A Mom's World, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

A Mom's World, Tuesday, 20 facts

Yesterday we learned more about you and your blog A Mom's World. Today, please tell us 20 facts about yourself and your blog (http://onemomsworld.wordpress.com)!

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions in this thread. To learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Re: A Mom's World, Tuesday, 20 facts

Okay, 20 facts about me and my blog, in no particular order:

1. I love pizza. I'd eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I don't. But I would.

2. I grew up in Connecticut, but I've been living in the Boston area for almost fifteen years, and now it feels like my real home.

3. My favorite sport to watch is baseball. Unfortunately, I'm a Yankees fan out of loyalty to my New Yorker husband. I personally harbor no ill will toward the Red Sox, though, and always root for them (unless they're playing the Yankees).

4. I'll take winter snow over the summer heat and humidity any time. But fall is my favorite season.

5. I once steered a 3-masted schooner overnight through the waters of the Long Island Sound. Luckily, no lobster pots were hurt.

6. I started my blog because writing is so much a part of me -- but also because, with little ones ages 4, 3, 1 and newborn, I hardly left the house. Blogging was a little bit of social interaction for me. It still is. (But I get to leave the house more these days.)

7. Sometimes the hardest thing about writing a blog post is finding the right image to go with it. But I love Google, so it's all good.

8. I was a middle school English teacher for about 8 years, half that time in Massachusetts, half in Connecticut. In between those two four-year periods, I worked at the Boston Herald.

9. One of the first stories I wrote for the Herald was about a Cabbage Patch doll that had been causing some injuries when kids' hair got caught in the dolls' mouths. Hard and fast journalism, right? 

10. My Herald stories got better after that. Seriously.

11. I love, love drawing and doodling. But I totally stink at it.

12. I started writing for children about four years ago. My kids and their friends inspire me every day. It's often where I get my ideas!

13. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian like James Herriott. Then, I saw a calf being born -- and realized I was too squeamish.

14. I love to read. I'll read anything! Mostly I love reading children's books -- of course.

15. My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird. Not unsurprisingly, it's also my favorite movie.

16. My guilty pleasure is watching "Phineas and Ferb" or "Good Luck, Charlie" when my kids aren't even in the room with me.

17. I've always dreamed about renting an RV and spending a year or so traveling to every state America. Oh, heck, Canada and Mexico, too!

18. I change my blog's look and layout every once in a while -- I don't like things to get boring!

19. I'm organizationally challenged. But I love office supplies. 

20. I love writing, blogging, because it's how I make sense of the world around me. The writing process helps me to clarify my thoughts and express my feelings, and, hopefully, in the end, what I write resonates with my readers. Writing is about making connections.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

#5 - wow!

#9 - The mouth trapped a child's hair? Was it just one specific doll that was made poorly? I'm fascinated as a former CPK enthusiast!

#17 - ditto

#19 - me too! One of my goals this year is to get more organized.

What part of New York is your husband from? I am from the Albany area. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

#9 -- Yes! It was a doll that could "eat" food of some kind. Kids were getting fingers caught, hair sucked in. It was pretty gross!

#19 -- That's always a goal of mine. Staples loves me in January.

DH is from Long Island! I think he rather enjoys stirring the baseball pot with his friends here. ;)

Sections
Shortcuts