Keeping Mommy Sane, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Keeping Mommy Sane, Tuesday, 20 facts

Yesterday, Jessica from Keeping Mommy Sane took some time to introduce herself and tell us about her blog.

Today, we'd like to hear 20 facts about you and your blog, Jessica!

Attention readers: Feel free to stop by and say "hi" to Jessica or ask her a question. She'll be with us all week. Find out more about the Featured Parent Blogger series on Boston.com Moms. Nominate a blogger you enjoy (or nominate yourself!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

Re: Keeping Mommy Sane, Tuesday, 20 facts

Good morning! Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. Here are 20 facts about me and Keeping Mommy Sane. I love making lists, so this was a fun one to write!

1. I will celebrate my one-year “blog-iversary” at the end of August!

2  I was an intern in the White House during the Clinton administration … I know, I know ...

3. I really think I might be addicted to magazines. I subscribe to 13 of them!

4. I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday! Here's the recap of my experience.

5. I just signed up for my second half marathon this fall.

6. My worst habit? Nail biting. 

7. I have been a vegetarian for about 23 years.

8. I am deathly afraid of bees. And spiders. And beetles. And, well, most insects.

9. I usually tell people my favorite movie is “Love, Actually” or "Before Sunrise."  But in reality? It’s a toss-up between “Anchorman” and “Old School.” Apparently, I have a thing for Will Ferrell.

10. I have seen every single episode of “Beverly Hills, 90210” - the 90s version - more times than I can count.

11. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis just over 10 years ago (you can read about that here). I am still blown away by the amazing feedback I got from that post from others with the same disease. It showed me that blogging and social media can truly make a positive impact. 

12. On the other hand, I love that my most popular post to date is "What to Wear in Disney World" :)

13. I would love to be cast with my husband on “The Amazing Race” and travel the world.

14. I started blogging as a creative outlet, and also as a way to record and chronicle these incredible years when my children are small. I never imagined I would make some wonderful new friends in the process ...

15. My husband and I fantasize about retiring and buying a brownstone in the Back Bay. 

16. I secretly enjoy watching “Phinneas and Ferb” as much as my 6-year-old.

17. I don't know why, but I have always dreamed of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. 

18. I am a terrible swimmer. I think my son could swim circles around me - literally. And I still have to hold my nose when I jump into a pool.

19. I met my husband at a Halloween costume party at Kitty O’Sheas in Boston 13 years ago. I was dressed as a hippie. 

20.  I recently realized I've never taken my kids to the Boston Children's Museum! We're taking care of that this summer during our "staycation."  

Have I mentioned I like lists? I have a few more "list" posts over on  Keeping Mommy Sane. Come visit!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaneG80. Show JaneG80's posts

Great list! I'm amazed at how many friends I've made through blogging, too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkchop07. Show porkchop07's posts

Great list, Jessica! You've done a great job in a year of blogging :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

In response to JaneG80's comment:

Great list! I'm amazed at how many friends I've made through blogging, too!

We're a great litttle community :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

In response to porkchop07's comment:

Great list, Jessica! You've done a great job in a year of blogging :)

Thanks so much! I can't believe it's already been a year (almost)!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpeacock74. Show mpeacock74's posts

In response to jlgrimes' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phineas and Ferb fantastic!  I've caught myself watching by meself after my kids have gone to bed.  It's so creative, and let's kids know that if they put there mind to something, anything you think of/create is possible. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

In response to mpeacock74's comment:

In response to jlgrimes' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phineas and Ferb fantastic!  I've caught myself watching by meself after my kids have gone to bed.  It's so creative, and let's kids know that if they put there mind to something, anything you think of/create is possible. 

I love that I'm not the only one. I think a part of me can relate to Candace :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcook04. Show mcook04's posts

I am cracking up at the swimming fact --- because I, too, still hold my nose when I jump in a pool!!! ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

#4 Congrats!

#7 What are some of your favorite foods?

#13 Me too but I'd be done the first time we had to bungee jump or do anything from high up!

#19 What was his costume?

#20 You will have so much fun!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

In response to mcook04's comment:

I am cracking up at the swimming fact --- because I, too, still hold my nose when I jump in a pool!!! ;-)

LOL! I'm so happy I'm not alone! My husband totally teases me for this :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlgrimes. Show jlgrimes's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

#4 Congrats!

#7 What are some of your favorite foods?

#13 Me too but I'd be done the first time we had to bungee jump or do anything from high up!

#19 What was his costume?

#20 You will have so much fun!

#4 - Thank you :) This was a goal of mine for some time (and one of the items on my 2013 Bucket List)

#5 - If you ask my son, he'll tell you my favorite food is salad :) As a vegetarian, I love all sorts of beans, grains like farro and barley, soups, and though I try not to eat a lot of processed soy products, I do like the Gardein line of veggie burgers, "chicken" tenders, etc. My favorite dish by far, though, is Soba Noodle Salad. Yum.

#13 - And for me, it would be eating some of those disgusting dishes ... do I give up 20+ years of being a vegetarian (and risk getting pretty sick) for $1 million? Hmm ....

#19 - Funny you should ask. To this day, I'm not quite sure. He had a cape and a frog mask - stuff he admitted he grabbed at the last minute so he'd had something to wear to the costume party.

#20 -  I'm excited to take them! Now to find a time when it's not too crowded ... :)