Honest Mom, Monday introduction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Honest Mom, Monday introduction

Our Featured Parent Blogger this week is JD at Honest Mom. Welcome! Thanks for being with us this week!

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog.

Readers, feel free to stop by to say "hi" to JD. We'll be chatting with her all week long in these forums so please come back. 

And to find out more about this series or to nominate a blogger (or yourself!) go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

Re: Honest Mom, Monday introduction

Happy Monday everyone! (I can say that without sarcasm since I’m on cup #2 of coffee. Coffee = happiness for me.) Thanks so much to Kristi and Boston.com for this opportunity - I’m psyched to be here.

My name is JD Bailey, and I am a freelance writer and the creator of the blog Honest Mom.

On the blog I write about the funny and the tough parts of raising little girls, and also about my journey in managing my depression, which began with PPD for me. I started Honest Mom to connect with other moms and create a space for women to both vent and laugh, and it’s turned into a great community.

I am a co-author of the book, I Just Want to Pee Alonea collection of hilarious essays on motherhood. My work has also been featured in publications such as baystateparent magazine, the Huffington Post, and Scary Mommy.

I am proud to be an outspoken advocate for moms who deal with depression. I was interviewed by Katie Couric on her show about the topic in March and was featured in a March 2013 Parenting Magazine article about parents and depression.

Talking about depression is important to me because I want to lift its stigma. I’m a regular, everyday mom who has to manage a chronic illness that happens to be in my brain. People are always shocked when I confide that I battle depression because I seem so “normal” and generally happy. And that’s exactly why I write about it so much. Depression is not something to be ashamed of, and I work to make that known.

When I'm not writing for the blog or my professional copywriting job, or herding my sweet little rugrats, I can be found digging in my gardens, hanging out with my husband, or puttering around on FacebookTwitterPinterest, or Google+.

I’m looking forward to connecting online with you all this week as I guzzle my coffee - or grown-up beverage - depending what time of day it is.  ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrugalistaBlog. Show FrugalistaBlog's posts

I love JD and her Honest Mom blog. I too write about depression sometimes, so I appreciate her giving me the courage to get people talking about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

In response to FrugalistaBlog's comment:

I love JD and her Honest Mom blog. I too write about depression sometimes, so I appreciate her giving me the courage to get people talking about it.

Love you, Frugie! You rock.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilMisBusy. Show LilMisBusy's posts

Happy to see you here JD! Have fun!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

In response to LilMisBusy's comment:

Happy to see you here JD! Have fun!

Thank you! xoxo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from alysiabutler. Show alysiabutler's posts

So excited to see you here! Love that more locals will get to read all of your amazing work. So glad you are here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

In response to alysiabutler's comment:

So excited to see you here! Love that more locals will get to read all of your amazing work. So glad you are here.

Aw, yay! Thanks so much, Alysia!

Sections
Shortcuts