years and you still dont get the fact that little people with no power hate the israelis?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ozark. Show Ozark's posts

If I were a Jewish resident of Judea or Samaria (aka West Bank) and an Arab terrorist tried to kill my wife and children, I would kill him if I could.  Despite what anti-Jewish bigots think, Jews have the right of self-defense just as all other people do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ozark. Show Ozark's posts

In Response to Re: Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians:
    Hmm, Your ignorant posts were just that.
    Posted by topaz978

I've noticed that you think you are sooo smart.  Other posters, according to you, are "ignorant," "a moron," etc.  To date, I have seen little evidence that you are a brilliant anayst of current affairs.  Why don't you practice a little bit of humility.  It might increase the impact of your posts in a positive way.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM0N. Show JM0N's posts

In Response to Re: Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians : "I see no stabbing in the heart,btw, but I dont think they distiguish infants and preschoolers. Not much of that in the logs either." Then you didn't read the news. The monsters - and, yes, they are monsters, because only monsters would behead a three-month-old baby - stabbed one of the older children right through the heart. "If you want to belive they are monsters them you are perpetuateing the "NAZI myth" that we are better and they are evil to be destroyed. That makes you the evilone." No, they are the Nazis. Mein Kampf is a best seller among the Paleostinians. They openly proclaim that they want all Jews dead. And you call me evil?
    Posted by rukhama

"No, they are the Nazis. Mein Kampf is a best seller among the Paleostinians. They openly proclaim that they want all Jews dead." It is assanine to categorize Palestinians a monolithic group. What if Jews were cast in the same light?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to Re: Israel authorizes illegal settlers to shoot palestinians : I've noticed that you think you are sooo smart.  Other posters, according to you, are "ignorant," "a moron," etc.  To date, I have seen little evidence that you are a brilliant anayst of current affairs.  Why don't you practice a little bit of humility.  It might increase the impact of your posts in a positive way.
    Posted by Ozark

So it is self defense to go to my neihbors house and shoot him if he tries to evict me? Because that is what the settlers are doing. IN FACT.
    As to the moron or other name calling, You could look at my posts. I rarely use  such terms. Usually the posters have pointed this out themselves. But yes it happens, if I see a car I do not say I see a clam. I see and say my opinon just like you. Clam.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Israeli vigilantes

Like predecessors, latter-day Israeli vigilantes did not wait for official sanctions. Names and agendas have changed, but not habits of behaving like governments unto themselves. Following Arab massacres of Jewish settlers, starting in the late 1920s, Irgun began to attack Arabs, and Lehi began to harass and attack supposed British protectors. Some of today's Israeli militants have attacked security forces of their own country. [ Ethan Bronner, Settlers riot, attacking Israeli base and post, New York Times, December 14, 2011, at http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/14/world/middleeast/radical-jewish-settlers-clash-with-israeli-troops.html ]

Some of the most unusual episodes from the 1930s and 1940s were collaboration of Arabs with Jews in attacking forces of the British Mandate. [Hillel Cohen, Army of Shadows, University of California Press, 2008]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Hmm,
    Vigilantes. But that term presuposes a right to act even on their own without support. These Israelis act with the full support of the army preventing palestinians from protecting their trees, farms, homes, roads and schools. The army prevents the palestinians from throwing stones, providing human blockades, and from just physically fighting the ILLEGAL RESIDENTS. These persons are not illegal under international law but under ISRAELI LAW!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Jewish militants in Israel

Relationships of Israel's government with its Jewish militants are again growing complicated and difficult, as AP reporter Amy Teibel recently described. [ Jewish radicals get off hook in Israel, WTOP, December 16, 2011, at http://www.wtop.com/?nid=220&sid=2671336 ]

Militants include some Haredim, of which U.S. residents are likely to be familiar only with Hasidim, but there has never been strong linkage between religion and militancy. Cadres of Irgun Zvai Leumi, passionately Zionist in traditions of its founder Ze'ev Jabotinsky, were seldom known as devoutly religious. Hagannah began handing over wanted Irgun to British forces during World War II. After the war, the NY Times described the Irgun as a "Zionist terrorist organization." [Irgun's hand seen in Alps rail blast, August 16, 1947, p. 4]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

The issue is not so much which group of israelis of what persuasion or religious flavor, but the rule of law and justice, PERIOD. That should be one flavor for all, don't ya think? Or does the mall cop down the street get off with a warning while you get a 450$ fine. In israel the warning part translates ,but the fine is 10 acres of destroyed farm trees.
     The Torah is full of how to ajudicate disputes, the problem is that too many read this as only about jews. Not the people you have to live with in your land. Even for jews that are not as holy as you feel. Thus the bus issues with pregnant women being kick(physically) out of PUBLIC buses for being female.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Torah and Talmud

While Arabs held an upper hand in Palestine, from end World War I to start World War II, they were about as murderous as latter-day Jews, inspiring Irgun and Lehi--whose governments-unto-themselves act as models even today. Torah explores a history of Jews and Talmud a moral outlook for Jews. They never pretended to multi-culturalism, as we now style it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Not really. Jews and arabs pre ww2 were not in major conflict in the area. But you are wrong to call the RESIDENT non jews arab. They were and are not arab. These were the tribes of non jews described in the bible(old testament) and in the Torah. Also the pentuchs. At that time they had any number of differing religions. And still do.
     The Torah does not condone indescriminate murder to destroy a peaceful neighbor. The issue is abstraction. If my neighbor shoots a rocket hurting no one (as 95% of the rockets do). Why is it ok for a precision 1000 lb bomb to kill my household and the next ten around it(oops wrong house sorry). That is not eye for an eye. It is we will kill whomever in retaliation and punishment without a use of justice as commanded and described in the Torah.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Hebron massacre of 1929

Well, none of this is OK. Injustices are being done. That is easier for us to say from a distance. A reader more aware of history and less invested in myths would probably make fewer mistakes.

The first outbreak of mass violence in Palestine was the widely reported Hebron massacre of August 23 and 24, 1929. Sixty-seven Jews were slaughtered. Most were beaten and stabbed, some of their bodies were ripped open and some of their heads cut off. About a third of the victims were students at the Hebron yeshiva, where the attacks began. Jewish homes were burned and Jewish businesses ransacked. Jews in Hebron tried to retaliate, but they were greatly outnumbered. British courts tried about 200 Arabs and a few dozen Jews for crimes; three Arabs were hanged.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

See at least under british mandate there was some justice. Some were arrested as opposed to the current day. But what was the british mandate? How could they enforce law? How can Israel maintain that there was no law in the palestine mandate? No property rights.
     The territory was never abandoned from law after the ottoman empire. This is just a zionist dream. Law existed and property law was enforced for thirty years before Isreal was created.

Sections
Shortcuts